Mayday

2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

433 posts in this topic

Kostitsyn might be faster then Sykora but he MAY also be lazier.

Then again the Devils might break him out of that funk. Who knows. I am convinced if Semin signs with NJ that "lazy" stigma he has would evaporate in no time. The same could potentially happen w/ Kostitsyn as well.

It's possible, but it seems like Kostitsyin and his bro always have issues. The Devils may not want to risk bringing that into a locker room that just lost a leader.

It's possible, but it seems like Kostitsyin and his bro always have issues. The Devils may not want to risk bringing that into a locker room that just lost a leader.

Yea, for me it's even simpler: could you really see that guy being a Devil?

Yea, for me it's even simpler: could you really see that guy being a Devil?

Idk- they do have connections to the mob, like Lou. Oh wait, a different mob, move along!

Idk- they do have connections to the mob, like Lou. Oh wait, a different mob, move along!

If, and that's IF Lou has connections to any sort of depraved organization, which I have always suspected he might, I've always envisioned they would be of a more "infernal" nature; you know: less carnality and vice and more fire and brimstone.

He's played 41 games over the last two seasons. There's no reason he should be mentioned on there.

Well, he's had some good seasons, and a lot of players come back from bad injuries. He looks better to me than a bunch of the guys on that list.

You know one of my worries is that if the Devils don't do something fairly significant this off-season, it's going to be a lot harder to attract free agents here. I think it's easy for some people to look at the Devils and say they lost their captain, two important assistant coaches, the team has financial instability and Marty and Lou probably don't have too much longer stays in them. Hence, I don't think it's that far of a stretch for some free agents to assume the Devils might not be worth the risk any longer despite their proven track record. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm now wondering if all of this off-season nonsense is going to start taking a cumulative toll on the organization? But there is one important caveat to all of this: I do think the Devils have to be very careful, if they do make a splash, to ensure that it's not going to completely backfire on them and sabotage the team's chances for years to come. Hence, the Devils are going to have to walk a very delicate line here. It’s not going to be easy, but if anyone can pull it off, it’s Lou.

Excuse me while I reach for my Kool-Aid.

FLYERS SIGN SHEA WEBER TO 100 MILLION DOLLAR OFFER SHEET:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Breaking: Shea Weber agrees to offer sheet with Philadelphia. 14 years, upwards of $100 mil. Preds have 7 days to match. Wow!!

No way Predators won't match. Actually works out for them since they prob wouldn't be able to get Weber to agree to sign a long-term deal with them.

St. Louis Blues

BREAKING NEWS: The Blues have agreed to terms with T.J. Oshie on a five-year contract. Details coming to stlouisblues.com soon #stlblues

St. Louis Blues

Oshie's contract is worth an average of $4.175 million per year. Official press release will be available Friday. #stlblues

Edited by TheMazz

St. Louis Blues ‏@StLouisBlues

BREAKING NEWS: The Blues have agreed to terms with T.J. Oshie on a five-year contract. Details coming to http://stlouisblues.com soon #stlblues

Damn..in a kind of hopeful way I was hoping he would somehow become a Devils. Shoot.

Damn..in a kind of hopeful way I was hoping he would somehow become a Devils. Shoot.

We missed out as soon as we drafted Bergfors instead.

No way Predators won't match. Actually works out for them since they prob wouldn't be able to get Weber to agree to sign a long-term deal with them.

I know this post was made before the structure of the deal became apparent, but I don't think this 'works out for them'.

We missed out as soon as we drafted Bergfors instead.

Yeah but in heinsight I would say that worked out for the best *cough Kovalchuk cough*.

I know this post was made before the structure of the deal became apparent, but I don't think this 'works out for them'.

Well exactly..made well before the structure of the deal came out. No clue how that structure works for Philly either.

Per Brooksie, Shane Doan was visiting Rags practice facility.

Let them pay Doan 6 mill +

Let them pay Doan 6 mill +

+1 Someone is going to overpay dearly for this guy.

I'm actually pleased to hear that Doan HASN'T visited the Devils.

This guy will be Rolston 2.0 for whatever sorry organization signs him.

There just isn't a player either of our scumbag rivals isn't interesting in buying is there?

Doan's personality doesn't fit the doucheyness of either of these teams. What gives?