Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghdi

Bernier re-signed by Devils

26 posts in this topic

Hoping for 2 years, <= $700K per season. Anything more is an overpay, but the Devils really have no minor league depth.

I wonder who posted that crack about passing blame and pointing fingers being an NJDevs.com trait :P

Good for him, felt awful for him after that sh!t that went down in Game 6. It's like everyone was going to make him out to be the goat.

Good for him, felt awful for him after that sh!t that went down in Game 6. It's like everyone was going to make him out to be the goat.

It seemed to me like everyone from the players to the fans rallied behind him rather than scapegoating him.. Now he can redeem himself

He has nothing to redeem. If it wasn't for his and his linemates play throughout the postseason, it would be very unlikely for us to be in that position in the first place. Very happy with these signings today.

He has nothing to redeem. If it wasn't for his and his linemates play throughout the postseason, it would be very unlikely for us to be in that position in the first place. Very happy with these signings today.

Tell him that.. TG made it sound like he blamed himself anyway so now maybe he'll have a little extra to work for

Awesome! 2/3 of CBGB taken care of. Now let's get Gionta and that Parise dude locked up. :P

Good for him. I want him kicking ass next year.

im glad the guy re-signed, it was not his fault at all in game 6, buddy turned his back

Edited by SterioDesign

Tell him that.. TG made it sound like he blamed himself anyway so now maybe he'll have a little extra to work for

I think any player in that position would feel that way. Thought you might have been pinning it on him, glad to see that is not the case :cheers:

Glad he's back with us. No one deserves to a leave a team on that penalty. He will be a work horse on the 4th line for us next year... might even put up 3rd line numbers as well..

Hope he learns from his mistakes and doesn't play like a flyer ever again. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that the major embellishment and hit from behind won't become part of his game. If he starts making that kind of crap a habit it'll be a different story.

If Bernier could finish a little better, I would be ecstatic! I'll take him as a "crasher" though. Let's get Carts in the fold now.

My hockey instinct knows and acknowledges that this is great news and great for our team. My over emotional heart doesn't want anything to do with this guy, and my brain is telling it to stfu and he shouldn't get the sole blame on why we sh!t the bed in game 6.

LGD

1 person likes this

I was extremely anti-Bernier in the days that followed Game 6, but can honestly say that has passed and now I'm 100% in favor of this move. If nothing else, we have a guy with something to prove next season. Sometimes the greatest triumphs are borne from the hardest heartbreaks. '94 comes to mind.

Welcome back, Bernie.

Good. Now for Carter and Gio.

I NEVER EVER would have thought I'd be clammoring for out 4th line guys to be locked up ASAP

Good. Now for Carter and Gio.

I NEVER EVER would have thought I'd be clammoring for out 4th line guys to be locked up ASAP

Carter was re-signed but I don't think the terms were disclosed. Gio is the only one that needs to be re-signed.

yes. i love the carter signing.

i love gio and his tenacity but i think we should go after a bigger grinder if available.

Lavoie reports it's 2 years for $750,000 per. So, very slight overpay, but I like the deal given the spot the Devils find themselves with Albany.