• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msweet

Kovy will play with KHL’s SKA

40 posts in this topic

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/kovalchuk_to_sign_with_khls_ska_st._petersburg_tuesday/

SKA St. Petersburg of Russia’s Kontinental Hockey League announced on its website today that Devils right wing Ilya Kovalchuk will sign with the team Tuesday. The team plans to make the official announcement of the signing at a Tuesday news conference.

Kovalchuk, 29, would sign a contract that would allow him to return to the Devils when the NHL lockout is over. SKA St. Petersburg tried to lure Kovalchuk to the KHL when he became an NHL unrestricted free agent in 2010 before he re-signed with the Devils.

This team was one of the rumored teams to be playing at Barclay Center in Brooklyn in January!!!

EDIT: Just read confirmation.

"The KHL released their 2012-2013 calendar and slated two days in January for their overseas trip. KHL's Vice President Vladimir Shalaev told Sovetsky Sport the two regular season games will be held on January 19 and 20. Dynamo Moscow and SKA St. Petersburg will be the teams representing the KHL." At least I can watch Kovy twice in person this season!

Edited by ThreeCups

On the ticket sales date:

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov

@zerogravityfat I was told early October

I hope they do not think they can charge anywhere near NHL ticket prices for this....

Will definitely have to try and get tickets for that game, although I bet scalpers will drive the price up real high.

My brother is playing nhl13 right now. He said he played against minnesota and parise scored on him. Then he said "parise is so good in this game its rediculous. He's like a cheat code"

My brother is playing nhl13 right now. He said he played against minnesota and parise scored on him. Then he said "parise is so good in this game its rediculous. He's like a cheat code"

I highly doubt Kovy will still be playing with SKA on January 19...I think the lockout will probably be over by then so the NHL doesn't see its precious Winter Classic cancelled.

ESPN bottomline ticker actually had "Devils LW Ilya Kovalchuk signs with KHL Team..."

Blew my mind that ESPN would put that on their ticker...pretty sad

Balls. I was banking on a lockout meaning extra rest time for Kovy. That playoff run beat the hell out of him.

Looks like a Rangers jersey :puke:

Agreed...

Nice avatar btw, that was a hell of a race at Fontana, fantastic way to end a great season.

People will buy that jersey, wear it to Devils games, and be falsely accused of being Rangers fans.

Must be Captain...

kovj.jpg

Looks like he got a free tie out of the deal too. Shrewd.