Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thefiestygoat

Sharks Hire Larry Robinson

90 posts in this topic

Dave Stubbs (Montreal Gazette)

Hall of Famer Larry Robinson has just been hired as associate coach of the San Jose Sharks. Two years, one-year option #Habs

— Dave Stubbs (@Dave_Stubbs)

July 8, 2012

"Hall of Famer Larry Robinson has just been hired as associate coach of the San Jose Sharks. Two years, one-year option ‪"

Larry Robinson will be formally introduced Monday in San Jose as associate coach of the Sharks

— Dave Stubbs (@Dave_Stubbs)

July 8, 2012

"Larry Robinson will be formally introduced Monday in San Jose as associate coach of the Sharks"

I didn't see this coming. This really sucks with all the young defensive prospects the Devils have in the system.

What?! Why?! HOW?!

Now, Lou needs to pull a miracle out of his a$$ to get some assistant coaches, while trying to get some players to help the team in the ice.

sh!t

Well, damn. We finally get a great coaching team going, and they leave US? This is like payback for all the coaches Lou has fired over the years.

Edited by Amberite

IMO those guys are not the make or break i.e. last year to this. I'm glad DeBoer can have some imput now.

this is very strange and not something i was expecting. don't know what to make of it.

it's going to be very interesting to see what lou and deboer's moves are for asst coaches going forward. perhaps it will just be albelin and barr?

I think this has more to do with Larry wanting to not travel anymore and to settle down where its warm all year long. He's getting up there in age and we all know about his past issues with his health due to stress.

Perhaps if Larry was going to keep coaching his wife wanted to be somewhere on the left coast? This does seem a little strange. Retirement rumours turn to San Jose. I doubt this will be that big of a deal, but I do think he's an excellent assistant coach and teacher/mentor for young defensemen.

Edited by devilsrule33

I wonder who will replace Robinson...Stevens? Albelin? A junior buddy of DeBoer?

Got a job and this just killed my whole summer...

I wonder who will replace Robinson...Stevens? Albelin? A junior buddy of DeBoer?

Do you think Dave Barr will be on the bench this year?

I doubt Larry travels at all with the sharks next year. I bet you he ends up being a practice and film room guy for them or something.

I doubt Larry travels at all with the sharks next year. I bet you he ends up being a practice and film room guy for them or something.

Exactly. Doug Wilson and Larry are both Ottawa area boys, and Doug is probably accommodating Larry with this position.

Do you think Dave Barr will be on the bench this year?

I don't know what other coaching positions are out there off the top of my head but I'd be surprised if Barr left. Losing him too would be another big blow.

Oh come on, now Larry's gone.

This on its own isn't that big of a deal, but boy has this been a disappointing offseason so far.

What would everyone think of Ron Wilson as assist. coach

Why would he take an assistant coaching job?

He has family in SJ apparently. So at least that makes more sense.

TG:

Stubbs reported that Robinson also spoke with Tampa Bay general manager Steve Yzerman about a job, but is long-time friends with Sharks GM Doug Wilson.

Is there any vacant coaching spots left in the NHL? Besides it is not uncommon for head coaches to take assistant coaching jobs...

Is there any vacant coaching spots left in the NHL? Besides it is not uncommon for head coaches to take assistant coaching jobs...

How many head coaches with 600+ wins take assistant jobs?