hoekster316

Start the Gomez-to-NJ rumors

150 posts in this topic

I was thinking JJ could go to the wing but I think I wud rather have the most defensively responsible player at center so that's why I wud keep JJ at center

If Gomez is signed, I'd like to look like:

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovy

Elias-JJ-(Probably Clarkson but I think it'd benefit Bernier or Matteau more)

Henrique-Gomez-Matteau

Gionta-Carter-Bernier

All probably unrealistic, but those are probably the most balenced lines, and allow for a ton of bouncing around

Have a feeling he's coming here once the Butler waiving is completed since he's not gone anywhere yet.

I might be the only one that feels this way but if we got Gomez and matteau is good enough to stay on the team for the season we could again have a pretty deep offense once henrique comes back.

(These are not line combos just showing our 12 forwards.)

Kovy-Zajac-Zubrus

Elias-henrique-clarkson

Matteau-JJ-Gomez

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Not bad IMO

Edited by njd3b1ink

If Gomez is signed, I'd like to look like:

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovy

Elias-JJ-(Probably Clarkson but I think it'd benefit Bernier or Matteau more)

Henrique-Gomez-Matteau

Gionta-Carter-Bernier

All probably unrealistic, but those are probably the most balenced lines, and allow for a ton of bouncing around

No way you put Matteau on a line above Henrique. If anything he'll get relief minutes on the third or 4th line if he even makes the lineup at all.

You want to put together a decent crash line go with Clarkson-JJ-Matteau.

In other words, he'll be on the bus to Nassau tomorrow morning.

Is it wrong that that's immediately what I thought too? :koolaid:

Is it wrong that that's immediately what I thought too? :koolaid:

I want to see it for my own personal amusement. Not sure where Kyper is getting sources. Can't be the agent, it's not like Gomez is incredibly coveted and this drives up the price... if anything it would just be diminishing it.

I want to see it for my own personal amusement. Not sure where Kyper is getting sources. Can't be the agent, it's not like Gomez is incredibly coveted and this drives up the price... if anything it would just be diminishing it.

I think it'd be hilarious but we know the Devils never talk and it's not like Gomez is gonna break the bank. He's probably getting the same $1 million offer (at most) from everyone. He's got his $ already. Who knows

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

I don't know how serious their interest was to begin with., but it sounds like Devils are out now on Gomez.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

I don't know how serious their interest was to begin with., but it sounds like Devils are out now on Gomez.

"The Devils are not getting Kovalchuk!"

"TG, they announced the trade an hour ago."

"Oh."

1 person likes this

No way you put Matteau on a line above Henrique. If anything he'll get relief minutes on the third or 4th line if he even makes the lineup at all.

You want to put together a decent crash line go with Clarkson-JJ-Matteau.

Like I said, it's not going to happen I just think he would be best suited playing with a good passer and getting the most out of the lineup instead of putting him with Clarky who can't set up a score for his life.

Detroit, San Jose, Calgary? Those are the only ones I can really see. Maybe the Anaheim deal is true.

It's actually kinda funny how everyone's getting their hopes up because he hasn't signed yet. It's Gomez, he's probably trying to extract every last penny or a two-year deal from someone.

I think we're all just waiting around to see someone brought on. There's a little befuddlement as to the fact that LL hasn't done anything roster-wise since Parise left. He's the kind of dude who should have a contingency plan.

can someone explain the allusion to bowling mentioned on the first page.

I was assuming it was a botched Lebowski quote: "Obviously youre not a golfer". With that said, I still didn't get it.

So, the Sharks seem to be his first choice.

Because of Larry Robinson