Shane Doan

ghdi

Word is Doan's agent has made inquiries with the Red Wings. I'm pretty confident he'll end up there.

If he doesn't sign in PHO, this is def the place I'd put my money on. It's the perfect destination for a career western conferencer who wants a Cup.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His agent is ridiculous trying to crank the price With all those reports about "mutual interest" with teams and doan...

I swear to god ive seen and read reports coming from his agent or teams saying that they were interested in doan and that he was also interested... Ridiculous.

Red wings, sharks, habs, pens, avs, cannucks, hawks... They all have interest and doan have interest in them... What a whore

His agent is ridiculous trying to crank the price With all those reports about "mutual interest" with teams and doan...

I swear to god ive seen and read reports coming from his agent or teams saying that they were interested in doan and that he was also interested... Ridiculous.

Red wings, sharks, habs, pens, avs, cannucks, hawks... They all have interest and doan have interest in them... What a whore

He has to create a market for Doan just like Marty's agent needed to do in order to pry the 2nd year out of the Devils. What I don't understand is, if he is that married to his current team, then why doesn't he sign a 1 year deal to stay in Phoenix as they are not moving prior to the 2012-13 season no matter what happens with the potential new owner. It's probably not in his best interest $$ wise, but sometime players take less money to play somewhere they really want to with their new BFF in tow as we all have come to find out recently. :whistling:

We have leaders in our locker room already, but I wouldn't mind him being a stop gap measure for a year or 2 in our top 6, but I highly doubt he comes here. As much as I'd like Tedenby to step up and grab a top 6 spot, I just think he's too small, has a poor shot, and is not physical enough to play the role he needs to on this team.

He has to create a market for Doan just like Marty's agent needed to do in order to pry the 2nd year out of the Devils. What I don't understand is, if he is that married to his current team, then why doesn't he sign a 1 year deal to stay in Phoenix as they are not moving prior to the 2012-13 season no matter what happens with the potential new owner.

Because his last season might be the best season of the rest of his career. It's very likely he could get lower offers as he enters his late 30's.

Because his last season might be the best season of the rest of his career. It's very likely he could get lower offers as he enters his late 30's.

Exactly. If he signed a 1 yr deal and put up sh!t numbers, he would be toast for the next contract. Too much to risk for him at this age to sign a 1 year deal.

Shane Doan, is no longer accepting offers...for now.

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Shane Doan is willing to give the Phoenix Coyotes until next Monday before he starts considering other options available to him in free agency.

Doan originally set a July 9 deadline to get a new multi-year contract done with the Coyotes. His initial deadline coincided with when he was hoping to get more clarity on Greg Jamison's bid to purchase the Coyotes.

However, the deadline came and went without any more clarity on the ownership situation. Doan, though, isn't ready to give up on the Coyotes, so, according to Fox Sports Arizona, the longtime Phoenix captain has set a new deadline for July 16.

Edited by ben00rs

if thats true its absolutely insane lol

Imagine if it's us? Lmao. (Which it most likely isn't.)

EDIT:

Hockey Buzz Єklund (2.3% accurate) ‏@Єklund (2.3% accurate)

The Flyers are Confirmed NOT the alleged eastern Team who made a 4 year/ $30M offer to Shane Doan.

So based on the way Єklund (2.3% accurate) worked where he says the opposite of what is true...he's going to the Flyers! :lol:

Edited by TheMazz

Doan is a solid veteran but 7.5M for 4 years is ridiculous. Oh, and he is 35 already. I hope Shero is that genius.

I don't know...this looks like something either Sather or Snow would do. Yet, Lou did sign Rolston to that horrid contract. So I wouldn't be that shocked.

If it is us I rather Lou have had offered this contract to Semin.

Edited by TheMazz

Put down the crack pipes people, it's not the Devils :lol: I could make a case for at least half the teams in the East doing this. Pittsburgh and Philly were ready to throw insane money at Zach, so was Carolina for that matter and they think they're Cup contenders with Staal lmao. Winnipeg and Ottawa are under the floor. Pegula in Buffalo's shown he's willing to spend money and they need vet leadership. The Isles are crazy to begin with.

IMO no way the Flyers would offer that contract.

I wouldn't put anything past Holmgren, they need vet leadership and he is obsessed with remaking his roster every year. If they were ready to give Zach $100 million plus (and Suter big money too) I don't think $30 for Doan would be that outrageous a leap.

Put down the crack pipes people, it's not the Devils :lol: I could make a case for at least half the teams in the East doing this. Pittsburgh and Philly were ready to throw insane money at Zach, so was Carolina for that matter and they think they're Cup contenders with Staal lmao. Winnipeg and Ottawa are under the floor. Pegula in Buffalo's shown he's willing to spend money and they need vet leadership. The Isles are crazy to begin with.

I wouldn't put anything past Holmgren, they need vet leadership and he is obsessed with remaking his roster every year. If they were ready to give Zach $100 million plus (and Suter big money too) I don't think $30 for Doan would be that outrageous a leap.

You really think he would hit himself with a 7.5M 35+ contract?