what i think

pumpkin cutter

oh boy. Is this the worst thread ever or the best? I can hardly decide.

I agree wholeheartedly ... and I normally don't use the word, "wholeheartedly" unless it's absolutely essential. Just saying ...

I don't hate Parise but I don't think that's what he was trying to say at first. To me it was, "Parise plays the part of the loyal soldier real well...he reads the script but in the end, isn't one. He didn't do this correctly. He was talking with Suter during the playoffs, but then he acts all "I don't want to discuss contract stuff at all," to the media during the playoffs like he is some dedicated Devil. Along with ditching the captaincy he never wore it with pride. And as soon as he jumped to Minnesota to be with his lover, he thought, "Wow I'm such a good guy, first I'll massage NJ by telling them what a great organization I think they are. Then I'll whack them off by feeding them the bullsh!t that if I hadn't flown to Minny I would have signed with the Devils and finally I'll give them a full suck off by continually repeating the line that this decision was made in the early hours of the day it was announced." Aw gee Zach, ya sure are swell (and you also don't know sh!t about PR talking to fans condescendingly) - but I guess it worked with some people here.

Of course he made sure to let everyone no how "If you ask anyone that knows me they'll tell you I don't want any of the attention," and "it's not about the money." Give me a break with that sh!t. I'm not saying its wrong to make a lot of money, but he wants to pretend he's a great guy for only taking 98 million dollars and for sticking up for his poor buddy and getting him 98 million dollars too, further screwing the Wild for years to come. I love this country but sometimes people are just so out of touch.

You may have not been around Amberite but for days we have been arguing the HOW and they respond with the WHY. According to some posters we owe Zach Parise something and he doesn't owe us anything and they "know" that because they have a greater understanding of the game and business and we're just emotional and that's not ok. They're too smart for that.

But whatever, I'm only continuing the Parise speak because everyone else is. That and some people can't accept that he CHOSE to not be a Devil anymore and isn't one. It can all be summed up in a combination of what I said in my thread and what a poster said earlier today - Parise left and abandoned the "C" because he doesn't fit here. Kovy remains because he is everything Jersey is about = shut your mouth, lead, acquire CUP. Parise honestly isn't part of my concern anymore. Throw that "C" on the man who we actually all unanimously criticized, while Parise dodged the blame, and he took it in stride and rose.

So go on, keep finding reasons to defend this guy. It's a waste of breath. To him NJ is an after-thought and he's spending his day with Ryan Suter swapping cute lines back and forth about how good each looks in their Wild jersey. fvck him. He doesn't want to be here, then I don't even care what happened, I'll say whatever the fvck I want about that opposing player and no fellow Devils fan should be trying to stop me.

In Minnesota, they're basically awarding hero status to Parise because he ONLY took $98 million and could have had a slightly larger contract if he'd really played hardball. But because Parise is so "classy" he turned down extra money to get Suter an identical contract. It was also revealed that Zach didn't want the stigma of a $100 million contract. So again, this class act decided that a $98 million contract would prove, once and for all, that he wasn't just about the money. Wow, if I didn't know better, I would think Zach just might be up for a Nobel Peace prize in 2013 ... he's just that great of a guy. And, did I mention, classy.

This really PISSED me off....

I mean really, let's not get all pissy and make this into a pissing contest. Let's all calm down, go out for a few drinks and get really pissed!

'Nuff said.

Zach planning this during the playoffs while he was captian of the team pissed me off. Who know s how true that is but he kinda made it sound that way. that bothers me. Him leaving doesnt. first reason, he had that knee injury, old football saying says if you injure your knee once , your done. wouldnt want him for 13 years, with the way he plays, he could be old news in a few years. Kovulchuk i can deal with for a long contract. i didnt want it but hes a different player. hes not in front of the net getting wailed on, he just has a slap shot . worse case Kovulchuk is like Rolston in the future. I'm one of those oddballs that liked rolston. he had a presence on the power play where you had to watch him. I also knew, long ago, and i mentioned it in a post long ago (i have like 90 on here , yay) taht parise wouldnt be back. You could tell in his post game interviews. It was odd watching him talk. He wasnt talking about himself trying to build himself up like a free agent would want to do, nor was he talking about the team like he belonged there. It was like a senior high schooler talking about school stuff. its hard to explain, but the whole thing just reeked of him leaving. didnt want to believe it but i knew it was going to happen. If i was him i would too. who wouldnt want to play in their home state that loves hockey, packed stadium (which attendance i believe is #1 in american , but behind all the Canada teams,) with a freind, in a differnet conference where you wouldnt get boo'd. we just all have a different persepective of the situation. I wouldnt pee on a jersey of his (video was deleted when i got here) but i debate booing him. I think silence is harsher.

booing him is like being a desperate guy that just got dumped. Dont give him that satisfaction. Upon thinking about it, silence isnt good either cause when i do get ot go to a game, its quiet to begin with. Maybe something in between hate and respect. the best examples in real life i could thing ofis wishing them dead and turning the cheek. Perhaps laughing. I dont know, make some laugh chant. im just brain storming but putting a video of someone peeing on his jersey makes us, devil fans, look as dumb as that video someone posted on here during the playoffs of the Flyer fan kid buring a devils jersey. If you have to pee on soemthing , pee on a picture of parise's face, but dont include the Devils glorious logo in it.

.... Perhaps laughing. I dont know, make some laugh chant...

Hmmm. interesting proposal.

"NOOOOO Chance"

"Noooooo Cup"

Trying to come up with a pun, but I'm brain blocked right now.

zach throws out first pitch

said he was a catcher

Guess that makes Suter the pitcher. urg.gif

He added that Gardenhire made good on his promise to give Parise $5 if he signed with the Wild.

AHA! We got our TAMPERING case as good as won now!!!

lockdsmiley.gif