• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Mayday

It has been awhile...(2013 Starting Roster Discussion)

232 posts in this topic

Tedenby has 14 points in 28 AHL games this season, and from what I've read he's playing on the 3rd line which has been put in a checking role. Josefson has 20 points in 30 games and has been playing with the offensive guys on the team. Tedenby is also outscoring Chris Kreider, who I think Ranger fans have putting up 30 goals this season :lol:

Don't sleep on Kreider. He was easily one of the best players from last year's US junior team, and he showed some game late last year. Hopefully, though, the best player from that roster ends up being Merrill and Kreider never scores 30.

Speaking of being a while. As you can see, Holik on Hockey has gone bye bye.

Oh well.

He had an article in the Hockey News where he said he would resume once the games started again.

He had an article in the Hockey News where he said he would resume once the games started again.

Yeah he did, but he's since changed his mind. Let the domain lapse. It's all gone now. He's thinking of buying a Canadian Junior team.

If the Devils don't trade a Dman away how do you all feel about moving Harrold to F? I really liked what I saw from him in the postseason and want him to get some playing time somehow. I guess this would be assuming the 4th line suffers an injury or proves ineffective.

Yeah he did, but he's since changed his mind. Let the domain lapse. It's all gone now. He's thinking of buying a Canadian Junior team.

What about Holik on Shooting?

Man I couldn't help but put the ECF video on when I hit youtube...I love henrique...in the sort of non stalker pleutonic fan sort of way.

Man I couldn't help but put the ECF video on when I hit youtube...I love henrique...in the sort of non stalker pleutonic fan sort of way.

i love henrique in the stalker pleutonic fan sort of way...

It's spelled "platonic". Not trying to be the English police, just figured you might want to spell it right for the police interview, lol.

It's spelled "platonic". Not trying to be the English police, just figured you might want to spell it right for the police interview, lol.

haha good looks buddy

I must admit, this board kills me as I can't get spellcheck to install into windows explorer at my job =-(

Watching the video made me remember how much I miss hockey, especially when we win.

i love henrique in the stalker pleutonic fan sort of way...

so far i managed to get a sock, a cup he drank in, poo from his dog and a chunk of hairs. What do you got ?

so far i managed to get a sock, a cup he drank in, poo from his dog and a chunk of hairs. What do you got ?

HOW'D YOU FORGET ABOUT GETTING A LOCK OF HIS PLAYOFF GOATEE!!!!!

Edited by ATLL765

If the Devils don't trade a Dman away how do you all feel about moving Harrold to F? I really liked what I saw from him in the postseason and want him to get some playing time somehow. I guess this would be assuming the 4th line suffers an injury or proves ineffective.

We would still have to sit someone every night unless we play 7 D. I just dont see how we cannot trade anyone away. Ideally you want Harrold as a the 7th Dman, right now hes our 8th.

Edited by Zubie#8

We would still have to sit someone every night unless we play 7 D. I just dont see how we cannot trade anyone away. Ideally you want Harrold as a the 7th Dman, right now hes our 8th.

We could def run 7 D until a trade is made.

You have:

Green-Fayne

Tally-Larsson

Salvador-Zidlicky

Volch

Then if need be, stick Harrold on the 4th line, bump Bernier up to the 3rd and it's not all that bad. Even could put Carter up there, he's solid defensively for the most part.

We could def run 7 D until a trade is made.

You have:

Green-Fayne

Tally-Larsson

Salvador-Zidlicky

Volch

Then if need be, stick Harrold on the 4th line, bump Bernier up to the 3rd and it's not all that bad. Even could put Carter up there, he's solid defensively for the most part.

I just think we have to get down to 7 defensemen early in the season. I dont like the thought of having a logjam with 8 guys and having one or two sitting or playing offense. But thats just me.

Its a good problem to have though.

Edited by Zubie#8

Been thinking about the PP and here's what I've come up with.

Unit 1-

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson

Kovy- Zids

Of course Zajac takes all of the faceoffs and Elias goes to the half boards and works his magic. Zajac will wait in the middle of the ice and look for one timers. Clarkson will take over Parise's role by the side of the net when he's not screening the goalie.

Unit 2

Henrique-Josefson-Butler

Kovy-Larsson

Butler will take over Sykora's role on the second unit. While I'd like Josefson to handle the puck as much as possible as he has the best hands and vision. Ideally you have Henrique in front of the net looking for tips. My only worry is that this unit is too small, so Zubrus could be inserted in Henrique's spot. The other question is whether or not Larsson is ready for this unit.

I still don't like Kovy double shifting and I always feel that we would be better off just putting a whole group of fresh bodies.

What is the word on Joe Whitney, his Albany stats are not going to jump out at you, but he was the caption on BC. Not saying he should be recalled just because of that, but whats the word on him?

Matteau's getting an invite to camp, what do you guys think his chances are of making the team? I think he could look good on the LW with Josefson and Clarkson

It's unknown if Matteau is invited, he is on the list of eligible people to invite. Chere messed his first tweet up.

Not going to get into a thing about ELCs here, that aside I don't expect that Matteau is ready for the NHL.

Not going to get into a thing about ELCs here, that aside I don't expect that Matteau is ready for the NHL.

Do ELCs have the same 'slide' provisions that they did in the previous CBA?

1 person likes this