what i think

pumpkin cutter

I'm sorry we can't all be as good of Devils "fans" as you are graywanker.gif

Yep, because the things I've seen written about Parise on this board, including this thread, screams to me of the type of fans that we all hate in Philly, or that will bail on this team as soon as things get rough. This thread in particular belongs straight on a Philly message board. I'd like to think Devils fans are better than this, but maybe I'm just living in a dream world.

As an adult, I am not happy Zach left. I understand why he went to minnie, but I am not happy with it. I will boo him, as an adult, and I will heckle him, also as an adult. I will say things children should not say, and I will celebrate, as an adult, his future failures, until he returns to the Devils in 6 years with his tail between his legs, looking to join a Cup winning team and truly complete his lifelong dream.

kay?

So you realize that he had completely legitimate reasons and you realize that what you're saying is not right, and you'll still do these things? He gave us all he had during the years he was here. Show the guy some respect, or do you not afford that to anyone in your normal adult life?

And by the way, I'm EXTREMELY unhappy Zach left, but I am thankful for all he gave us, and I respect his decision. Nothing is perfect and everything can always be handled better, but to boo him just because you want to throw a hissy fit and show the world you're pissed off is ridiculous.

Edited by Amberite

Yep, because the things I've seen written about Parise on this board, including this thread, screams to me of the type of fans that we all hate in Philly, or that will bail on this team as soon as things get rough. This thread in particular belongs straight on a Philly message board.

So you realize that he had completely legitimate reasons and you realize that what you're saying is not right, and you'll still do these things? He gave us all he had during the years he was here - and I doubt you'd disagree with that. So show the guy some respect, or do you not do that either in your normal adult life?

Most people hate the Flyers fans cause they come to our arena looking to start fist fights. We dealt with that sh!t season last season and everyone that was posting on here is still here.

Why does Parise deserve our respect? Hell a good amount of this board has spent a lot of money on season tickets, game tickets and merchandise with his name on it during his tenure here. We owe him nothing.

So you realize that he had completely legitimate reasons and you realize that what you're saying is not right, and you'll still do these things? He gave us all he had during the years he was here. Show the guy some respect, or do you not afford that to anyone in your normal adult life?

Yup, I see why.

Nope, I realize what I am saying IS right.

I respect DEVILS, not minnie wilds (not when they play the Devils anyway) giggle.gif

And by the way, I'm EXTREMELY unhappy Zach left, but I am thankful for all he gave us, and I respect his decision. Nothing is perfect and everything can always be handled better, but to boo him just because you want to throw a hissy fit and show the world you're pissed off is ridiculous.

There will be no hissy fits. They will be adult boos. You should be happy about that. whistling.gif And it will be to show HIM that he failed me, not the world. HE will hear my boos and my heckling and hopefully I'll get in his head and cause him to screw up something and help out OUR JERSEY TEAM in the process.

Holy sh!t people, you do know fan is short for FANATIC don't you!??!!??

Edited by Masked Fan

Most people hate the Flyers fans cause they come to our arena looking to start fist fights. We dealt with that sh!t season last season and everyone that was posting on here is still here.

Why does Parise deserve our respect? Hell a good amount of this board has spent a lot of money on season tickets, game tickets and merchandise with his name on it during his tenure here. We owe him nothing.

No, most people hate Flyers fans because they are a bunch of low class, white trash trolls. What's going on in this thread is exactly reminiscent of that.

You think I don't have a Parise jersey? One that my girlfriend got me for my birthday and spent $400 on? You think he wasn't my favorite player on this team? Why does all that give me a reason to hate on him just because he wants to be with family? He's done nothing that any one of us wouldn't likely do in his situation. He deserves our respect because while he was here he was pretty close to the spitting image of a perfect player, both on and off the ice. So respect what the guy gave us while he was here and while you don't have to like that he's gone, at least give him the courtesy to not piss on his fvcking jersey or boo him when he steps in our building.

