Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nmigliore

2012 MLB Postseason Thread

67 posts in this topic

Tigers up 2-0 heading home with Verlander taking the mound for Game 3 against Phil Hughes tomorrow. This could be the series right here.

Cards beat the Giants to open up the NLCS, Game 2 is tonight.

Not really postseason-related but awful trade by the Diamondbacks today... in a 3-team deal they dealt Chris Young and got back Cliff Pennington and Heath Bell PLUS $13M of Bell's remaining salary. Terrible. Great deal for Oakland.

Edited by nmigliore

Vogelsong pitching really well for the Giants after Zito shut down the Cards the other night; looks like we may be headed for a Game 7. At least one League Championship Series was entertaining :P.

Edited by nmigliore

This is from a few days ago, but I had to post it (per Jonah Keri):

All Beltran had done coming into Game 3 was hit .378/.489/.838 with 14 home runs in 30 games, making him the best hitter in playoff history with that many games played.
Edited by nmigliore

Matheny a little late pulling Lohse and he replaces him with Joe Kelly of all people...

Edit: 6-0 Cards now... Pence's hit was hilarious.

Edited by nmigliore

Matheny a little late pulling Lohse and he replaces him with Joe Kelly of all people...

Edit: 6-0 Cards now... Pence's hit was hilarious.

Will Verlander pitch game 1?

Will Verlander pitch game 1?

Absolutely. Why wouldn't he?

Also: poor Pete Kozma. What a dreadful inning for him.

Edited by nmigliore

I have a lot of respect for the Cardinals and Giants and this has been a helluva series. Looks like the Giants are going to the WS to face the Tigers. I always pull for the NL in the WS when the Yankees don't make it since I'm bitter like that. Hopefully my boy Melky Cabrera can get his 2nd WS ring even though he won't be playing.

And the heavens decided to dump a monsoon on Pac Bell in the ninth inning of a 9-0 game lol. Of course the umps are all but powerless to stop the game since there's little point in an extended rain delay.

Ironically Beltran doesn't make the last out of this LCS working out a walk, and Bochy feels compelled to bring in Romo for the last out with two on and two out.

And the first interview on the field after the last out is...Angel Pagan lmao.

Congrats to the Giants. Amazing to think this team's odds were so bleak... TWICE. Down 2-0 to the Reds in the NLDS headed to Cincy, having been outscored 11-1 in the first two games, and they win 3 straight road games to win the series. Down 3-1 to the Cardinals in the NLCS and they win 3 straight again to win the series, with unsung heroics by the likes of Marco Scutaro, Barry Zito, and Ryan Vogelsong.

Disappointed Beltran isn't going to get a shot at a World Series ring this year, but it should be a fun World Series.

No surprise here but Scutaro wins NLCS MVP.

Edited by nmigliore

Cardinals sort of deserved that comeuppance after all the miracles they've been granted for the past 5 years.

Probably stating the obvious, and I don't want to jump too far ahead of myself since it's just the 3rd inning, but this would be a pretty big win for the Giants to open the World Series. Beating Verlander, in a Barry Zito start no less, is HUGE.

Edit: and just as I finish typing this, Sandoval makes it 4-0 with his 2nd homer in the game already. Wow.

Edited by nmigliore

Did the World Series start yet? Holy jesus, I wonder if a team's ever been swept right after a sweep :blink:

Really happy for former Yankees Melky Cabrera and George Kontos on their WS title!

Congrats to the Giants. At least that final game was great.

Who would have expected them to sweep the Tigers? Baseball is so funny.