Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msweet

Rumor: Devils Ice Personnel Told to Have Ice Ready in 2 Weeks

42 posts in this topic

From some sources inside the Rock...

FWIW

1 person likes this

That would be awesome if it turns out to be true. Watch its only cause disney on ice is coming through the area. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, what does FWIW stand for? Always wondered that

That would be awesome if it turns out to be true. Watch its only cause disney on ice is coming through the area. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Disney on Ice just came through Prudential actually.

FWIW, is, in this instance, For What It's Worth, I believe.

Edited by Devils731

Disney on Ice just came through Prudential actually.

FWIW, is, in this instance, For What It's Worth, I believe.

thanks, i couldnt figure it out. I always see people putting FTW (for the win) so i thought it was some kinda variation on that but couldnt figure it out haha

Man msweet if I get my hopes up again, only to be hugely let down, I'm going to punch you through the internet :lol:

The security guard who knows all is back.

A lot of larger dominoes have to fall first.

With the part of the season that's been amputated by these talks, what's currently listed as the Devils home opener is 12/8 against the Penguins. This strikes me as a "As of now, the plan is to be ready by December 8th, and until the league tells us otherwise, we'll be ready on December 8th."

Here's hoping I'm wrong and it's actually something more concrete.

Did the CAA security guard get a job at the Rock? :P

1 person likes this

got my hopes up twice, no way I do it a 3rd time....

If we lose this whole season, not sure where I will stand when hockey comes back... owners are really pising me off....

Could be for a lot of things...maybe they want to have public skating there. Maybe some high schools have booked it for a tournament

I'll be more optimistic when I hear both sides actually preparing to vote on a proposal.

Could be for a lot of things...maybe they want to have public skating there. Maybe some high schools have booked it for a tournament

I'll be more optimistic when I hear both sides actually preparing to vote on a proposal.

It's time for "Mite's on Ice!"

Ice is different for NHL skating than it is for figure skating, I think.

It's probably premature to know whether this is true or not true before tonight at the very least, unless the owners are going to bring something major to the meeting that will get the ball rolling, or they've been told the players will do the same.

I need to go talk to my elected officials, apparently the mayor of morristown is one of the guys in charge of the ice at the prudential center.

Some season ticket holders "won" a chance to paint the main ice at prudential center today... I wasnt selected otherwise I would provid more information.

:rofl: That was the first thing that went through my head when I saw the title. I still have no faith in there being a season.

If arena ice crews were told the lockout was reaching its end, it would probably be all over the internet by now. I'm not getting excited yet.

For whatever it's worth, ran into Lou Lamoriello at EWR when coming back from St. Louis yesterday. Told him we were big fans and that we miss hockey. His response was, "We all do!"

Interpret that as you will.

DIG: They will redo the whole schedule when the season gets going.

Which makes sense, otherwise the schedule would be unbalanced and such.

Looking at '95, that lockout ended on January 11 and the season began on January 20. That makes me think that expecting the season to begin in two weeks when a resolution hasn't been reached yet is probably a little too optimistic. But who knows, maybe this is them getting the ball rolling behind the scenes so there won't be such a lag between resolution and puck-drop? :noclue:

For whatever it's worth, ran into Lou Lamoriello at EWR when coming back from St. Louis yesterday. Told him we were big fans and that we miss hockey. His response was, "We all do!"

Interpret that as you will.

You got more out of him than most Devils beat writers have gotten in years.

The security guard who knows all is back.

A lot of larger dominoes have to fall first.

i am only mad because i didn't get a chance to beat you both to this joke.