Mayday

2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

433 posts in this topic

Let's say the Devils end up signing Huselius. Where does he fit in? He's listed as a LW, not sure how well he could play RW, but maybe this could work out:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus (maybe switch Kovy and Zubie so they aren't both off-wing)

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

Huselius-Josefson-Bernier

Carter-Gionta-Barch

Unfotunately, you've got to stick Barch in there. Also, I would like to see Tedenby given another legitimate chance. I'm neither sold on him being a bust, nor a top 6 NHLer, but he deserves another chance I think. I'm still not a huge fan of having Clarkson on the second line, but that's always subject to change. Regardless of any of this, I think a trade needs to happen, even if it means only getting prospects/picks in return. We can hope for more, but who knows what will really happen.

Edited by nessus

Let's say the Devils end up signing Huselius. Where does he fit in? He's listed as a LW, not sure how well he could play RW, but maybe this could work out:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus (maybe switch Kovy and Zubie so they aren't both off-wing)

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

Huselius-Josefson-Bernier

Carter-Gionta-Barch

Unfotunately, you've got to stick Barch in there. Also, I would like to see Tedenby given another legitimate chance. I'm neither sold on him being a bust, nor a top 6 NHLer, but he deserves another chance I think. I'm still not a huge fan of having Clarkson on the second line, but that's always subject to change. Regardless of any of this, I think a trade needs to happen, even if it means only getting prospects/picks in return. We can hope for more, but who knows what will really happen.

Why do you "have" to stick Barch in there?

While the free agent market is bone dry, I'm going to stick to thinking that more quality players are going to be cut loose when the new CBA comes in.

I will also say, if Tedenby makes the team, the third line should look like Tedenby - JJ - Clarkson. Together in 2011 they had a lot of success down the stretch.

Why do you "have" to stick Barch in there?

Well, there's no way that he was signed to play in the AHL. If Lou didn't want him to play on the NHL team, I don't think he'd be signed.

Barch is going to play, especially in regular season games vs. the Flyers and Rangers. I hate to say it because the hockey played in the playoffs without them is a much better product, but you need to have an enforcer on this team to counter the goons that the Rangers and Flyers have on their rosters with all the BS that goes on the regular season. I don't think you need both him and Cam though.

He probably won't take a shift in the playoffs should we make it but, until the NHL outlaws fighting, players like Barch are necessary in each team's lineup.

I think the reason we don't see as many trades as in the past, like Lou has said, many GM's put so much value on players and what they expect in return. Like, you want who & what? for him? You think he's that good.

I think Teddy will again be on a short leash this year, but hopefully he shows what everyone expected from him in the 1st place.

Hopefully, there is a reasonable trade partner out there that doesn't expect the sun/moon in return.