Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Triumph

Any interest in a trivia game?

12 posts in this topic

Hey all,

It's real boring around these parts - figured a trivia game could spice things up. The variant of trivia I'd like to play is called reverse sheep - here's how it works:

I'll ask a series of questions with multiple right answers (example: Name a team that plays in the Atlantic Division). Your goal is to get the answer guessed by the least number of players. Let's say 10 people entered and:

4 people said the New Jersey Devils

2 said the Penguins

2 said the Rangers

1 said the Flyers

1 said the Bruins

You get points equal to the number of people who answered the same as you, so the people who said the Devils would get 4 points, Penguins 2 points, and so forth. Lowest number of points wins. I think I'll score wrong answers as the number of participants divided by 2, so the Bruins answer would get 5 points.

I'd like to limit this to the first 15 would-be participants because scoring the game is going to be time-consuming. I also think I'll mostly limit the questions to Devils + Atlantic Division type trivia. Interest, or has the lockout crushed us all?

I'd be interested

Or, I can make the sound of a barnyard animal, and we can all guess what it is.

Or, I can make the sound of a barnyard animal, and we can all guess what it is.

Yes, yes, this isn't quite a comet strike - the questions will be way better than 'Name an Atlantic Division team'. I just used that as an example.

Just labored through the Zach Parise UFA thread out of pure boredom. Probably not the smartest decision. Thank you NHL and NHLPA

Edited by SMantzas

Yes, yes, this isn't quite a comet strike - the questions will be way better than 'Name an Atlantic Division team'. I just used that as an example.

I'm on board, sounds fun