Parise: “Gary’s pretty adamant about his third lockout of his tenu

msweet

i went and got the most outrageous contract, not just for me but my childhood butbuddy and now i complain about how the owners are greedy and are ruining the league for players less fortunate. i get laughed at for my lack of off the ice integrity, but that's ok, i'm not a devil anymore, i don't need integrity.

What on Earth are you talking about lack of off ice integrity? Do you have anything to back this up or does he lack integrity just because he left the Devils?

I don't know why it would matter to Pari$e. He got a huge signing bonus

Gee I don't know, maybe because he wants to play hockey.

The butthurt is strong in this thread.

Seriously, what a bunch of whiny babies.

I'm pissed that zach chose money and hometown over chance at a cup. Fine. That was his decision. However, he is not speaking up for any loyalty for the average guy on the team since zach has his bazillions and will continue to get them. It took two to sign that contract: zach and the owner so any larger financial issues with the league that occur over overpayment of talent are partly his fault too.

boohoo he doesn't get to play a frickin game right away. Build a rink in your backyard and invite suter over for a sleepover. Play all you want. I don't give a crap that zach doesn't get to perform with a lifetime of financial security while the majority don't including the people that buy the tickets that pay his f'n salary.

I'm pissed that zach chose money and hometown over chance at a cup. Fine. That was his decision. However, he is not speaking up for any loyalty for the average guy on the team since zach has his bazillions and will continue to get them. It took two to sign that contract: zach and the owner so any larger financial issues with the league that occur over overpayment of talent are partly his fault too.

boohoo he doesn't get to play a frickin game right away. Build a rink in your backyard and invite suter over for a sleepover. Play all you want. I don't give a crap that zach doesn't get to perform with a lifetime of financial security while the majority don't including the people that buy the tickets that pay his f'n salary.

Devils aren't a lock to get to the Cup again...last year's run was a lot of fun, especially since two bitter rivals were knocked out along the way, but who knows if the Devils get there again? Not like there aren't any question marks with 2012-13 team as currently constructed.

The owners are the ones that get themselves into these messes...they NEVER show restraint, despite the fact that several teams have showed that running out and buying talent rarely gets you to the promised land. Zach doesn't get 13 years and $98 million unless there's an owner willing to give it to him. It's not Zach's job to say "Gee whiz, that's a lot of money, maybe I shouldn't take it." Cracks me up that there's a lockout looming, yet it seems like more long-term deals are being signed every day.

What step in the grief process are we in? Anger? Denial? Both? Zach is gone. He can have fun smoking a $20 in the cool Minnesota air. Good riddance.

All of the stages of grief are just anger for me. It just goes from REALLY ANGRY to less angry, then back to REALLY ANGRY, then sorta pissed, then back to HATRED!!

Edited by ATLL765

And just like Milton Friedman, Parise is a douchenozzle.

+1 for use of douchenozzle and making me lol.

I think Zach makes a valid point and Buttman should be replaced. I'd nominate Lou, 'cept I don't wanna lose em! koolaid.gif

I guess when he was no longer a Devil he forgot about class and how to speak the media. "Gary" is the boss of the league you are employed in and is indirectly the reason you are going to be swimming in a pool filled with money while the rest of us that work 9-5 every day have REAL stuff to worry about.

I think Zach makes a valid point and Buttman should be replaced. I'd nominate Lou, 'cept I don't wanna lose em! koolaid.gif

Um, if you figure that holdout RFAs are the GM equivalent of Lockouts for league commissioners then I'd say it's probably more likely that with Lou you'd have a lockout every single opportunity. Lou's never really been a players' GM. Just ask Bill Guerin, Brian Rolston and Scott Niedermayer.

with Lou instead of bettman the CBA negociations would be at the same point right now, lou would wait until a week before the CBA expire to start negociations.