this sucks

TomsRiverDevil

Are they all running from Vanderbeek's financial mess? I think so.

Yeah, I'm sure Adam Oates would otherwise turn down a head coaching job. And the Devils were really strung out cash-wise that they can't afford to pay Larry Robinson less than a league minimum goon. In fact, I heard that they aren't going to hire any assistant coaches.

Please come back when you have a clue what you're talking about.

I don't care a damn about Oates. The only thing I'll miss about him is those awesome mob suits he wore every game.

The next assistant that runs the PP and we do not score a goal EVERY damn time, Im sure you'll hate him as well.

I didn't hate Oates, I'm indifferent about him, that's why I don't care :P

Yeah, I didn't think he did anything that was particularly innovative. He ran the standard umbrella powerplay with the aim of getting a Kovy bombs-away from the left circle. Who knows, maybe he'll turn out to be a good head coach. But I don't think he'll be missed all that much.

I'm more upset about Robinson. He's good with the young defensemen. Hopefully he had enough time with Larsson.

Maybe finally one of the army of "special assignment coaches" that the devils have will be promoted. Would love to see either Stevens, Barr, albelin or haviland in there.

Cmon now... we all know Lou better than that... we all know those guys you just named! lol of course we'll have to use google to figure out who our next assistants coaches will be

Yeah, I'm sure Adam Oates would otherwise turn down a head coaching job. And the Devils were really strung out cash-wise that they can't afford to pay Larry Robinson less than a league minimum goon. In fact, I heard that they aren't going to hire any assistant coaches.

Please come back when you have a clue what you're talking about.

That was an awfully spicy response

You know, if Larry would have just retired to spend more time with his grandkids, I could deal with that. I still wouldn't be happy about it, but at least I'd understand. But to leave the Devils to go and coach with the Sharks, that hurts a little bit more - especially on the heels of the Parise deal. I'm not sure what to make of it, but man, Devils fans are really riding through a rough patch right now.