2012 Fantasy Football Draft Finished!

CRASHER

Well I hate not having a younger guy with upside on the bench this year, but that's the way the draft went. Some of the trends were totally unexpected, like the run on the second-tier QB's in the fourth round or the D's flying off the board in the 10th. Or even the younger QB's going as high as they did. Obviously if you wanted a younger guy like Locker or Wilson (I knew that Luck and RGIII would be overpriced anyway), you had to reach a little since almost everyone else here wants the next Cam or the next Gronk-type in a late round.

Plus I honestly didn't think the hoarding of RB's would be as severe this year as it's been in other years since there were so many question marks on a lot of these guys but it had the opposite effect and made people even more desperate. Even the questionable guys and backups started flying off the board in Round 6. Leaving some good receivers and solid Flex picks imo stil around, hell Lance Moore's a good pick at this point. I'm just glad I got Gerhart before he was sniped on me :lol:

The 2nd tier QBs typically went 5th round (our 4th) in most leagues... Also, every mock draft review I've read, spoke about how even extremely questionable, injured, backup RBs were being horded while legit WR's were available.

The biggest reach was Vick in the 1st; which is such a volatile player... much like another Eagle, in DeSean Jackson. A lot of my draft sheets and ADP's had a couple QBs ahead of him, and certainly not in the 1st/2nd turn.

However, the turn at the 1st/2nd sucked this year. It was just filled with question marks and injuries. Manta gambled and reached for Vick at the turn instead. And then found me trying to bail out of the turn. So he gave up a 5th to move up... grab the sure-fire TE, and rolled the dice grabbing a question mark, should be stud if he's healthy, in JC... (I'll be cheering on a good Peyton Hillis split obviously)

Personally, if I could re-do my draft... I would have kept Steve Smith and grabbed Rodgers first overall... I jumped on the opportunity to have the legit top RB and a high 2nd rounder... not realizing I wanted no part of that round. I wasn't going to do the trade if MJD fell to me. But with my luck, MJD would have held out the year. Now he'll just be limited in a few games (then get injured for being out of game shape).

First pick of the fourth round here is still a fourth rounder in a normal draft. Book trends in normal drafts don't always translate over to a decidedly unique draft that takes weeks, not hours.

I wound up with the last guy in a lot of tiers...Romo was the last guy of the 2nd tier QB's and it also leveled off severely after Alex Smith too. Same with AP/Marshawn and Ridley at RB. Whether coming in at the end of tiers may or may not be a good thing, we'll see.

You couldn't have known Rodgers would be available, dr and a lot of the other keepers hadn't been set yet.

Edited by NJDevs4978

First pick of the fourth round here is still a fourth rounder in a normal draft. Book trends in normal drafts don't always translate over to a decidedly unique draft that takes weeks, not hours.

I wound up with the last guy in a lot of tiers...Romo was the last guy of the 2nd tier QB's and it also leveled off severely after Alex Smith too. Same with AP/Marshawn and Ridley at RB. Whether coming in at the end of tiers may or may not be a good thing, we'll see.

You couldn't have known Rodgers would be available, dr and a lot of the other keepers hadn't been set yet.

True, 1st 4th = normal 4th rounder... but its more like a later 4th (~8th pick). So while QB's did go a little early, it wasn't that far off. And runs happen in every draft. It use to be TE and Defenses were the late round runs where once one went, the rest followed. Now, with TE's acting a lot more like receivers... it's really just defenses that sit there with people eyeing for the first one to be taken. Tier level QBs, RBs, WRs will always be a bit randomized based off team needs at the time.

Sure Rodgers may have been kept, but I would have wound up with one of the big 3 (Rodgers, Brees, Brady)... or at worst Foster (and the ability to keep him again next year)

I can't wait for the Mario Williams ACL tear :)

and Brian takes Randy Moss WR-SF....and we fly again till gimpy slows us down :P

I already tore my quad...beat u too it....Ill see your Mario Willaims ACL Tear and raise you a Dumbo torn bicep!

I already tore my quad...beat u too it....Ill see your Mario Willaims ACL Tear and raise you a Dumbo torn bicep!

Kyle Orton >>> any Buffalo Burger Backup!!!

You are being such a baby about such a MINOR injury.....find a river to cry in....unless the earthquakes engulfed them all!!!

if MJ picks soon enough we might be able to burn through the rest of this draft :o

Well if that's the case you guys better get back to me soon enough, I don't want to be bothered with this at 9 when I'm doing another draft lmao. That's my only other league and it's pretty different from this one (16 teams, 20 players on a roster, PPR, six offensive plus five defensive starters - DL, DE, LB, CB, S, a K and 4-7 keepers).

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well if that's the case you guys better get back to me soon enough, I don't want to be bothered with this at 9 when I'm doing another draft lmao. That's my only other league and it's pretty different from this one (16 teams, 20 players on a roster, PPR, six offensive plus five defensive starters - DL, DE, LB, CB, S, a K and 4-7 keepers).

I still have your number for texting purposes :P