what i think

pumpkin cutter

But again, how does this corroborate what you said that Detroit wasn't willing to offer Parise the same money as Suter? Also, this line pretty much substantiates what has been said all along, that it WAS about family: "We made good offers to Ryan and Zack," Holland said. "They wanted to go home. You can't compete with family."

It was stated by numerous people on this board but I've done enough google searching for you so go look it up yourself.

Of course its easy for them to say they wanted to go home and it was all about family when their home team is offering them the biggest amount of money and years.

I feel like Parise lied to us, whether he did or not we won't ever really know but that is why I don't respect Parise and is why ill be booing him when he shows up here.

If he won us a Stanley Cup I might feel differently but he didn't.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Yea, I'm a fanatic all right. I'll boo Gomez for as long as he isn't a Devil. But you need to realize the difference between what Gomez did and what Parise did. Because they are WORLDS apart and this is what I'm trying to get across here.

lol, ok I didn't realize its impossible to respect other teams or other players. What was I thinking.

Absolutely spot on about Gomer being a MUCH BIGGER offender here. I will get over Parise after I let him know what I think of em. Gomer will ALWAYS be boo'd.

Right! Glad you see the light!

because he didn't just want to be with his family! If Detroit would have given him the right amount of money as him and his best friend then they both would have signed there!

He told LL it was NJ or minnie, so the Detroit angle is kinda broken.

Philly offered more than anyone as far as i concerned. And I agree wit Amberite with pretty much everything.

Butt kisser. giggle.gif

LOL that was yer 666th post!

• av-4478.jpg
  • Senior Devil
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

• user_add.png
  • email_open.png

• Group:

Members

06-June 11

... Normal human beings don't get paid 98 million dollars to play a hockey game.

LOL I was totally thinking he is not a normal human being, he is a PRO HOCKEY player!! LOL

Hell, its just a bit of piss, you can still clean the jersey and get a new nameplate! Win-Win

yup, "oh my goodness it's peepee" is a little theatrical, I think.

It was stated by numerous people on this board but I've done enough google searching for you so go look it up yourself.

Of course its easy for them to say they wanted to go home and it was all about family when their home team is offering them the biggest amount of money and years.

I feel like Parise lied to us, whether he did or not we won't ever really know but that is why I don't respect Parise and is why ill be booing him when he shows up here.

If he won us a Stanley Cup I might feel differently but he didn't.

Thank You Satans Hockey. I'm glad you caught it before you let Amberite pull this into a WHY debate when its a HOW debate. That's the issue. Amberite and the posters that preceded him aren't even listening. They just want to prove something about themselves.

Edited by ben00rs

Thank You Satans Hockey. I'm glad you caught it before you let Amberite pull this into a WHY debate when its a HOW debate. That's the issue. Amberite and the posters that preceded him aren't even listening. They just want to prove something about themselves.

What? Are you kidding? First, he didn't say anything in that post of any value. Second, what is there to listen to here? He's saying he'll keep hating Parise because he THINKS he lied to us, which is a ridiculous assumption in itself. As I said in a previous post, everyone is free to their own opinion. But I am also free to call them out on it. Maybe it's you that isn't even listening.

What? Are you kidding? First, he didn't say anything in that post of any value. Second, what is there to listen to here? He's saying he'll keep hating Parise because he THINKS he lied to us, which is a ridiculous assumption in itself. As I said in a previous post, everyone is free to their own opinion. But I am also free to call them out on it. Maybe it's you that isn't even listening.

I don't hate Parise but I don't think that's what he was trying to say at first. To me it was, "Parise plays the part of the loyal soldier real well...he reads the script but in the end, isn't one. He didn't do this correctly. He was talking with Suter during the playoffs, but then he acts all "I don't want to discuss contract stuff at all," to the media during the playoffs like he is some dedicated Devil. Along with ditching the captaincy he never wore it with pride. And as soon as he jumped to Minnesota to be with his lover, he thought, "Wow I'm such a good guy, first I'll massage NJ by telling them what a great organization I think they are. Then I'll whack them off by feeding them the bullsh!t that if I hadn't flown to Minny I would have signed with the Devils and finally I'll give them a full suck off by continually repeating the line that this decision was made in the early hours of the day it was announced." Aw gee Zach, ya sure are swell (and you also don't know sh!t about PR talking to fans condescendingly) - but I guess it worked with some people here.

Of course he made sure to let everyone no how "If you ask anyone that knows me they'll tell you I don't want any of the attention," and "it's not about the money." Give me a break with that sh!t. I'm not saying its wrong to make a lot of money, but he wants to pretend he's a great guy for only taking 98 million dollars and for sticking up for his poor buddy and getting him 98 million dollars too, further screwing the Wild for years to come. I love this country but sometimes people are just so out of touch.