... Why does all that give me a reason to hate on him just because he wants to be with family? ...

... or boo him when he steps in our building.

BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR THE OTHER TEAM NOW. kay?

There will be no hissy fits. They will be adult boos. You should be happy about that. whistling.gif And it will be to show HIM that he failed me, not the world. HE will hear my boos and my heckling and hopefully I'll get in his head and cause him to screw up something and help out OUR JERSEY TEAM in the process.

Holy sh!t people, you do know fan is short for FANATIC don't you!??!!??

Yea, I'm a fanatic all right. I'll boo Gomez for as long as he isn't a Devil. But you need to realize the difference between what Gomez did and what Parise did. Because they are WORLDS apart and this is what I'm trying to get across here.

lol, ok I didn't realize its impossible to respect other teams or other players. What was I thinking.

No, most people hate Flyers fans because they are a bunch of low class, white trash trolls. What's going on in this thread is exactly reminiscent of that.

You think I don't have a Parise jersey? One that my girlfriend got me for my birthday and spent $400 on? You think he wasn't my favorite player on this team? Why does all that give me a reason to hate on him just because he wants to be with family? He's done nothing that any one of us wouldn't likely do in his situation. He deserves our respect because while he was here he was pretty close to the spitting image of a perfect player, both on and off the ice. So respect what the guy gave us while he was here and while you don't have to like that he's gone, at least give him the courtesy to not piss on his fvcking jersey or boo him when he steps in our building.

because he didn't just want to be with his family! If Detroit would have given him the right amount of money as him and his best friend then they both would have signed there!

He's not a Devil anymore so I will boo him all I want because everything he did in his tenure here doesn't really warrant a standing ovation, especially with the nonsense about how he left.

because he didn't just want to be with his family! If Detroit would have given him the right amount of money as him and his best friend then they both would have signed there!

Wow, really? You must have been camping out in Arnott's office along with Parise. I wish you would have given us this inside information sooner.

And for the record, if you're gonna make up some bullsh!t like that, at least make it plausible. Detroit was out of the bidding fairly early, despite all reports stating that they made a big push for Parise. Also, Suter said he wants to stay in the midwest area, which Detroit is more or less part of. If Parise really wanted to play in Detroit, I don't think it would have been so hard to convince Suter to play there as well.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Philly offered more than anyone as far as i concerned. And I agree wit Amberite with pretty much everything.

Wow, really? You must have been camping out in Arnott's office along with Parise. I wish you would have given us this inside information sooner.

And for the record, if you're gonna make up some bullsh!t like that, at least make it plausible. Detroit was out of the bidding fairly early, despite all reports stating that they made a big push for Parise. Also, Suter said he wants to stay in the midwest area, which Detroit is more or less part of. If Parise really wanted to play in Detroit, I don't think it would have been so hard to convince Suter to play there as well.

The reports have been all over this forum about Detroit, amongst other websites. They wanted Suter more and weren't willing to give Parise as much money.

I don't care if you respect Parise or not but don't come in here and act all high and mighty and call out our fans. He has done plenty to warrant the hate he is receiving from our fan base.

Respect Parise all you want but that doesn't make you a better Devils fan then anyone else here.

not a dope head.. straight edge 29 yr old.. it was a bootleg jersey i wouldnt donate it.. call me immature, but i feel someone had to do it. fvck him. hes dead to me. but dont call me names cause i pissed on a bootleg jersey.

For me it's less of an issue that you pissed on the jersey and more of an issue that I had no choice but to see you pissing just because I wanted to see what you "think." Your golden stream arching and hitting that 9 will forever be ingrained into my visual memory. All cuz I opened your thread.

they might like to argue that they have logical reasons for their Parise jingoism but truthfully this is the point that these posters continually reject.

