Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roomtemp

Thus ends the Brendan Shanahan-Scott Stevens saga for the Devils

10 posts in this topic

You all know about how the Devils got Scott Stevens from the Blues for compensation of the signing of Brendan Shanahan. Because of this the Blues were angry and tried to sign Stevens back in 1994 again but were caught tampering. Some forget that because of that we were able to swap with the Blues in 03 which allowed us to trade up for Parise. And unless there is some sort of tampering involved (get on that Lou) this kind of closes the book on that.

Damn. We gotta get the Blues on something else! I mean, shoot, this franchise was basically built on stupid decisions made by the St. Louis Blues. How can we ever hope to succeed long-term without that reservoir of ineptitude to draw upon?

1 person likes this

Damn. We gotta get the Blues on something else! I mean, shoot, this franchise was basically built on stupid decisions made by the St. Louis Blues. How can we ever hope to succeed long-term without that reservoir of ineptitude to draw upon?

:rofl:

Well they did trade us Salvador for Janssen so we still got that

I was thinking the same thing... we just love getting the most from STL as possible.

We also got a 3rd rounder for Mike Jefferson Danton from STL

There was definitely more tampering with Parise but nothing will come of it.

I was thinking the same thing... we just love getting the most from STL as possible.

We also got a 3rd rounder for Mike Jefferson Danton from STL

I had remembered the trade for Mikey (I'll give ya one 3rd rounder for one attempted murderer..... DEAL!) but I had forgotten how we came by Sal. Can't believe I did that. Boy, St. Louis really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Okay Lou, get on the phone with St. Louis management and get us a good deal. I am sure they'll take a couple used jockstraps for a quality scoring forward, just be sure to throw in a few low round picks and maybe Janssen to sweeten the deal. C'mon Lou, we're counting on you to get this done!

I'll take Pietrangelo and Backes for Mike Hoeffel and Tyler Eckford. Get 'er done Lou. :P