You may have not been around Amberite but for days we have been arguing the HOW and they respond with the WHY. According to some posters we owe Zach Parise something and he doesn't owe us anything and they "know" that because they have a greater understanding of the game and business and we're just emotional and that's not ok. They're too smart for that.

But whatever, I'm only continuing the Parise speak because everyone else is. That and some people can't accept that he CHOSE to not be a Devil anymore and isn't one. It can all be summed up in a combination of what I said in my thread and what a poster said earlier today - Parise left and abandoned the "C" because he doesn't fit here. Kovy remains because he is everything Jersey is about = shut your mouth, lead, acquire CUP. Parise honestly isn't part of my concern anymore. Throw that "C" on the man who we actually all unanimously criticized, while Parise dodged the blame, and he took it in stride and rose.

So go on, keep finding reasons to defend this guy. It's a waste of breath. To him NJ is an after-thought and he's spending his day with Ryan Suter swapping cute lines back and forth about how good each looks in their Wild jersey. fvck him. He doesn't want to be here, then I don't even care what happened, I'll say whatever the fvck I want about that opposing player and no fellow Devils fan should be trying to stop me.

Edited by ben00rs

:rolleyes: some people just can't let it go. Sure I was pissed he left...for a day or two. But not like I ever owned any Parise merch. Now I can look forward to getting the C put on my Kovy jersey, once it becomes official....

Lol, it's been four days. Give it a break.

:rolleyes: some people just can't let it go. Sure I was pissed he left...for a day or two. But not like I ever owned any Parise merch. Now I can look forward to getting the C put on my Kovy jersey, once it becomes official....

Some people just need more time to vent and they could have been more emotionally attached to him. It happens and eventually everything will calm down.

ben00rs, first I'd like to say that's a real well-written ranting post. And again, you are free to your opinions, and all I'm doing is stating mine. You saying all these things about Parise, and what his true intentions were, I hope you can agree that this is all conjecture. Is it possible that I'm wrong and that in reality Parise is a huge two-faced douchebag that played us from day 1? Absolutely. But I don't see it and he hasn't done much to deserve this sort of reputation. You are basing your opinions by clinging to the littlest of details while ignoring what's presented in front of your face. There is a saying that the simplest explanation is usually the right one, and in my experience that's the case most of the time.

I've gone through many July 1sts, trade deadlines, playoff series, and other hockey events thinking that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than there really was. At the end of the day, as much as the media likes to make stories of everything and we like to believe that there are big conspiracies and everything is grandiose, the reality is that things are much simpler. We imagine July 1 probably as something out of Entourage, but in reality it's likely a bunch of GMs sitting in their plain offices and talking on the phone all day, while (most) players sit at home watching Jersey Shore reruns while getting the occasional text or phone call. It's just not nearly as exciting as we make it out in our heads, and I think the same applies to Parise.

Do you really think he had this grand plan all along? I don't think so. I think he always felt in the back of his head that as much as he likes it here, it would be nice to play at home. He heard offers from lots of teams, which anyone would be a fool not to at least consider, and then he got the offer from Minnesota. I think at this point he was really split about either coming home or staying here. And, on the evening of July 2, just like he said, he and Suter started discussing how great it would be to play together. From there, the pieces fell into place and he suddenly had the allure of both playing at home, as well as with his longtime friend.

It's just that simple. Thinking that he played us, or that he always had his mind set on leaving, or that we are just in his rear view mirror now is all conjecture and is not based on the facts laid out in front of you. I'm just as disappointed and upset as everyone on this board is, but to blatantly hate the guy because of a story made up in my head is not being fair to him, or to us for that matter. Which again is why I say, base your feelings of Parise on reality - he worked his ass off for us, he never openly did anything bad to the team, he never disrespected us. Am I going to cheer for him? Nope, but I sure as hell don't need to piss on his jersey or boo him.

• Like 2

ben00rs, first I'd like to say that's a real well-written ranting post. And again, you are free to your opinions, and all I'm doing is stating mine. You saying all these things about Parise, and what his true intentions were, I hope you can agree that this is all conjecture. Is it possible that I'm wrong and that in reality Parise is a huge two-faced douchebag that played us from day 1? Absolutely. But I don't see it and he hasn't done much to deserve this sort of reputation. You are basing your opinions by clinging to the littlest of details while ignoring what's presented in front of your face. There is a saying that the simplest explanation is usually the right one, and in my experience that's the case most of the time.

