Mayday

It has been awhile...(2013 Starting Roster Discussion)

232 posts in this topic

Clarkson never went UFA. I don't know where this 'Clarkson to Toronto' stuff got started, but apparently it won't end until his career does.

It came from the same place as the Parise to Minnesota came from. Marty to Montreal, Madden to Toronto, and every single UFA the Devils have ever had to the Rangers all came from there, too. It's all bull, but since Parise went to Minny and Rafalski went to Detroit, we're gonna have to hear it every time someone approaches free agency.

with free agency there's no ranking like that anymore, plenty of 2nd line center making realll good money

Except his free agency won't be a bonanza, with the cap coming down and such.

Well now it's real-

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Butler

X (will be Henrique)-Elias-Zubrus

Tedenby?-Josefson-Clarkson

4th line

On that note, l eagerly look forward to what moves Lou might have up his sleeve. We'll be without Henrique to start the season, not sure about Volchenkov's status (I assume he's still injured). And didn't Larsson get hurt too? I need an injury update lol.

I hope Lou makes a deal before the season offically starts. Seeing someone like Grabner on this team would be amazing.

Fayne + a 2nd (maybe add in a prospect) should get it done

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Grabner

Elias-Henrique-Zubs

Butler-Josefson-Clarkson

CBGB

Volch is good to go according to TG.
Then I'm wondering if Lou will be dealing a d-man for a forward. I thought that might've been on hold if Volch was still gonna be out, but it kinda needs to happen given our lack of forward depth at the moment.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

So, Henrique is probably going to miss first week or two of the season.

Time to expect a lot of Sestito and Barch. Fantastic.

I'd be pretty surprised if a move or two wasn't made, once things get set in motion.

I have been MIA tell me more about Bobby Butler please

Thanks

Henrique will be fine. If the season opens on the 19th, he'll be in the lineup by the 26th if not earier

I have been MIA tell me more about Bobby Butler please

Thanks

A better skating Clarkson minus the grit. Also has more offensive awareness than Clarkie.

Butler is more of a Brylin with slightly better skill set

If he hits full potential...Nemchinov on the Rangers. That's his top side

Edited by '7'

A better skating Clarkson minus the grit. Also has more offensive awareness than Clarkie.

So he is clarkson, without grit? With more offensive awareness?

So he's nothing like clarkson then?

Or just a blue collar, lunch pail mentality...?

Anybody else care to weigh in?

So he is clarkson, without grit? With more offensive awareness?

So he's nothing like clarkson then?

Or just a blue collar, lunch pail mentality...?

Anybody else care to weigh in?

Ok, my bad I was just thinking of what to expect offensively. No lunch pail.

Volch is good to go according to TG.

Yeah, back to Russia hopefully

Bring Sykora back, squeeze the last bit of hockey he has left and we can cut him loose if he plays that bad

Yeah, back to Russia hopefully

Bring Sykora back, squeeze the last bit of hockey he has left and we can cut him loose if he plays that bad

Volchenkov was an anchor of the best penalty kill in NHL history last year. I don't understand this hostility.

Sykora, OTOH, faded as the year went on and earned his playoff benching. He is done.

So who gets the call in place of Henrique? Tedenby is definitely going to be on the roster come opening night which kinda shows how weak we are at the forward position.

So who gets the call in place of Henrique? Tedenby is definitely going to be on the roster come opening night which kinda shows how weak we are at the forward position.

Trade

My only suggestion for a UFA signing is to nab Eric Fehr as a depth player, put him onto the 3rd line. With 3rd line icetime, he'll be good for 10-15 goals, 25-30 points, and he'll be cheap since he's coming off a poor season statistically... 2 goals in 35 games, but only shot 3.7% following rehab from double shoulder surgery.

Butler should see Sykora's PP time on the 2nd unit, I really don't see the need to re-up Sykora. Maybe he gets a camp invite again to prove himself... could do decently since it's more of a sprint to the finish line.

Why are people insisting that Butler play on the first line. And how has nobody called them out for this.

the FIRST line?!?!

:doh1: