Scott Stevens and Matt Shaw named assistant coaches

Mayday

I can already picture Stevens whispering in the ear of Volchenkov and telling him to go destroy this or that guy and then give him a tap on the shoulder when he comes back to the bench.

"Not bad Volchy, but you forgot to the tell the other guy that he is next"

Edited by SS-SS

I wonder if PepperKorn bought season tickets behind the Devils bench this coming season :giggle:

both of these additions seem to be very good. i think stevens would be a great mentor for larsson and any of the possible rookies who try out for the team (e.g. merrill..etc.

Is hoping for the next Rangers game where Tortorella opens his mouth again across the Devils bench and seeing Stevens react

PK must of passed out with all the great news, too think that she will be seeing Scott behind the bench every game and not a peep???

On the other hand I can't wait for the first game when Tortorella starts mouthing off, just to see that Stevens stare again= priceless!

Welcome back behind the bench to a true Captain!

Let's Go Devils!!!!!

Edited by Devs1965

My jersey is relevant again

This nearly made me fall off my chair!

By that standard if you want a relevant item buy a suit jacket with Stevens stitched onto the back of it!! :P

PK "retiring" sucks.

I know you are out there PK!!!

You are reading this!!!!! :ph34r:

I get the feeling if Stevens works out, within the next 2-4 years he's a head coach, or at least will get an offer from someone...maybe even here if DeBoer's team ever were to falter. Not like Devils coaches stick around for terribly long under Lou.

Coaching has been so puzzling for NJ. You look at the structure we have, you would think we would have a Lindy Ruff type longevity. I don't want to think about Steven's as a head coach... because I want to ride with PDB for the ups and downs, and not can him in the first losing streak.

I can't wait for Torts to start sh!t again. Stevens doesn't get into shouting matches like Mac or DeBo. He kills.

I've been thinking the same thing.. We've seen PDB vs Torts, Torts vs Lavi, Lavi vs Bylsma..

As much as you need an enforcer on the ice in the Atlantic Division, it seems like you need one on the bench even more :P

Coaching has been so puzzling for NJ. You look at the structure we have, you would think we would have a Lindy Ruff type longevity. I don't want to think about Steven's as a head coach... because I want to ride with PDB for the ups and downs, and not can him in the first losing streak.

I do think Lou has been too quick to fire coaches, but it is kind of amazing how shooting percentage dries up around here.

Does anyone else follow (or I should say "like") Martinbrodeur30.com on Facebook? The reason i ask is about a week or 2 ago (whenever it was announced that Oates was leaving) i was going through "My Wall" on Facebook and there was a status update / article posted by MartinBrodeur30.com with something to the effect of "Devils Name Scott Stevens Asst. Coach" and when I clicked the link on it to the website it was a dead link and when I clicked back on my browser that status update was gone; forever. Long story short, it's like Marty (or really whomever runs his site) knew this a couple weeks ago and posted it by mistake and i happened to catch it for a split second. Not really news or anything, just wanted to share...

PS - I like Scott Stevens.

I did see when that happened, and I thought the same thing, that maybe Marty knew about it and posted it early by accident.

Ftorek and Robinson the first time. Given that the only other true firing was Julien - Robinson stepped down, Sutter left, Burns had to step down - that's a lot.

Ftorek with his bench rage episode. That was comical to watch but now its one of those :doh1: moments from a professional standpoint. a bench!? I could see a stick or a water bottle or something loose, but to throw a bench!?