• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

Next season will never be I guess... I really feel this is a way to kill off quite a bit of the fan base.

I dont want a penny of my money to goto the "NHL" but to the Devils is ok... Hmmm I do not see how that is possible however.

Edited by Dead

Next season will never be I guess... I really feel this is a way to kill off quite a bit of the fan base.

I dont want a penny of my money to goto the "NHL" but to the Devils is ok... Hmmm I do not see how that is possible however.

Easy ones are to not watch anything on NHL Network, don't watch the winter classic or any national games, and don't subscribe to center ice or GameCenter

Just remember, it's really more on the fans of teams like Boston to do the major boycotting.. Their owner is leading the BS from that side.. We wouldn't be halfway to where we are if he could have had more of a say..

When the rich teams with huge fan bases feel the effects, then some change will come about

Easy ones are to not watch anything on NHL Network, don't watch the winter classic or any national games, and don't subscribe to center ice or GameCenter

I have NHL network, and center ice through my cable provider, but the cost is zero dollars.

I don't think most fans side with the players at all, I think most are just anti-Bettman more than anything else - and with good reason since he's the lockout commissioner (though I don't think hockey fans who are baseball fans have any great love for Fehr either). Most of HF is as pro-owner as this place is pro-player ironically, so it's hardly unanimous. I fall in the camp of 'a pox on both their houses' and I think a lot of people do too.

Besides, until recently - two and a half months into 'talks' - the players weren't conceding anything. And when they finally did make concessions, they blew up a grenade in their own hand with Fehr's press conference PR stunt.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Great, looks like the players are moving forward. This is getting really close to 1/11/13 quasi season deadline.

@JSportsnet

NHLPA will begin voting tomorrow to give Exec Board authority to file a disclaimer of interest. Players will vote for 5 days via internet.

Retweeted by Spector's Hockey

@JSportsnet

NHLPA Exec Board requires a positive vote of 2/3rds of the members to be able to act, and then has until Jan 2/13 to file notification.

January 2, eh? Looks like the players are setting their own drop-dead date before the league sets it for them :P

Of course a deal would happen much sooner if the DOI somehow got voted down, then the players would really have to come crawling to the owners.

Why would that be true? How have things changed if the DOI fails? They're in the same place. Again, all the NHL has to do to end this charade is give a little bit, unless they think Fehr is completely bluffing and is going to keep asking until he's run out of time.

No hockey gives me more time to read a book instead.

Ah, me too! I'm in the middle of reading my 5th book since the end of October....and I never read. So basically this lockout is changing me into a different person. But seriously, this needs to end. It's stupid. It's embarrassing And they are only hurting themselves. Us fans choose to go to games or not. We choose on deciding whether or not to spend money on them. In my opinion, this lockout is hurting the league more ways in one.

We all just want one thing, yet it is so hard and frustrating to accomplish.

Hope a deal will be struck soon. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

My Hockey is now centered around my kids pee wee team, his first year! I cant wait till he attempts a backwards cross-over in a real game, it should be hysterical!!!

Haha. I watched my brother play this weekend. Though he only allowed 2 goals, it was unfortunately on maybe 6 shots, lol. Kinda wanted to see my brother play goal rather than skate in circles bored, then watch him look like he wanted to kill someone after whiffing on a glove save. Nothing better than seeing a 9 year old kid fuming mad about winning by 7 goals, lol.

No NHL logo NHLPA logo stuff for Christmas this year, I was going to buy a authentic jersey " Kovy" what also bums me out is this really screws our one player who never asked for much and played his heart out. If they cancel the season I do not see Marty coming back I know he signed for 2 yrs but with a 1 year layoff at his age I see him hanging em up and the number going to the rafters. I really hate to see him go out like that!

Here's something that's getting way too much attention, getting blown out of proportion because of the lockout. But I chuckled nonetheless. Can't imagine the players at the next PA meeting will be happy about this one.

rctq3t.jpgEdit: Wow this is huge..if you wanna shrink it DM be my guest

Edited by Devilsfan118

Here's something that's getting way too much attention, getting blown out of proportion because of the lockout. But I chuckled nonetheless. Can't imagine the players at the next PA meeting will be happy about this one.

rctq3t.jpgEdit: Wow this is huge..if you wanna shrink it DM be my guest

Who's in the picture?

Agree, getting blown way out of proportion. Until every TWENTY YEAR OLD hockey fan can honestly say they don't post stupid pics of themselves or their cars (referencing the Derek Roy hubbub) on Twitter or Facebook, then I'll expect the players to cool it down.

That being said, I've always known Evander Kane was a douchebag, too many stories coming out about him; would hate to be his teammate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.