Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grcenter47

Elias & Stanley Cup Puck

42 posts in this topic

"Unless of course he was going to bring it to the dressing room so Jersey players could take turns hurling it at Steve Bernier."

This made me laugh

1 person likes this

The sudden sadness that came from rewatching the final seconds tick away definitely wasn't worth seeing if Elias took the puck.

surprised there was no Pronger reference

The sudden sadness that came from rewatching the final seconds tick away definitely wasn't worth seeing if Elias took the puck.

My sadness just built up as watched 1 goal, 2 goals, 3 goals scored in a 5 minute 5 on 4... the rest of the game I was just shellshocked... breaking the shutout wasn't any condolence. And with 10mins left... I just wanted the final horn to blow... and I think they did too.

My sadness just built up as watched 1 goal, 2 goals, 3 goals scored in a 5 minute 5 on 4... the rest of the game I was just shellshocked... breaking the shutout wasn't any condolence. And with 10mins left... I just wanted the final horn to blow... and I think they did too.

I lost all of my sadness/anger when the linesman took down Volchenkov before the 4th goal. I knew right there it was not meant to be and it just became comical. It became even more comical when the refs gave Carter and Clarkson 10 minute misconducts after roughing minors. The game itself was a joke, the refs treated it like an unimportant regular season game. How can you hand out misconduct penalties just in order to control the game, it's the Stanley Cup! I had more appreciation for this team after it was all over.

Edited by Zubie#8
3 people like this

I lost all of my sadness/anger when the linesman took down Volchenkov before the 4th goal. I knew right there it was not meant to be and it just became comical. It became even more comical when the refs gave Carter and Clarkson 10 minute misconducts after roughing minors. The game itself was a joke, the refs treated it like an unimportant regular season game. How can you hand out misconduct penalties just in order to control the game, it's the Stanley Cup! I had more appreciation for this team after it was all over.

That's a good way of putting it. Even down by 4 goals with 3 players getting misconducts of different types, they were still fighting. It was nice to see, and I hope it signaled the end of the days of this team rolling over in the first round.

Yeah after the first two goals I pretty much got the feeling that it wasn't going to happen, still we lost and it sucks, I just hope the aggressive offense caries over into the regular season to some extent

Omg please tell me this is true! I, for one, think it is awesome.

I'm gonna have to agree. I haven't watched the video but if he did. That's pretty damn awesome.

1 person likes this

Oh, I can! Patty has a very very competitive dark side!

Cross checking Steve Ott in the face right off the faceoff is my personal favorite.

I still refuse to watch that final countdown. I get so pissed off rethinking the events of that game..

But I hope Elias did.

I still refuse to watch that final countdown. I get so pissed off rethinking the events of that game..

But I hope Elias did.

THIS.

lol some equipment guy probably ran off with it.

If it makes Bill Plaschke mad, it was worth it.

But to be fair Patty was the second gunman on the grassy knoll, occasionally goes swimming in Loch Ness, saw where Hoffa was buried, and knows how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a toostie roll tootsie pop.

Yeah, these LA jerk-offs can eat a dick on the puck. You won the Cup, enjoy it and shut the fvck up. Flood their offices with pucks, I saw that idea earlier.

Haha , why are they so desperate for the puck, JUST BE HAPPY WITH YOUR 3ft SHINY TROPHY YOU IDIOTS.

If the Devils won the Cup and someone on the Kings took the puck we would all be complaining about what a bunch of bush league sore losers they are.

If the Devils won the Cup and someone on the Kings took the puck we would all be complaining about what a bunch of bush league sore losers they are.

Yeah, I highly doubt anyone would give a fvck.

Yeah, I highly doubt anyone would give a fvck.

In the grand scheme of things I really don't care but I guarantee people here would complain. Chris Pronger did the same thing two years ago and people criticized him for it.