NSFW: Cam Janssen interview

Mayday

Man the more I think about, the more I think this adversely affects his career, especially when dealing with Lou.

Hope I'm wrong, seems like a nice enough guy, but some of the stuff he said will certainly ruffle Lou's feathers

It's going to be very interesting if the knee-jerk media reaction comes. Lou definitely sees something in Cam. He supposedly was very upset when he traded him and was quick to bring him back. I wonder just how he will react, if he does at all.

But you know how this works. How many times have you kid around with a buddy and said something like "Oh please, you're such a f*g!" and not meant anything remotely homophobic by it? But certain "zero tolerance, zero thought" groups, even though they know better, act like that kind of joking around like this isn't really joking, and right away the guy who said the comment is anti-gay and uttered an anti-gay slur, and needs to undergo tolerance and sensitivity training. That's where the real joke lies.

What's sad is the sensitivity thought police are winning (or have pretty much won)...I think most level-headed people will hear what Cam said and say, "Yeah, some of what he said was pretty funny, but IN TODAY'S WORLD you really have to watch what you say." So even though most people are smart enough to know what he was going for, the much louder "let me get up in arms about everything that offends me" crowd will have the final say. And yet another guy who dared to be human and say things a lot of people say in a variety of settings when they are simply being themselves will be made an example.

It's a shame because having to be "PC" all the time means that you're not being honest all the time. You can't tell people what they need hear so that they think nothing is wrong with something that is completely wrong and effects other people.(Not talking about homosexuality obviously) The people that run these "you offended me" organizations are the 2nd worst kind of hypocrites next to big businesses that take gov't handouts.

Cam could definitely pass for a normal person on any of the week. Sure he's not going to be working an office job most likely but go on a labor job site and he would fit right in. It's obvious that he knows he's just a regular guy and he values a gift he has to be able to play in the NHL. That's why he says he hates taking a couple days off, he's got a gift and wants to make the most of it. A 15 year career with a 500k contract is still a ton of money.

I wish Cam all the best and hope he's our tough guy for a long time.

Sure he's not going to be working an office job most likely but go on a labor job site and he would fit right in.

]

He fits right in on a trading desk too... provided he has a brain too. Most of us are crude.

Well, I'm not part of "us" anymore. I work for an indexer now, but you get the point :P

Cam would fit in fine on my job, we're bustin chops all day long. You can't make any comment w/o it potentially coming back on you.

Who's to say Cam doesn't interview the exact same way when he sits in Lou office negotiating? "I'll tear apart anyone who looks sideways at our boys Lou" Lamoriello knows hockey, and he knows there is a place for the Cammys out there. Especially in our division.

one time at a bar jim dowd let my friend wear his ring. not just try it on.

Good ole Jersey Jim. That's pretty friggin suhweet!

Edited by Masked Fan

Cam would fit in fine on my job, we're bustin chops all day long. You can't make any comment w/o it potentially coming back on you.

Who's to say Cam doesn't interview the exact same way when he sits in Lou office negotiating? "I'll tear apart anyone who looks sideways at our boys Lou" Lamoriello knows hockey, and he knows there is a place for the Cammys out there. Especially in our division.

Good ole Jersey Jim. That's pretty friggin suhweet!

A place for them? There are probably more players like him than are opposite. Hockey players fvck with each other more than any other sport.

There are probably more players like him than are opposite.

Absolutely plenty of runnin mouths out there! I was referring more to the "enforcer" title.

and boom twitter is on his case now

TravisHeHateMe

Here's Cam Janssen, presented w/o commentary: "Oh, if he's sucking c---, he's getting his ass kicked."

Good riddance, Cam Janssen. Wants to catch player w/ head down and inflict serious injury. Then, a homophobic take.