Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msweet

Rumor: Devils Ice Personnel Told to Have Ice Ready in 2 Weeks

42 posts in this topic

of course my brain shoots right to the idea that we'll be watching devils hockey in 2 weeks. but there is no way i will let myself believe that. there is just no way we would be that lucky

My guess is there is some College or High school hockey event planned there, this season is done, Bettmen is an Ahole, and Hockey is quickly becoming the 5th or 6th sport in this country as the owners have really ruined this for me...

No Devils , Jets SUCK, thank gd for Arsenal!!

My guess is there is some College or High school hockey event planned there, this season is done, Bettmen is an Ahole, and Hockey is quickly becoming the 5th or 6th sport in this country as the owners have really ruined this for me...

I doubt it, high schools and NJIT use the practice rink. Building a rink is a lot of work that takes a pretty long time, I don't think they would do it for an event that doesn't generate a lot of revenue.

You know your sports world is in trouble when you're thanking god for a team that would miss the Europa League if the season ended today and let their best player sign with Man U.

If arena ice crews were told the lockout was reaching its end, it would probably be all over the internet by now. I'm not getting excited yet.

Drink more Kane beer

Take this for what it's worth; "WBZ's Steve Burton reports that a deal to save the #nhl season could be announced tomorrow or Wednesday" WBZ is a station in Boston

https://twitter.com/wbzsports

Personally, I'm taking this with a grain of salt but I figured I'd pass it along.

^^^ Read something similar from someone on my FB that works for one of the teams.

'Could be announced'...yeah right, sounds like someone speculating. Unless this nonsense about a player-owner meeting is somehow an elaborate sham to hide SUPER SECRET negotiations over the last week :P

I'm starting to think there were multiple leaks but not that a deal would be made. I think many knew this was the date that the owners would start negotiating.

I'm starting to think there were multiple leaks but not that a deal would be made. I think many knew this was the date that the owners would start negotiating.

Forgive me if this has been explained elsewhere, but why is this date significant for the owners?

Or is it just an arbitrary date?

They will have to refund contract revenues if there isn't a 62 game season. Also, the owners know that Christmas was date beyond return IMO.

Bring back the WHA

Amen. I'm still upset their comeback bid failed during the last lockout.