Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Prucenterrules

Semin to carolina

90 posts in this topic

No chance to do anything this season we lost a guy that put up a lot of our points and worked hard and we're replacing him with nothing.....

It's amazing that a guy like Semin was only able to get a 1 year deal done. Are GM's really that worried about his motivation/attitude?

I don't know where the Devils go from here.

Trade one or two of our defenders for one or two forwards.

I forgot the season starts tomorrow and the Devils cannot possibly make a move to improve their team.

Come on, the negativity here is crap.

Trade one or two of our defenders for one or two forwards.

We can only hope.

Great signing for Carolina. Why the Rangers wouldn't just give this deal instead of trading players for Nash I don't understand.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Well the options now are Doan or trade.

I really doubt Lou is just not going to do anything. Tedenby was a fringe NHLer last year, why put all this pressure on him? I don't understand this thinking. This might end up all for the best but still...

Krys Barch was always going to be the last move. Don't worry, Barchy's got this.

Barchy's gonna help us on the quest to Mackinnon :koolaid:

1 person likes this

I forgot the season starts tomorrow and the Devils cannot possibly make a move to improve their team.

Coming off a SCF loss, this organization should be aggresive and hungry to get back there and win a cup. Instead all we have done is re-sign old players, the 4th line, and a goon. There is still time to improve the team, but knowing lou its going to be some mediocre move where he brings back some old ex devil. With the devils finacial woes they need to sell tickets and fill up the rock. Since they have lost zach, they have done absolutely nothing to get the fans excited for this upcoming season.

Edited by njd3b1ink

Gah damnit

Wonder if the Devils offered a competitive contract.

disappointing on several levels.

i can't just assume that semin would've come to NJ for the same deal but i would have been fine handing it out.

disappointing on several levels.

i can't just assume that semin would've come to NJ for the same deal but i would have been fine handing it out.

Gah damnit

Wonder if the Devils offered a competitive contract.

did we ever find out for sure if the Devils actually offered a contract?

Agreed. We are quickly becoming the most spoiled fan base in the NHL. When they lost Gomez, everyone panicked and complained that all they did was get Zubrus to replace him. It took time but they got back to being a contender. Now, they lose Parise. Friends, give it time and have some faith.

Carolina has amazing depth at center, Staal, Staal, Skinner, Ruutu, I can see Semin having a tremendous year playing with any of them.

Edited by Zubie#8

Surprised that nobody gave Semin a 2-3 year deal at least for $5.5-6.5 million per. If he's smart, he better be super motivated and play with intensity all next season to earn the contract he thinks he deserves come July 1, 2013.

we should look at trying to get Bobby Ryan

Murray would most likely want Henrique or Larsson.

Unless Lou could convince him to do Tallinder/Greene + Josefson + a pick or two? No thanks.

Edited by TheMazz

we should look at trying to get Bobby Ryan

This would be the best fit for us to replace some of what we lost with Parise. However, he's not going to come cheap and I don't envision a deal happening.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't upset.

I don't see Tedenby replacing even half of the production Parise gave us, I can't see Clarkson netting 30 goals again, and I was getting comfortable rooting for a team that wasn't dead-last in scoring.

If Lou doesn't make a move, it will be very tough to watch this team for quite a few games next year.