Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SterioDesign

Wedgewood sent down to Trenton

23 posts in this topic

Let's hope he does better then Clermont in the ECHL. I would like to see him near the top in sv% if he is to be a top prospect.

TG sent me this response when I asked him if it's any indication of a slip in his play:

I think it's that the other guys have pro experience and they want him to play regularly.

Yeah, this is a good thing. Wedgewood would not have been the starter in Albany, so as long as he plays regularly in Trenton, it will be good for his development.

I'm interning for the Titans this season! I cannot wait to watch him!

I'll be at the game tonight! Section 207, row B.. Look for the dude in the Kovalchuk jersey

A decent amount of goalies have used the ECHL as a launching pad for their careers. I don't mind this move since it will give him playing time and I'm sure at some point Albany will need another goalie. I'll definitely make the trip down to Trenton to see him this year if the lockout drags on.

Trenton up 2-1 halfway through the 2nd..

It's hilarious seeing Devils and Flyers fans jumping together up for goals.. It definitely seems like a close split between the fans

Edit: 3-1 on a sick writer by Hayes!!

If there were a season on, it'd be fine because one of 4 goalies above him getting hurt means moving up to the higher league. Now there's only 2. But yeah, far from the end of the world - the other guys have more experience and are older, and the Devils have the oldest goaltending tandem in NHL history - they need to see if these guys can hack it.

At this point, I do not think Marty's replacement is currently in the system. I dismissed the thought of drafting and grooming a player to be the next franchise goalie in 2003. There was no point since #30 was going to be around for awhile.....

The answer will be in free agency/trade....

Trenton wins 3-1

Haczyk looked pretty good.. He's a step faster most of the time and very good positionally.. Wedge owned it opening the door for players to get to the bench

Alexandre Carrier also sent to Trenton today. Nagy out at least a week after suffering a skate cut early in this one.

Edited by titans04

Not an ideal situation for Wedgewood, he may end up being the backup.

Probably, but any injury in either organization and he's not anymore. So it takes 4 goalies staying healthy.

Not an ideal situation for Wedgewood, he may end up being the backup.

nah I don't think that's true. I think they will split time for the first month or so then the better of the two gets more games. Wedgewood was destined to go to Trenton for the last few weeks, I'm sure the understanding was he would not rot on the bench.

This is good for Wedgewood. The ECHL has traditionally been an offensive league so he's going to see a ton of rubber. At this level, goaltenders usually split time throughout most of the season so playing time shouldn't be an issue.

Probably, but any injury in either organization and he's not anymore. So it takes 4 goalies staying healthy.

I'm talking in the ECHL. Hovinen is a pretty damn good european goaltender who was drafted 5th round by Minny.

I'm talking in the ECHL. Hovinen is a pretty damn good european goaltender who was drafted 5th round by Minny.

And so am I. There's two goalies above Hovinen in the organization where he's playing. There's two goalies above Wedgewood in the Devils organization. An injury to any of them and Wedgewood is no longer the backup in Trenton - that is, even assuming he would be a backup anyway.

Oh, I see what your talking about. I'd prefer him to get 45-50 starts this season however.

played very well tonight getting the win in Reading, Gave up one soft one but was very good otherwise. Trenton laid back the second half of the game after jumping out to a big lead and he stood tall. Off to good start. Haczyk sat this one out, Nagy out a week as stated before with a skate cut. Two new guys dressed and were the best Titans on the night. Haczyk may have a hard time staying in the lineup.

Edited by titans04