Shane Doan

ghdi

It's long been rumored that Doan was going to wait until 7/9 before accepting offers. Now, he's accepting offers. Vancouver is in the mix according to The Score, as well as the Red Wings. Lavoie just confirmed that the Canadiens have interest and its rumored the Rags and Pens are going to be in on him, as well as the Kings.

This "sweeps" seems a lot more open than Semin.

Id be absolutely fine with the Devils getting involved, but I doubt he'd come here.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lou's not going to make moves on guys like Semin or Doan. He's more likely to make a "depth" move like Matt Bradley or tom Kostopoulos.

And its not entirely his fault if thats all he can do. These guys may not want to come here.

I'm sorry but how is a perennial playoff team and the defending eastern conference champions one of the least desirable teams in the league to play for?

#1 We are not a team that caters to guys who like the limelight. Pro athletes like the limelight.

#2 Preconceived notions. Case in point: Pronger and Melrose and their Newark comments. The defensive first mentality also.

#3 We're the second wheel in this market. Hell, we're like the 10th wheel if you count all of the other sports teams around here. Jets/Giants, Knicks, Yankees/Mets, Rags. This adds in with #1.

#4 We have a very strict way of doing things. Lou has rules that other teams dont have. Facial hair, Twitter accounts, etc. This matters to some guys.

#5 New Jersey has a high tax rate. 8.97 income tax on income over 500K.

#1 We are not a team that caters to guys who like the limelight. Pro athletes like the limelight.

Shane Doan? From Phoenix?

#2 Preconceived notions. Case in point: Pronger and Melrose and their Newark comments.

Melrose is an a$hole. And Pronger is a Flyer...and an a$hole.

The defensive first mentality also.

That's also the reason we get players sometimes.

#3 We're the second wheel in this market. Hell, we're like the 10th wheel if you count all of the other sports teams around here. Jets/Giants, Knicks, Yankees/Mets, Rags. This adds in with #1.

See #1.

#4 We have a very strict way of doing things. Lou has rules that other teams dont have. Facial hair, Twitter accounts, etc. This matters to some guys.

See #1.

#5 New Jersey has a high tax rate. 8.97 income tax on income over 500K.

Fair point.

Probably because primadonnas dont get their way or money they want here, team only, no individuals who want to play with their brothers or boyfriends.

boom.

Edited by ben00rs

Shane Doan? From Phoenix?

I dont think Doan isnt coming here not because of any of these points. If he does come east, he will be overpaid. I think Doan turns us down because he wants to stay west to be closer to his family.

Melrose is an a$hole. And Pronger is a Flyer...and an a$hole.

And neither of them are the only ones to ever say anything about New Jersey. They are just the notable and recent. Those two also said it out loud.

My response was to a question that was regarding a comment not specifically made about Doan alone.

Edited by ghdi

I dont think Doan isnt coming here not because of any of these points. If he does come east, he will be overpaid.

And neither of them are the only ones to ever say anything about New Jersey. They are just the notable and recent. Those two also said it out loud.

My response was to a question that was regarding a comment not specifically made about Doan alone.

It's also this guy's fault:

wayne-gretzky.jpg

I still think Doan is a better fit for the Devils than another year of Petr Sykora or even taking a chance on Kristian Huselius... but I don't see him signing for anything less than 2 years and too much money. If his demands are actually reasonable and he believes the Devils could compete this year, I'd welcome him.

There's no way the Devils' offer would be as competitive as, say, Detroit's or Pittsburgh's, though. And in Pitt he really could be the next Ray Bourque, walking onto a team loaded with talent as-is.

I still think Doan is a better fit for the Devils than another year of Petr Sykora or even taking a chance on Kristian Huselius... but I don't see him signing for anything less than 2 years and too much money. If his demands are actually reasonable and he believes the Devils could compete this year, I'd welcome him.

There's no way the Devils' offer would be as competitive as, say, Detroit's or Pittsburgh's, though. And in Pitt he really could be the next Ray Bourque, walking onto a team loaded with talent as-is.

Great! Throw in Andreas Lilja and you've got all three Swedes accused of raping a chick.