caron14

we waived Bobby butler ?????

115 posts in this topic

PEr Bob mckenzie

What the????

I dont understand it.... I thought butler was the one who brings up couple a goal for us.

Edited by caron14

well so much for a guy who was supposed to score a lot for us this year and a guy on our top 6. i fvcking hope there's a trade coming or something, our offence is horrible.

Butler already passed through waivers before the lockout, FWIW, so I'm not worried on that score, but it's a confusing move.

This makes absolutely no sense unless Lou has a trade for a forward lined up.

Any possibility this has nothing to do with his on ice performance?!? Maybe off ice-issues or a spat of some sort with coaches/management?!? Seems too out of the blue, especially when most of us were penciling him as a key forward for us...

Is this just one of those situations where, if he clears waivers now, he can be sent down in the (near) future without having to clear waivers again?

Maybe this is just Lou covering all his bases, so to speak.

Edited by Devilsfan118

One thing we're all forgetting is that Sens fans were all pencilling him as a key forward for them too for a year or two... Guess his play or attitude isn't all there?

From what I understand from TG's tweet, Butler has to make the final 23-man because he wasnt place on waivers until today...meaning he cant clear until tomorrow when the deadline has already passed. I'm pretty confused by this move.

Am I alone in thinking he will be claimed?

Probably not, but again, he already made it through before the lockout and not much has changed (he crushes in the AHL - we knew that already). Also since he'll be going through when teams have set their rosters, it will be harder for someone to claim him.

And he doesn't have to be sent down even if he isn't claimed.

But yeah, I don't really see who takes his spot unless it is the horrible Steve Bernier.

From what I understand from TG's tweet, Butler has to make the final 23-man because he wasnt place on waivers until today...meaning he cant clear until tomorrow when the deadline has already passed. I'm pretty confused by this move.

Maybe the timing says Lou is counting on him not being claimed? I mean, right now teams are trying to pare down their rosters, not add to them.

Probably not, but again, he already made it through before the lockout and not much has changed (he crushes in the AHL - we knew that already). Also since he'll be going through when teams have set their rosters, it will be harder for someone to claim him.

And he doesn't have to be sent down even if he isn't claimed.

But yeah, I don't really see who takes his spot unless it is the horrible Steve Bernier.

When did Bernier become so horrible all the sudden to the point that you don't even think he should make the team? Or is this the latest contrarian streak?

Am I alone in thinking he will be claimed?

The Isles will take him. It's like they won the waiver lottery this year.

When did Bernier become so horrible all the sudden to the point that you don't even think he should make the team? Or is this the latest contrarian streak?

Bernier's just horrible in a top 6/anything above checking line role

When would it be announced if he was claimed? Sometime tomorrow?

i dont know what is going on and im confused... maybe we sign gomez.... acquire jamie benn or bobby ryan... or nothing at all lol

PS: if we acquire ryan or benn i dont have a word to say :P

Last scenario is that he could be the kind of player who cant play in the NHL on a daily basis (he can score but if he cant play both side of the ice Deboer will not take him)

Edited by caron14

This is really annoying and confusing. Butler seemed like a lock to not only make the team but play in the top 6. Bleh.

Lou HAS to have something up his sleeve, no?

Edited by nmigliore

Bernier is barely a 4th line player - I recognize why he is here, but unless there is a trade/signing coming, this move suggests that Bernier will start the season as the 3rd line RW, which is simply inexcusable.

im thinking they want to keep Darche and Matteau for a few games ? it could explain things

PS: if we acquire ryan or benn i dont have a word to say :P

Let's not..let's not start type of thinking :giggle: