Triumph

Post Lockout Trades/Signings Thread

269 posts in this topic

Would like to se Sykora back with the team for this season. Wouldn't give him a long contract but reckon he might be able to help us out a bit. I'm assuming we have quite a bit of cap space left after Parise left?

Would like to se Sykora back with the team for this season. Wouldn't give him a long contract but reckon he might be able to help us out a bit. I'm assuming we have quite a bit of cap space left after Parise left?

Yeah, cap space is not a problem for the Devils this season (or next) - $16 million left.

BTW, re: Foster - we're going to see more guys like him signing one-way contracts and ending up in the AHL because re-entry waivers are gone. I don't think Foster is that good but I think the Flyers lack point men on their power play - if he somehow figured out defense, why not?

I just hope that Sykora is not a devil again, he is just used up and doesnt fit into the current system at all anymore. Especially when he is only useful with Elias who takes hard minutes.

I just hope that Sykora is not a devil again, he is just used up and doesnt fit into the current system at all anymore. Especially when he is only useful with Elias who takes hard minutes.

I don't know; I know we're you're coming from and I partially agree. And yet, we have to admit, he did what we asked of him last year and MORE, on an almost-minimum contract. 20 goals or something like that? Not bad..

Hemsky would be a fantastic addition.

Yeah can certainly dangled and make pretty plays

i was talking to my roomate (habs fan) that it was unfair for Mathieu Darche and too bad that he couldnt resign in MTL cause he was a really good veteran and good guy in the locker room and he did a good job in the negociations and everything.. and that i wouldnt mind having him in NJ... well...

StephRDSJunior

De bonnes sources Mathieu Darche aurait obtenu une invitation au camp des #Devils

Confirmé Mathieu Darche est au camp des #Devils #bonnechance

ohhh its french i forgot... well basically he's invited to the camp officially...

Edited by SterioDesign

RenLavoieRDS

Scott Gomez won't be on the ice this morning. He's not injured. Uncertain future with the Canadiens.

damn. i wanted him to stay there lol

I don't really understand inviting Darche to camp - he's basically an older Ryan Carter. Then again, anything that keeps Tim Sestito out of the Devils' lineup is A-okay with me.

Gomez will not play this season and not even in the AHL, MTL will simply pay him to stay home and his contract will be bought out next summer.

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils

Lou Lamoriello will address the media at noon

Oh boy...I wonder what this is about? I doubt it's to announce the Darche signing :P

Sucks for Gomez, stuck at home for a year no matter what now.

Sucks for Gomez, stuck at home for a year no matter what now.

what? what is this? pity?

the guy fvcking signed across the river for more money while he had a great career with us. fvck this guy, his career went to hell when he left us and its a beautiful sight... im hoping the same for Zach now. Bring it

1 person likes this

Oh boy...I wonder what this is about? I doubt it's to announce the Darche signing :P

You know how Lou rolls. Status quo baby.

Supposedly, talks for contracts with Subban and Benn have not been doing well. Is it possible, with the cap space we have, to buy Benn's rights?

Islanders sign Radek Martinek - I know they still need more defensemen, but I am disappointed.

You know how Lou rolls. Status quo baby.

It's definitely to talk about the new by 12 taquitos get one free deal at the Rock.

Islanders sign Radek Martinek - I know they still need more defensemen, but I am disappointed.

Why? You wanted us to sign him? He's always injured and 36

I am LOVING the Gomez situation.

My personal hatred of him has pretty much completely dissipated, but, in my mind, he's still a money-grubbing, selfish player. And he's reaping what he sowed years ago by signing with NY.

I am LOVING the Gomez situation.

My personal hatred of him has pretty much completely dissipated, but, in my mind, he's still a money-grubbing, selfish player. And he's reaping what he sowed years ago by signing with NY.

I hope, somehow, some way, the same thing happens to Parise one day. I will laugh a loud, hearty laugh that day.

Why? You wanted us to sign him? He's always injured and 36

No I want the Devils to trade them a defenseman. The more stopgaps sign around the league, the more teams get fooled into thinking they're okay in that department, etc.