Triumph

Martin Brodeur - 2 years $9 million

519 posts in this topic

Lavoie reporting that a good source told him Brodeur would be interested in Florida and Tampa Bay.

Lavoie reporting that a good source told him Brodeur would be interested in Florida and Tampa Bay.

If true the price for Luongo just went WAY down.

EDIT: Wow, I fail. Breaking report that Luongo traded to Panthers.

Edited by Daniel

If true the price for Luongo just went WAY down.

EDIT: Wow, I fail. Breaking report that Luongo traded to Panthers.

source?

source?

Renaud Lavoie. Hockey writer for RDS. Which he said.

Source tell me that Martin Brodeur could play in Tampa or Sunrise next season.

— Renaud Lavoie (@renlavoietva)

June 29, 2012

source?

samjam99 ‏@samjam99 BREAKING: can confirm Roberto Luongo has been traded to the Florida Panthers. Deal should be announced today. More to come. ‪#Canucks

Not sure if Legit, so could be a double fail on my part. Got it retweeted from NJDevilsBlog.

Renaud Lavoie. Hockey writer for RDS. Which he said.

Source tell me that Martin Brodeur could play in Tampa or Sunrise next season.

— Renaud Lavoie (@renlavoietva)

June 29, 2012

I'm refering to the Luongo to florida

I think being in Florida is a big selling point there. He'll will still be playing but in his off time he can enjoy the beach and what not.

I think being in Florida is a big selling point there. He'll will still be playing but in his off time he can enjoy the beach and what not.

No state income tax, right?

This doesn't rule out Marty in Tampa where there is a great need for goaltending.

This doesn't rule out Marty in Tampa where there is a great need for goaltending.

So who's going along with Marty to provide goalie help?

Isn't there defense complete crap too? Or is just their goaltending situation? Even then they would have Garon, Roloson, and Lindback with Marty.

Isn't there defense complete crap too? Or is just their goaltending situation? Even then they would have Garon, Roloson, and Lindback with Marty.

Yes, but its very young and improving.

tampa said they want a younger goalie than luonguo.... no chance they get brodeur...

It wont matter if Tampa will pay him.

What the fvck? What the hell is this

I'm refering to the Luongo to florida

Gotcha. Yea doesnt seem to be done just yet, but where there's smoke there's fire. Can only wait and see.

Gotcha. Yea doesnt seem to be done just yet, but where there's smoke there's fire. Can only wait and see.

That appears to be an epic fail on my part. The source makes Єklund (2.3% accurate) look like Abraham Lincoln.

Brodeur has no leverage. And if he went to Tampa it might end up forcing him to retire mid-season. He would be exposed based on what many of us have seen the last couple years and embarrassed playing with that defense in front of him. It would be softies galore and Stamkos would need to put up at least a couple points a night.

So who's going along with Marty to provide goalie help?

Brodeur had a very good 2nd half of the season and followed it up with a great playoffs. Not saying that will continue but he was more very good than bad. Things changed after the Calgary game where he got pulled a few minutes in. It's a risk for any team what to expect, but I do think he has some solid hockey in front of him.

And if the Lightning got any goaltending better than Roloson's historically bad season, they would probably be in the playoffs.

We all knew that there was a possability Marty wouldn't come back (he'd retire). I'm sure Lou had a contingiency plan in the event Marty did decide to pack it in. He'd be throwning Kinkaid /Frazee to the wolves if he intended on using them as a tandem. There's also a good possability Moose isn't coming back as well. You think Lou had marty penciled in as our starter? I think Marty's trying to squeese a 2 year contract out of Lou. If Marty stays he won't be a back up. Then again, there aren't many places with openings for starters.

I've believed all along Marty wanted 2 more years after his current deal expired....

i really believe that if we lose Parise and Marty... the Devils will be in even more financial trouble than they are in now...

People will be giving back their tix because they lost confidence in the Devils org... its gonna be tough...

i will always be a Marty fan and thankful for what hes given us, but this will be a real hard kick in all of our nuts if he leaves to somewhere else for money

i am hopeful (and optimistic) that we can re-sign BOTH of them... but if not, its going to really be devastating to the fanbase

I really don't see any reason for this other than that he'll be fielding offers and he wants an agent there just to hear what he's worth. Then he reports back to Lou and says "Give me this much" and we're good.

Though I really wonder what the contingency plan is if he retires/leaves.

I really don't see any reason for this other than that he'll be fielding offers and he wants an agent there just to hear what he's worth. Then he reports back to Lou and says "Give me this much" and we're good.

Though I really wonder what the contingency plan is if he retires/leaves.

Retirement is not an option at this point...

He is looking for money, from whoever will give it to him