grcenter47

We signed Krys Barch for 2 years

179 posts in this topic

We really don't need any more tough guys. We can't even get Knuble, or a big body in front who scored more than 10 goals in their career. Knuble would best fit Poni's loss, even though he is old (40 yrs)

Very strange :huh:

Hopefully he got the league minimum on a 2way. Then if Cam ever gets hurt we have a tough guy.

What in the name of God is this...what a terrible terrible signing,my goodness.

I was kind of thinking this when we first re-signed them, but...

...is it possible our playoff juggernaut of a fourth line is actually going to be our regular-season third line this year?

Interesting theory, albeit a little scary.

Lets hope and pray he is on a 2 way like Cam. I think with Bernier, Carter and Gionta in there we are very satisfied with our 4th line. Only thing i am thinking is if Bernier is moved up to 3rd line to fill Ponikarovsky's role, and Barch/Janssen take that 12th fwd spot. The 2nd yr is ridiculous

Isn't he like 28 years old?

Shouldn't we be getting younger prospects over in Albany? And ones with actual fvcking talent...

Sestito is fine for Albany. You can't just throw a bunch of prospects together and say 'play hockey'. You need to have veteran presence there, too. That's why Gionta was there for so many years.

As for Barch. :noclue: Seems we got rid of Boulton so we could sign Boulton.

Perhaps just a response to the Rangers getting tougher this offseason. Maybe if Janssen were to get hurt or something.

I understand wanting to have another guy around who can drop the gloves, I get that. What I don't get is 2 years.

I was kind of thinking this when we first re-signed them, but...

...is it possible our playoff juggernaut of a fourth line is actually going to be our regular-season third line this year?

Hmm that would be interesting.

kovalchuk-zajac-zubrus

elias-henrique-clarkson

bernier-josefson-carter

janssen-barch-gionta

:evilcry:

kovalchuk-zajac-zubrus

elias-henrique-clarkson

bernier-josefson-carter

janssen-barch-gionta

I just threw up in my mouth.

^ I'd be surprised if Barch and Janssen see the ice together one time the whole year.

kovalchuk-zajac-zubrus

elias-henrique-clarkson

bernier-josefson-carter

janssen-barch-gionta

That..is scary bad. Holy Jesus.

Fwiw, TFP is basically Єklund (2.3% accurate) like accurate. This isn't being reported anywhere else yet.

I normally like to reserve judgement on Lou's moves until the end of the summer, but man I am starting to get nervous. The past week has been an absolute nightmare in terms of signings / losses. It really cannot have gone any worse than it has, and I'm starting to question if Lou has finally lost it.

What is with these two year deals for goons? Peters, Boulton, now Barch. Why cut Boulton to sign Barch?

Fwiw, TFP is basically Єklund (2.3% accurate) like accurate. This isn't being reported anywhere else yet.

This. I'll wait until I see this reported else where before I believe it.

Also if he has a 2 way then I'm fine with this. They need some toughness down in Albany too.

Edited by Satans Hockey

What is with these two year deals for goons? Peters, Boulton, now Barch. Why cut Boulton to sign Barch?

yeah this I dont understand.......a team with finance issues and we sign a player like this while we're still paying Boulton??????

Guys, don't worry, uncle Lou has a foolproof plan B. I am currently in negotiations to join the Devils this fall as a replacement for ZP. I am a little rusty--haven't played in 21 years--but it'll all come back I am sure. We feel confident that I will be able to replace some percentage of ZP's production (probably in the neighborhood of zero percent). Right now I am looking for 7years/$50mil but they are only offering 6years/$38 mil. It isn't about the money, but I just gotta be paid more before I accept this contract; I mean I love the Devils and all, but a guy's gotta eat, right?

Anyway, no worries. I am looking forward to being with Devils for a long time, so look for me in a Devils sweater this fall! I will probably be in the upper decks.......

But, wikipedia is reporting it too!

Also if he has a 2 year then I'm fine with this. They need some toughness down in Albany too.

I saw it on Twitter and it is also on the nhl.com website under their free agency blog

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blog.htm?id=764

I meant to say 2-way contract not 2 years. I'm curious to see the details for these contracts.

ah ok haha... my fault :doh1: