Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SterioDesign

Salvador officially named captain

121 posts in this topic

He did whenever one of the A's was out. I think he did in the playoff game that Kovy missed, too.

Thanks, I couldn't remember, but I figured he might've.

Back in the day, I used to remember stuff like that. Now, not so much.

He was the A when Kovy was out and I think at two or three other points. Honestly, Im more interestedin the line set ups and how we are going to look Saturday with only a week under our belt and the new faces on all our lines.

My main problem with Salvador as captain is the same as with Leach in Albany - you gotta play the guy.

There is only one really good choice for captain in my book and that is Elias. Regardless if Elias gets the C or not, he and Brodeur are the leaders of this team.

Elias too is going to be 37. I hope we select a Captain who is in his Twenties !

I like having a defenseman as C. When you have a scorer as C, every time he goes into a scoring slump, you hear that it is the "weight of the Captaincy"

He said we will see and that he have been captain before (mean he can do it)

Elias too is going to be 37. I hope we select a Captain who is in his Twenties !

Tedenby!

I like having a defenseman as C. When you have a scorer as C, every time he goes into a scoring slump, you hear that it is the "weight of the Captaincy"

I agree with this. I think Sal would be a good choice but wouldn't be surprised if it's Kovy.

per TG

Pete DeBoer announces that Bryce Salvador has been named captain.

@TGfireandice: Elias and Kovalchuk keep the A's

fine... for me it doesnt matter who wear the C but now it settle... (short term)

I would like Zajac or Kovy but that it

i think it's a good setup and perfect timing to put the C on Henrique in time

i think it's a good setup and perfect timing to put the C on Henrique in time

We will see... he played an half of a season with us... If he continues i see him as captain, but an half of a season is not a career

We will see... he played an half of a season with us... If he continues i see him as captain, but an half of a season is not a career

of course not, but he said that he'd like to be captain one day and if he continue to play the way he is. he should be. he scored bigger goals in his first season than Zach in all his years in NJ

Forgetting we had a thread for this already, I posted in the other one lol. Once again, congrats Sal, well deserved.

Gah, well I guess we get to speculate for a couple years as to whether it will be Kovalchuk, Zajac or Henrique once Sal and Elias are gone...I'm glad we'll have an experienced vet as a captain, though, nothing wrong with that.

Wow, even with the rumor earlier in the week, I'm still surprised that Kovalchuk didn't get it. I wonder how him not getting it will affect him.

But congrats to Bryce. I'm happy for him. He's a solid player.

Edited by 95Crash

Good for Salvador. After his concussion issues a few seasons ago, he had a nice bounce back year last season and was 1 of the 3 potential captains I would have picked (Elias or Zajac being the others).

After Sal retires I would like to see Zajac get the "C", with Elias and Kovy with the "A"....once Patty is out of the picture his A should go to Henrique

Kovy saw how much this club did to get him. He's gonna be fine.

Also, good for Sal. I was surprised when I first heard the rumour (during the whole lockout I was sure Kovy would be the C), but it's well deserved. The only thing I'm not a fan of here is that two years from now (or so) we'll be picking captain again.

Edited by Revan