Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msweet

Matteau is going with the team to Long Island

13 posts in this topic

Stefan Matteau is going with the team to Long Island as of now, but says he's been told nothing official about making team.

and he has to play in the games for his ELC year to get burned. # of team games don't matter so if he doesn't play but is on the trip, it dosen't count

Matteau has 5 games. If he plays 6, that contract year is lost.

I would bet on him playing tomorrow.

He probably hasn't made the team yet because Butler's still on waivers and Josefson's 'resting'. Or not, who knows...Lou seems to get jollies pulling last-minute roster shenanigans right before the season. And with our luck Josefson will be resting for months.

Edited by NJDevs4978

To be fair to Lou, it's not like anyone's had a ton of time to evaluate with this short porch of a training camp. This is going to be a wild season.

After he scores we absolutely must start a tradition of chanting "Matteau Matteau Matteau!!"

Thought Matteau fit right in tonight.. He's going to be a good player for us

Thought Matteau fit right in tonight.. He's going to be a good player for us
Yeah he didn't look out of place. I liked his energy.

Matteau was alright tonight. He did botch that pass to Kovy tonight.

He botched a couple passes, but they were nothing atrocious, just bad hope plays to the middle in the O zone. I definitely liked his physical play, wasn't too out of place, but things will be different come Tuesday. Philly's a way better team than NYI and they will have had some game experience in by the time they play us.

I like this kids game guys. Physical, big body, gets his scoring chances, not a liability, second on the team in shots for the first two games. I wouldnt mind wasting one year of his ELC if he continues to impress.

Edited by Zubie#8

I like this kids game guys. Physical, big body, gets his scoring chances, not a liability, second on the team in shots for the first two games. I wouldnt mind wasting one year of his ELC if he continues to impress.

I'm glad the Devils picked a guy with some "size" in last years draft, Lou and the boy's were drafting a lot of smaller players (forwards) over the years, and if those small guys dont score...they're basically useless, at least with Matteau he can add those other elements to the game.