I'm not saying Parise is a "two-face douched who played us from Day 1." I"m saying he isn't a good fit in NJ, and all the stuff I say is to back that up. Opinions...yes they are. I just don't owe him anything. And what does deserve have to do with it? Like I said, we are an after thought - he is a member of the Minnesota Wild, I don't think we should be on his mind.

I've gone through many July 1sts, trade deadlines, playoff series, and other hockey events thinking that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than there really was. At the end of the day, as much as the media likes to make stories of everything and we like to believe that there are big conspiracies and everything is grandiose, the reality is that things are much simpler. We imagine July 1 probably as something out of Entourage, but in reality it's likely a bunch of GMs sitting in their plain offices and talking on the phone all day, while (most) players sit at home watching Jersey Shore reruns while getting the occasional text or phone call. It's just not nearly as exciting as we make it out in our heads, and I think the same applies to Parise.

Do you really think he had this grand plan all along? I don't think so. I think he always felt in the back of his head that as much as he likes it here, it would be nice to play at home. He heard offers from lots of teams, which anyone would be a fool not to at least consider, and then he got the offer from Minnesota. I think at this point he was really split about either coming home or staying here. And, on the evening of July 2, just like he said, he and Suter started discussing how great it would be to play together. From there, the pieces fell into place and he suddenly had the allure of both playing at home, as well as with his longtime friend.

It's just that simple. Thinking that he played us, or that he always had his mind set on leaving, or that we are just in his rear view mirror now is all conjecture and is not based on the facts laid out in front of you. I'm just as disappointed and upset as everyone on this board is, but to blatantly hate the guy because of a story made up in my head is not being fair to him, or to us for that matter. Which again is why I say, base your feelings of Parise on reality - he worked his ass off for us, he never openly did anything bad to the team, he never disrespected us. Am I going to cheer for him? Nope, but I sure as hell don't need to piss on his jersey or boo him.

No, I DEFINITELY don't think there was a grand plan. Point is he tries to seem like an old-school Devils type player when he just isn't one. Nothing was planned per say, he knew where he was going though imo, he's made that pretty clear inadvertently. He wants more than we have to offer. So, good for him and fvck him, He doesn't want to be a Devil, yes he doesn't fit and that's not his fault but he's an opposing player now and I don't need to saying anything good about him or caring about what that poor man deserves.

Also, I would never piss on any jersey. So, obviously I can't stand behind that. I also have said time and time again that Parise was always a bull on the ice for us - it's not relevant to what I'm saying.

Edit: I meant to add this to my last post but forgot: I somewhat unnecessarily attacked u in my original post to DH and for that I apologize.

Edited by ben00rs

No, I DEFINITELY don't think there was a grand plan. Point is he tries to seem like an old-school Devils type player when he just isn't one. Nothing was planned per say, he knew where he was going though imo, he's made that pretty clear inadvertently. He wants more than we have to offer. So, good for him and fvck him, He doesn't want to be a Devil, yes he doesn't fit and that's not his fault but he's an opposing player now and I don't need to saying anything good about him or caring about what that poor man deserves.

You have been saying quite a bit. I don't understand the not being an "old-school Devils type of player." Can you expplain that exactly?

Edited by devilsrule33

You have been saying quite a bit. I don't understand the not being an "old-school Devils type of player." Can you expplain that exactly?

I did in the "Kovy Lead" thread but basically:

He's a kid. I get the feeling from him that playing solid hockey in a solid system his whole career and being part of an organization that stands for discipline and respect is not enough for him. He doesn't want to play in New Jersey. He doesn't want to play in front of empty seats. He doesn't want to live in anonymity. He doesn't want to get no personal recognition. He's a great guy and a hard working player but he's also a 21st century American kid. He has pop culture socially ingrained into his mind. He understands what it means to be recognized and to be on the cover of magazines and videogames and playing in a hockey town gives him a better shot at that. Kovy doesn't have that materialism and he was attracted to this place because of that. It's not really even a knock on Parise...it just is what it is.

I did in the "Kovy Lead" thread but basically:

He's a kid. I get the feeling from him that playing solid hockey in a solid system his whole career and being part of an organization that stands for discipline and respect is not enough for him. He doesn't want to play in New Jersey. He doesn't want to play in front of empty seats. He doesn't want to live in anonymity. He doesn't want to get no personal recognition. He's a great guy and a hard working player but he's also a 21st century American kid. He has pop culture socially ingrained into his mind. He understands what it means to be recognized and to be on the cover of magazines and videogames and playing in a hockey town gives him a better shot at that. Kovy doesn't have that materialism and he was attracted to this place because of that. It's not really even a knock on Parise...it just is what it is.

