2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

Lindholm said he's playing in Sweden next year. I could see him sliding a bit and we don't necessarily need him in NJ yet

that would be fvcking marvellous to land him. But i can't see the Sabres passing him if he's the only forward left. they are rebuilding so they dont need him next season either

I don't really understand why Boston is looking to move Seguin. He didn't have a great playoffs, but he's 21 years old with a ton of upside still. The guy was the #2 overall pick just three years ago, plus they signed him to a long-term deal last summer. I don't get it.

Edited by MadDog2020

I don't really understand why Boston is looking to move Seguin. He didn't have a great playoffs, but he's 21 years old with a ton of upside still. The guy was the #2 overall pick just three years ago, plus they signed him to a long-term deal last summer. I don't get it.

They have to make room and the return for seguin who's really young could be very good especially if they get in a bidding war. Im sure they wouldnt move him for any offer either.

Flames offered their 3 first rounder for the first overall. Some crazy crazy things will happen tomorrow thats for sure

They don't have room for him at center, which is his natural position. It sounds like they're not actively shopping so much as gauging interest to see If someone offers them the moon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What about clarkson right vs horton rights?

theres absolutely no point at this point monday all teams can talk with UFAs so theres no point trading rights. Plus both players are somewhat similar in their play / production and demand. So if you cant get one, you probably cant get the other

theres absolutely no point at this point monday all teams can talk with UFAs so theres no point trading rights. Plus both players are somewhat similar in their play / production and demand. So if you cant get one, you probably cant get the other

As far as im concerned... i would prefer Horton over clarkson Different style but Horton is better skill wise

Horton is a lot better than clarkson. Maybe their production is similar (I havnt checked any numbers) but his Hockey sense blows Clarkson out of the water. Maybe Lou is willing to give Clarkson 5+ but I think he would be willing to offer that to Horton.

Horton is a lot better than clarkson. Maybe their production is similar (I havnt checked any numbers) but his Hockey sense blows Clarkson out of the water. Maybe Lou is willing to give Clarkson 5+ but I think he would be willing to offer that to Horton.

well of course id take horton over clarkson any day of the week. But they still have a similar role in a team is what i meant. Point was that trading their rights would be useless at this points. we'd not have any leverage in negotiations.

well of course id take horton over clarkson any day of the week. But they still have a similar role in a team is what i meant. Point was that trading their rights would be useless at this points. we'd not have any leverage in negotiations.

Yeah trading for rights is completely pointless. And yeah they would definitely play a similar role, just think Horton is much better than Clarkson in that role.

No Mantha? Most naturally gifted goalscorer in the draft according to various scouts.. You can always teach someone to play D..

I liked Mantha earlier this season based on his size and numbers alone but from reading some draft guides he seems to have issues with his work ethic. He has a great shot and intelligence but Mark Edwards of Hockey Prospect says he is really a boom or bust guy. I'd rather pass.

Ristolainen

Dauphin

It isn't sexy picks but it is the way NJ should go. Maybe move Fayne for a winger.

I'm still not the biggest Ristolainen fan. I didn't know anything about Dauphin but after reading Hockey Prospect's review on him, I'm sold. Seems like a strong willed player who is well rounded to contribute in all situations. I'd be very happy if the Devils got him in the 2nd. They note his acceleration is his biggest weakness and he could use his teammates better but both of these things can get better and shouldn't be huge concerns as he develops. At 6'0, 166 lbs. he could stand to gain some muscle.

Made my full 2 Round Mock Draft tonight, this goes without saying, I had the Devils taking two forwards:

http://dynastysports.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=ST&f=52&t=134&st=0#entry153

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised to actually see Nichushkin fall to us, being a Russian and playing in the KHL is already good for a drop of 2-3 spots, and him telling teams he won't play in the AHL is good for another drop, it isn't all too far-fetched that he's there at 9.

I like a lot of guys that could be available at 9 so I'm not holding out for Nichushkin, but I would be very happy if he did fall there. Hard to pass up on that upside at the 9 spot.

I'd be happy with Carrier at 39. There are so many solid forward and defense prospects that could be there. Lots of intriguing options.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Calgary use one of their 3 first round picks on Fucale.

I liked Mantha earlier this season based on his size and numbers alone but from reading some draft guides he seems to have issues with his work ethic. He has a great shot and intelligence but Mark Edwards of Hockey Prospect says he is really a boom or bust guy. I'd rather pass.

I'm still not the biggest Ristolainen fan. I didn't know anything about Dauphin but after reading Hockey Prospect's review on him, I'm sold. Seems like a strong willed player who is well rounded to contribute in all situations. I'd be very happy if the Devils got him in the 2nd. They note his acceleration is his biggest weakness and he could use his teammates better but both of these things can get better and shouldn't be huge concerns as he develops. At 6'0, 166 lbs. he could stand to gain some muscle.

Like i said multiple time... I saw mantha play all season Here in the QJMHL and i would'nt want him here. He is good 1 game on three..

Yes he score 50 goal but junior and NHL caliber isnt the same... He have a hard shot but that it

He is big but dont play physical, he is not really competitive (he was awful in the playoffs) and he is average in the skating ability...

Again i dont like that player and a lot of Foreurs fans complain about him and his presence.

Last thing... He really seem lost some game on the ice especially when he play big team like halifax or Quebec..

I would love shinkaaruk and i wouldn't mind Zykov if we have a later pick.

If the Bruins really trade Seguin instead of getting rid of guys like Kelly who make $3millon to play on the 3rd line or Marchand who makes 4.5 with markedly less potential than Seguin or Lucic who only shows up 1/2 the time I won't believe my eyes 

I could see someone like MN giving Granlund/Spurgeon/Coyle and picks to get him. Pretty much now way for us to match that 

Edited by DH26

If the Bruins really trade Seguin instead of getting rid of guys like Kelly who make $3millon to play on the 3rd line or Marchand who makes 4.5 with markedly less potential than Seguin or Lucic who only shows up 1/2 the time I won't believe my eyes 

I could see someone like MN giving Granlund/Spurgeon/Coyle and picks to get him. Pretty much now way for us to match that 

i dont think they are shopping him to unload him. would make more sense if they would have brought up his name to get of the top....5 pick lets say.

i dont think they are shopping him to unload him. would make more sense if they would have brought up his name to get of the top....5 pick lets say.

why trade him for a top 5 pick when he's a 20 year old former top 5 pick who's put up a 70 point season already? What's the upside: Tyler Seguin 2.0? 

why trade him for a top 5 pick when he's a 20 year old former top 5 pick who's put up a 70 point season already? What's the upside: Tyler Seguin 2.0?

Maybe they are really high on Jones. Having jones + hamilton in the future post chara would be fantastic for them.