Edited by ben00rs

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

For me it's less of an issue that you pissed on the jersey and more of an issue that I had no choice but to see you pissing just because I wanted to see what you "think." Your golden stream arching and hitting that 9 will forever be ingrained into my visual memory. All cuz I opened your thread.

they might like to argue that they have logical reasons for their Parise jingoism but truthfully this is the point that these posters continually reject.

+1

The reports have been all over this forum about Detroit, amongst other websites. They wanted Suter more and weren't willing to give Parise as much money.

Where the hell do you pull this sh!t from?

I don't care if you respect Parise or not but don't come in here and act all high and mighty and call out our fans. He has done plenty to warrant the hate he is receiving from our fan base.

Respect Parise all you want but that doesn't make you a better Devils fan then anyone else here.

I will call out anyone that I feel is acting like an idiot on this board, just like I will if I see "our fans" acting like idiots in our building. Just because you call yourself a fan doesn't excuse you from acting like a normal human being to another human being. You want to treat Parise like a piece of sh!t? I can't stop you, but I sure as hell will call you out for it. And you can't stop me from doing that.

Where the hell do you pull this sh!t from?

Sutter actually didn't even take a paycut...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399877

Unrestricted free agent defenceman Ryan Suter has reportedly been offered a 13-year, $90 million contract by the Detroit Red Wings.

A report in the Detroit Free Press says that Suter was offered $80 million by the Red Wings on Sunday, and the team has since increased its offer to the 27-year-old blueliner.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399913

The Detroit Red Wings were among the teams to take a run at both players, and were most interested in Suter as a player who could fill in after captain Nicklas Lidstrom retired.

I will call out anyone that I feel is acting like an idiot on this board, just like I will if I see "our fans" acting like idiots in our building. Just because you call yourself a fan doesn't excuse you from acting like a normal human being to another human being. You want to treat Parise like a piece of sh!t? I can't stop you, but I sure as hell will call you out for it. And you can't stop me from doing that.

So booing Parise in your eyes would be treating him like sh!t? Normal human beings don't get paid 98 million dollars to play a hockey game. We pay for tickets to attend these games and it doesn't make us "bad fans" to boo our former captain who chose to go play with his best friend forever instead of having a chance to win here, especially after the run to the finals we had this year.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Sutter actually didn't even take a paycut...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399877

Unrestricted free agent defenceman Ryan Suter has reportedly been offered a 13-year, $90 million contract by the Detroit Red Wings.

A report in the Detroit Free Press says that Suter was offered $80 million by the Red Wings on Sunday, and the team has since increased its offer to the 27-year-old blueliner.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399913

The Detroit Red Wings were among the teams to take a run at both players, and were most interested in Suter as a player who could fill in after captain Nicklas Lidstrom retired.

I wasn't referring to their interest in Suter. It was well known how much interest they had in him. The bullsh!t I was referring to was you stating that they weren't willing to offer Parise as much money. There is not a single report stating that, and in fact by all accounts prior to July 1, it seemed Detroit was the one that was making the biggest push for him, other than NJ.

I wasn't referring to their interest in Suter. It was well known how much interest they had in him. The bullsh!t I was referring to was you stating that they weren't willing to offer Parise as much money. There is not a single report stating that, and in fact by all accounts prior to July 1, it seemed Detroit was the one that was making the biggest push for him, other than NJ.

Neither of them took a paycut to go "back home" to Minnesota.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/wings-search-goes-080457404.html

"Parise and Sutter, we didn't offer $200-million for the two of them, but the money we had on the table was significant. It was competitive."

Neither of them took a paycut to go "back home" to Minnesota.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/wings-search-goes-080457404.html

"Parise and Sutter, we didn't offer $200-million for the two of them, but the money we had on the table was significant. It was competitive."

But again, how does this corroborate what you said that Detroit wasn't willing to offer Parise the same money as Suter? Also, this line pretty much substantiates what has been said all along, that it WAS about family: "We made good offers to Ryan and Zack," Holland said. "They wanted to go home. You can't compete with family."

Edited by Amberite