2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

Dino's food is overrated and their bar area is small even without the stools. Plan on it being packed beyond belief.

EAH is far better

I mean we could always combine the HF & NJDevs thing and have one big massive forums meet up. I have no problem with the people on HF. Not sure if that is the case for everyone here though. So if anyone has suggestions...places, times...etc I'd be open. This is the first time I'd ever suggested a meet up before. Haha.

Dino's food is overrated and their bar area is small even without the stools. Plan on it being packed beyond belief.

EAH is far better

Looks like I will have to bum tickets to the draft from a STH.

Thanks Devils

yea, fvck.  i was hoping to luck out.  if i dont win that contest im gonna have to bum tickets too

god forbid the devils make money by selling a few when we'd lap them up. Why give STHs up to 8 TICKETS????? That's ridiculous and complete stupidity if they don't sell any at all 

Edited by DH26

god forbid the devils make money by selling a few when we'd lap them up. Why give STHs up to 8 TICKETS????? That's ridiculous and complete stupidity if they don't sell any at all

Pittsburgh didn't sell any tickets last year and as far as I know no teams sell tickets to it, at least anymore.. Maybe it's an NHL rule, it's not like the Devils don't know they need money.. Plus, they're rewarding their STH significantly well, which helps with retention and sales

It's pretty awesome that STH get a specially created ticket for the draft.. I save all of my game tickets so this will look great in the collection book

EAH is far betterLooks like I will have to bum tickets to the draft from a STH.

Thanks Devils

Could not disagree more.. Edison Ale House is great, but its not unique.. Beer, burgers, pizza, etc is more common than BBQ, let alone great BBQ.. I love Dino, its very unique and I don't go during peak hours to avoid the crowds

Could not disagree more.. Edison Ale House is great, but its not unique.. Beer, burgers, pizza, etc is more common than BBQ, let alone great BBQ.. I love Dino, its very unique and I don't go during peak hours to avoid the crowds

The quality of Dino's BBQ is average at best. My ribs were tough and dry as could be and the sides were just ok. The sauces they had for the ribs were a little on the bland side too. I'd take an ordinary burger done well than a unique rack of ribs that taste terrible.

The quality of Dino's BBQ is average at best. My ribs were tough and dry as could be and the sides were just ok. The sauces they had for the ribs were a little on the bland side too. I'd take an ordinary burger done well than a unique rack of ribs that taste terrible.

Disagree.  Pulled pork sandwich was real good.  I also sometimes just get the mac and cheese as a snack with a beer, which they have a pretty good selection.  You'll probably end up spending less money in Dino than the other places, especially since the Arena Bar is gone. 

Actually sounds a lot more like Kovalchuk. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can see shades of Kovy because this kid is big and good with his hands, but Kovy doesn't try to run around the outside of people an cut to the net that much, Nichuskin is more power forward, Kovy is a sniper, I think they'd be perfect complements.

Edited by ATLL765

You can see shades of Kovy because this kid is big and good with his hands, but Kovy doesn't try to run around the outside of people an cut to the net that much, Nichuskin is more power forward, Kovy is a sniper, I think they'd be perfect complements.

Yeah, I realize that now.  Was a lazy comparison.  Maybe Rick Nash is a better comparison than Malkin though.

I also have to add my 2 cents on the food debate. EAH is eh to me, it's a bar with stuff, the fact that they have PBR on tap makes me want to vomit, but that's not really the point. Dino BBQ in Newark isn't their other locations, but they're still relatively new. That being said, the food is very good and I don't know how anyone could describe it as bland. Their sauces, I will agree, aren't the greatest I've ever had, but I'm not a big condiment guy. I'd rather enjoy the actual taste of the food as opposed to some sh!t I slather on top to mask what the chef just took hours, upon hours to create, but that's just me. I'm fine when the sauce is used in the cooking process, but I don't add more.

I'm seriously baffled that Devsman doesn't like Dino BBQ, I didn't think it was possible that anyone would dislike that place! lol.

I also have to add my 2 cents on the food debate. EAH is eh to me, it's a bar with stuff, the fact that they have PBR on tap makes me want to vomit, but that's not really the point. Dino BBQ in Newark isn't their other locations, but they're still relatively new. That being said, the food is very good and I don't know how anyone could describe it as bland. Their sauces, I will agree, aren't the greatest I've ever had, but I'm not a big condiment guy. I'd rather enjoy the actual taste of the food as opposed to some sh!t I slather on top to mask what the chef just took hours, upon hours to create, but that's just me. I'm fine when the sauce is used in the cooking process, but I don't add more.

I'm seriously baffled that Devsman doesn't like Dino BBQ, I didn't think it was possible that anyone would dislike that place! lol.

I love BBQ, but I was not expecting the ribs at Dino to be as dry and tough as the spare ribs at any Chinese food joint.  I literally had to slather them in their sauces to make them at least somewhat moist and even then like I said their sauces are bland and nothing special (I tried every one they had at the table so I did not miss anything).  The first couple ribs I had were without me adding sauce and in terms of taste there is not much there I could say because I could barely taste anything.

The sides I had were the mac & cheese and the beans.  The mac & cheese were the least flavorful mac & cheese I have ever had while the beans were pretty good.  Maybe it is because I've had some awesome BBQ food down in NC and TX that I was slightly disappointed, but to me between EAH and Dino I would take EAH.

EAH has standard bar grub, but they do it well.  Their pizzas are quite good and never had issues with their burgers or other meals.  Plus their craft beer selection on tap is better than Dino's IMO so they get props there as a beer snob.

I love BBQ, but I was not expecting the ribs at Dino to be as dry and tough as the spare ribs at any Chinese food joint.  I literally had to slather them in their sauces to make them at least somewhat moist and even then like I said their sauces are bland and nothing special (I tried every one they had at the table so I did not miss anything).  The first couple ribs I had were without me adding sauce and in terms of taste there is not much there I could say because I could barely taste anything.

The sides I had were the mac & cheese and the beans.  The mac & cheese were the least flavorful mac & cheese I have ever had while the beans were pretty good.  Maybe it is because I've had some awesome BBQ food down in NC and TX that I was slightly disappointed, but to me between EAH and Dino I would take EAH.

EAH has standard bar grub, but they do it well.  Their pizzas are quite good and never had issues with their burgers or other meals.  Plus their craft beer selection on tap is better than Dino's IMO so they get props there as a beer snob.

Now you're insulting my 2nd favorite Chinese food dish!! How dare you! You better not say one damn word about pan fried dumprings, lol.

I also haven't had the ribs there, but I've eaten the brisket, pulled pork, they had a smoked sausage that I thought was good. Maybe I'll have to convince someone else to go with me and order them and get their opinion on it.

Let me ask you this though: When did you go? Because I've been there on game days and non game days. I felt like it was a better all around experience when it's not packed in there right before game time. They're less rushed and everything is made better for it.

Now you're insulting my 2nd favorite Chinese food dish!! How dare you! You better not say one damn word about pan fried dumprings, lol.

I also haven't had the ribs there, but I've eaten the brisket, pulled pork, they had a smoked sausage that I thought was good. Maybe I'll have to convince someone else to go with me and order them and get their opinion on it.

Let me ask you this though: When did you go? Because I've been there on game days and non game days. I felt like it was a better all around experience when it's not packed in there right before game time. They're less rushed and everything is made better for it.

I went on a game day but was there at 4PM. My buddy and I were seated right away and by the time we left an hour later did it start to get a little busier.

My buddy had the pulled pork sandwich and he said it was good, but was not blown away by it.

I went on a game day but was there at 4PM. My buddy and I were seated right away and by the time we left an hour later did it start to get a little busier.

My buddy had the pulled pork sandwich and he said it was good, but was not blown away by it.

If you go on game day, 4-4:30 is basically your cutoff for having a relaxing meal instead of a meal where it takes 10 mins to find your waiter and who knows how long to get more beer.

Edited by ATLL765

Haha. I didn't mean for this to turn into a full on food debate in a draft thread. Just a question of where NJdevs posters would like to meet up pre-draft. Maybe we should just do EAH. Although it's gonna be filled with people over at HF..who cares. Were all Devils fans at the end of the day right? Plus Sirius/XM are going to be broadcasting from there. Maybe we can hear some early rumors. Haha

Copper and Blue is doing a great series on draft comparables for the top picks:

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/6/6/4401998/elias-lindholm-draft-comparables - Lindholm

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/6/6/4403262/sean-monahan-draft-comparables - Monahan

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/6/5/4397856/valeri-nichushkin-comparables - Nichushkin

(also what happened to the links on the new board)

Thanks for sharing that, interesting read.

yea thats a good read.  they were hating on Nichushkin a bit there but they really didn't have much to work with as far as other comparables go.  

At the end he states, "I understand that Valeri Nichushkin is a fine prospect, but I also think that a lot of his superior draft ranking is based on his projectible skills.."

but i realize that he actually DOES have those skills... and they're elite

Copper and Blue is doing a great series on draft comparables for the top picks:

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/6/6/4401998/elias-lindholm-draft-comparables - Lindholm

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/6/6/4403262/sean-monahan-draft-comparables - Monahan

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/6/5/4397856/valeri-nichushkin-comparables - Nichushkin

(also what happened to the links on the new board)

Good stuff.  Definitely gives me a broader view on Nichushkin and Lindholm.  

I also liked his reasoning on why he believes MacKinnon will have a better career than Drouin.  I felt Couturier ran into the same issue of "no growth" that MacKinnon got a bit this year but since they were both already elite level it wasn't really a fair complaint.

All speculation, but was listening to an interview with the head of hockeyprospect.com, and they seem to think it be wise for the Devils to trade down (gather some more picks and draft goalie Zach Fucale). The guy wasn't all that enamoured with taking a goalie in the 1st round, but was probably thinking with Brodeur retiring soon and the Devils lacking picks in the draft, it wasn't the worst thing to do.