2013 Jets Thread

NJDevs4978

• 2 weeks later...

Where to begin

First of all, Mike Pettine give me a break. The Jets torched his pathetic defense up and down the field. 513 total yards thank you very much. His sorry squealing ass was carried by Rex the past 4 years

Jets pass rush is dominant. Would've had more sacks if Manuel wasn't so damn elusive. Bills were tackling Jets defenders all day and got away with it all day. 8 sacks! and no running game. This is a powerful line that just destroys people. CJ Spiller. 10 rushes 9 yards and knocked the fvck out.

Terrific job by Powell. He looked incredibly elusive, broke tackles, and MM did an amazing job getting him into open space

We're starting to see what kind of QB Geno is going to be. A big play, high risk/high reward job. They let him chuck the ball all over the field today and it WORKED. Sure he had some picks, but he made tons of big throws.

Poor use of challenges by Rex. However he got a bad spot on the 4th and 1 with Tommy Bohanon. He was over the line, that's a 1st down.

Kyle Wilson is a lunatic and all around poor football player. The guy kills us in coverage...still there were too many flags for uncatchable balls and just general picking on the Jets for no reason. I like Darrin Walls and frankly I'm not sure why he's not on the field more often. Guy is a solid cover corner 

Edited by '7'

Can't disagree with much of that. Geno throws a Jeff Blake-type deep ball...floats in but gets there. Powell has earned the RB job, Ivory/Goodson be damned. Hill was actually making plays, so was Holmes who actually looked the best he has since before the contract.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Can't disagree with much of that. Geno throws a Jeff Blake-type deep ball...floats in but gets there. Powell has earned the RB job, Ivory/Goodson be damned. Hill was actually making plays, so was Holmes who actually looked the best he has since before the contract.

probably the first time Holmes was truly 100%. That TD pass to him was absolutely perfect. Geno put that ball through a hairpin and into Holmes pocket

and the jet obsession surfaces again

Holmes is playing well because he's healthy. He's also signed through next year

Devil's advocate...I'm willing to bet that if Holmes were a net negative, they'd eat the year of salary and/or find a way to distribute the hit over multiple years.  

But that said, he had a very good game.  That long touchdown play was a sick thread-the-needle play.

Typical Jets today.

Manta, what exactly is the point of all of this?  For one, I don't think Jets fans (with the exception of uberhomer Beezer) really were expecting that much from them this season...I think most would tell you 5-7 wins, depending on how things break.  They have a rookie QB who isn't in the "sure thing" class who is learning on the job.  There's going to be some ugly moments...that's usually how it goes for a lot of QBs who are thrown directly into action.  It's not like the Jets are sorely underachieving here...I'm guessing most Jets fans would've signed up for 2-2 for the first quarter of the season pretty willingly.   

Manta, what exactly is the point of all of this?  For one, I don't think Jets fans (with the exception of uberhomer Beezer) really were expecting that much from them this season...I think most would tell you 5-7 wins, depending on how things break.  They have a rookie QB who isn't in the "sure thing" class who is learning on the job.  There's going to be some ugly moments...that's usually how it goes for a lot of QBs who are thrown directly into action.  It's not like the Jets are sorely underachieving here...I'm guessing most Jets fans would've signed up for 2-2 for the first quarter of the season pretty willingly.   

Yesterday was NFL heaven for him with the manner in which the Jets lost so...let him have his fun

Looks like it's Geno or die.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000253549/article/mark-sanchez-to-have-shoulder-surgery-out-for-season

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has decided to undergo season-ending surgery on his torn labrum. Sanchez hopes to delay surgery another week or two, but he knows that surgery is inevitable and that his season is over. Sanchez faces a 4-6 month recovery, according to a person informed of the rehabilation process.

What makes it funnier is that the Jets were introduced to the Tenessee crowd with the Benny Hill theme song as their entrance music.

bravo manta. so original and witty. I mean you can't even troll properly

The Jets thank you for your continuing obsession. One day try to find a team of your own. One that you can actually enjoy watching win MORE than reveling in the misfortune of the Jets (it's possible). Then the rest of us will maybe look at you as less of a pathetic loser.

Edited by '7'

bravo manta. so original and witty. I mean you can't even troll properly

The Jets thank you for your continuing obsession. One day try to find a team of your own. One that you can actually enjoy watching win MORE than reveling in the misfortune of the Jets (it's possible). Then the rest of us will maybe look at you as less of a pathetic loser.

I will consider the source.   As you seem to have a lot of projection issues as well as denial issues.

Wishful thinking on your part, but I am not making this up.   When the Jets came out of the tunnel that was the song that the Titans played.   So, I am not alone about the joke the Jets have become.

I will consider the source.   As you seem to have a lot of projection issues as well as denial issues.

Wishful thinking on your part, but I am not making this up.   When the Jets came out of the tunnel that was the song that the Titans played.   So, I am not alone about the joke the Jets have become.

manta...just grow up already. go create the jets haters thread that I suggested so you can stop bothering everybody here. you add nothing.

I will consider the source. As you seem to have a lot of projection issues as well as denial issues.

Wishful thinking on your part, but I am not making this up. When the Jets came out of the tunnel that was the song that the Titans played. So, I am not alone about the joke the Jets have become.

7's not the one going into other threads and constantly cackling about what a joke other teams are. We're not entitled to be a touch homeristic in a Jets thread? Someone needs to grow up here and it ain't 7.

Manta, again, with all due respect...what is the point of all of this?  I come in here to talk Jets football from time to time because my team plays the Jets twice a year, and they're my team's chief rival...but even when they're struggling, or my team is enjoying a blowout win against them, I don't come in here and start trolling.  The only guy I have a problem with in here is Beez, but everyone else in here is easy to talk football with, even if you're not a Jets fan. 

Again, were the Jets supposed to be good this year?  This was clearly supposed to be a "take-a-step-back-to-hopefully-take-steps-forward-in-the-seasons-to-come" type of year, with a new GM who probably wants his own head coach.  Yes, sometimes teams can surprise (and for the people who were predicting that the Jets would be a 3-win team, in a way they already HAVE surprised...they've won two games and were competitive against NE), but for the Jets, the one way that was going to happen over the course of a full season was if Geno Smith stepped right in and was able to play something like a veteran.  Well, he hasn't, but not too many rookie QBs have it all figured out right away...it takes time, reps, games, and mistakes (sometimes a lot of them) to learn from, to be able to improve.  And losing Holmes isn't going to help much. 

Though it's not my style, I could understand coming in here to bust balls a little if the Jets were expected to be some kind of powerhouse this season, and everyone in here was talking smack about how terrific they were going to be, but just about everyone in here was pretty realistic about their expectations.  Manta, you also had to know the Jets weren't going to be all that great this year, so why remind Jets fans of it constantly?  It's almost like going to a Houston Astros fansite and ripping on them daily...kind of pointless.    

7's not the one going into other threads and constantly cackling about what a joke other teams are. We're not entitled to be a touch homeristic in a Jets thread? Someone needs to grow up here and it ain't 7.

I think the point here is that Tennessee decided to use Benny Hill to intro the Jets, which is kind of a douche move by the Titans TBH.  I mean, I don't go to live NFL games, is that a thing to do?  I get it if it was like, say, the Texans, but it's not like the Jets and Titans are division rivals.

That the point got lost in MANTATROLL (quickly getting up there with MANTABLOCK) land is another conversation entirely.

I think the point here is that Tennessee decided to use Benny Hill to intro the Jets, which is kind of a douche move by the Titans TBH.  I mean, I don't go to live NFL games, is that a thing to do?  I get it if it was like, say, the Texans, but it's not like the Jets and Titans are division rivals.

That the point got lost in MANTATROLL (quickly getting up there with MANTABLOCK) land is another conversation entirely.

They're just going along with the media/national meme for the last two years about the Jets being a joke and treating us as such.

And I don't remember us playing any satire music when we played the Bills last weekend. 

With that win over the Falcons, the Jets now pretty much own NY for the rest of this season.  Win was huge for a number of reasons, but even more so because now Week 7's matchup (against the Pats) has juice no matter what happens next week:

If the Pats lose and the Jets win, both teams will be 4-2 (goes without saying that this is the ideal scenario for the Jets), BUT

Pats win/Jets win or Pats lose/Jets lose:  Jets have shot to tie in standings with a win

Pats win/Jets lose:  Jets STILL can pull to within one game with a win

Week 5's win was huge because the Jet fans will be 100% into this game no matter what now. 

And at the very least, Jet fans should be very proud of what their team did yesterday...they didn't do it alone (Miami and NE got the ball rolling), but the Jets delivered the final death-blow to the Falcons' season.  They could've walked out of there saying "Well, we gave them a hell of a scare", but they said "fvck that, we can still win this thing!", and did.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976