We certainly disagree, and I think it's a huge stretch. I'll take Lou Lamoriello's judgement on this. He's the one that went all out for him. He's the guy who has gushed over Zach since the day the Devils drafted him. He's the one who said, "you never replace a Zach Parise." He's the one who went all out to sign him and was in contact with him 3-4 times a day. He's the guy who sounded distraught the day Parise left and compared it to the loss of Scott Niedermayer.

If Zach Parise is who you think he is, he goes to Chicago, Pittsburgh or Philly. Minnesota is a hockey market, but in terms of the entire NHL universe, Minny is in a different stratosphere. It's the lost island. Players like Gaborik and Koivu are undiscovered gems their entire careers. "Pop culture socially ingrained on his mind." These comments are baseless. And this is why I'll continue to reply to this stuff. I don't care if you want to vent, but this stuff is ridiculous. Anyone who knows Zach well says the complete opposite. He doesn't care about that stuff at all. He wanted to be close to his friends and enjoy the peace and quiet that state of Minnesota offers him. The attention is not something he has ever craved at all. Since I have heard that stuff by some of the people that know him best in the game, I'll tend to believe that over some baseless characterization. So I totally disagree with your comment about "it's just what it is..."

I think you are right about Kovalchuk, and I think him and Zach are pretty alike.

We certainly disagree, and I think it's a huge stretch. I'll take Lou Lamoriello's judgement on this. He's the one that went all out for him. He's the guy who has gushed over Zach since the day the Devils drafted him. He's the one who said, "you never replace a Zach Parise." He's the one who went all out to sign him and was in contact with him 3-4 times a day. He's the guy who sounded distraught the day Parise left and compared it to the loss of Scott Niedermayer.

To be honest, I have almost never heard Lou say anything bad about any player. As a matter of fact, he usually gushes.

If Zach Parise is who you think he is, he goes to Chicago, Pittsburgh or Philly. Minnesota is a hockey market, but in terms of the entire NHL universe, Minny is in a different stratosphere. It's the lost island. Players like Gaborik and Koivu are undiscovered gems their entire careers. "Pop culture socially ingrained on his mind." These comments are baseless. And this is why I'll continue to reply to this stuff. I don't care if you want to vent, but this stuff is ridiculous. Anyone who knows Zach well says the complete opposite. He doesn't care about that stuff at all. He wanted to be close to his friends and enjoy the peace and quiet that state of Minnesota offers him. The attention is not something he has ever craved at all. Since I have heard that stuff by some of the people that know him best in the game, I'll tend to believe that over some baseless characterization. So I totally disagree with your comment about "it's just what it is..."

I think you are right about Kovalchuk, and I think him and Zach are pretty alike.

I think he simply saw Minnesota as "more fun" than Detroit or Pittsburgh. That's why he went there. Of course, it's speculation but it's not baseless -it's what I have felt all year and it's based on what I personally got from him in interviews. But absolutely its just IMO.

and you have no proof that he wasn't full of sh!t so we can agree to disagree

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125790

and that thread shows that I'm far from the only one who is hating Parise right now

Why does Parise deserve our respect? Hell a good amount of this board has spent a lot of money on season tickets, game tickets and merchandise with his name on it during his tenure here. We owe him nothing.

And he owes you nothing.

There will be no hissy fits. They will be adult boos. You should be happy about that. :whistling: And it will be to show HIM that he failed me, not the world. HE will hear my boos and my heckling and hopefully I'll get in his head and cause him to screw up something and help out OUR JERSEY TEAM in the process.

I don't want to speak for Amberite, but I'm pretty sure he's referring to the meltdown this board has experienced over the last four days, not about any plans to boo the guy on 11/11. Hell, that much I would expect. The firebreathing that's been going on here, though, is juuuuuust a bit over the top.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Some people just need more time to vent and they could have been more emotionally attached to him. It happens and eventually everything will calm down.

Thank you Devs, Just Venting. And yes it will calm down we are Devils fans we have seen worse but for now this sucks!

I don't hate Parise but I don't think that's what he was trying to say at first. To me it was, "Parise plays the part of the loyal soldier real well...he reads the script but in the end, isn't one. He didn't do this correctly. He was talking with Suter during the playoffs, but then he acts all "I don't want to discuss contract stuff at all," to the media during the playoffs like he is some dedicated Devil. Along with ditching the captaincy he never wore it with pride. And as soon as he jumped to Minnesota to be with his lover, he thought, "Wow I'm such a good guy, first I'll massage NJ by telling them what a great organization I think they are. Then I'll whack them off by feeding them the bullsh!t that if I hadn't flown to Minny I would have signed with the Devils and finally I'll give them a full suck off by continually repeating the line that this decision was made in the early hours of the day it was announced." Aw gee Zach, ya sure are swell (and you also don't know sh!t about PR talking to fans condescendingly) - but I guess it worked with some people here.

Of course he made sure to let everyone no how "If you ask anyone that knows me they'll tell you I don't want any of the attention," and "it's not about the money." Give me a break with that sh!t. I'm not saying its wrong to make a lot of money, but he wants to pretend he's a great guy for only taking 98 million dollars and for sticking up for his poor buddy and getting him 98 million dollars too, further screwing the Wild for years to come. I love this country but sometimes people are just so out of touch.

You may have not been around Amberite but for days we have been arguing the HOW and they respond with the WHY. According to some posters we owe Zach Parise something and he doesn't owe us anything and they "know" that because they have a greater understanding of the game and business and we're just emotional and that's not ok. They're too smart for that.

But whatever, I'm only continuing the Parise speak because everyone else is. That and some people can't accept that he CHOSE to not be a Devil anymore and isn't one. It can all be summed up in a combination of what I said in my thread and what a poster said earlier today - Parise left and abandoned the "C" because he doesn't fit here. Kovy remains because he is everything Jersey is about = shut your mouth, lead, acquire CUP. Parise honestly isn't part of my concern anymore. Throw that "C" on the man who we actually all unanimously criticized, while Parise dodged the blame, and he took it in stride and rose.

So go on, keep finding reasons to defend this guy. It's a waste of breath. To him NJ is an after-thought and he's spending his day with Ryan Suter swapping cute lines back and forth about how good each looks in their Wild jersey. fvck him. He doesn't want to be here, then I don't even care what happened, I'll say whatever the fvck I want about that opposing player and no fellow Devils fan should be trying to stop me.

This is pretty much the most I've agreed with another post on this board, ever. Its like you somehow entered my brain.

Holy sh!t this is getting out of hand. You "fans" need to relax and realize Parise is a living breathing human being, not a puppet put on this earth to provide you with entertainment and a reason to root for this team. Did he go to one of our rivals? Did he sell out for money? Did he not try hard this year? Did he disrespect Lou or the Devils in any way? No, he did none of these things. He chose to go home and be among his family and friends (yes, including Suter who made it clear he wouldn't come to the east coast). This is something that every person on this earth is entitled to do, and noone can fault him for that. Stop acting like a bunch of spoiled kids who had their lollipop taken away from them and try to look at this situation as an adult.

Actually it seems to me that Zach was Arnott's muppet in this thing

"I really liked playing out [in New Jersey]. We had a good team. I liked my teammates and I like the area that we live in," Parise said Sunday. "I guess as this process went on, as the season went on, I started warming up a little bit to the idea of coming back here to play.

"When July 1st came and we had the opportunity, I got a lot of information from my agents and found out how great of a place [Minnesota] would be to play, and I guess talking with Ryan, we both decided it would be a great fit for both of us.

"I shouldn't say that [originally] I didn't want to come here. I just really liked where I was at. I really liked playing out there. It wasn't that I didn't want to come, it's just where I was I was comfortable and I liked it."

Parise said he and Suter had been texting each other throughout the season to see what the other was thinking.

"Obviously we both were focused, he was with Nashville and I was focused on what we were doing with New Jersey and going to the Cup Finals," Parise said. "After the finals, you find out that you have about two weeks to start making some decisions, but we kept in contact and we thought this would be a good spot."

I guess those quotes sums it up pretty much... we'll never know EXACTLY what happened... but from what we gathered, as devils fans I think it's unfair to Zach to blame him 100% here. At some point Zach was really clear about wanting to start negotiations and get something done cause he wanted to be a Devils... yet Lou absolutely wanted to wait til last minute (based on what he heard from reports out of Zach and Lou themselves, Lou wanted to wait cause its a distractionnnnnn)

So Lou let Zach get in a situation where he can think more and more about the opportunity to play somewhere else with his friend and home. Of course to me he's an ass for leaving the team who gave him everything but again... he was put in a situation where he could choose so)

it's like you're dating that girl and you keep on reporting to later and ignore the "are we officially together?" discussion... well if there's other guys after her and that she dump you for one of them can you REALLY blame her ? well it's somewhat the same thing here, it's not when she's really considering other guys officially and that you could lose her that its time to have "that talk" and make promises and prove her that you really want to be with her.

This is pretty much the most I've agreed with another post on this board, ever. Its like you somehow entered my brain.

Hope you got yer shots!