Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smelly

RUMOR: Gomez to Ducks

32 posts in this topic

per team twitter, not official

No confirmation anywhere. Still ongoing.

Edited by DevilMinder
title

Oh well, there goes that idea.

Edit: Or not? Thanks for lying, OP. No such post on ANA twitter feed. TG confirms that Devils are interested in Gomez still.

Edited by iamtheprodigy

No it's not.

This is why things need links. Ana twitter has nothing on it.

Edited by Devils731

did this rumor come from Єklund (2.3% accurate) over at hockeybuzz? we all know how accurate he is ;)

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

You have got to be kidding me!!!! How the F did this happen? The guy hasn't scored a goal in 5 years and now there's a bidding war for his services????

Gomez has never been about scoring goals. His game is assisting. He had one fluke year here where he hit 30. Most of his goal #'s his whole career are in the teens.

Frankly, I'd rather take a shot with Gomez as 3rd or 4th line center compared what we have now.

Worst case scenario we waive him.

Acquire Gomez. Package him with teddy and some D to Ana for Ryan.

If you were Anaheim, would you do that?

If you were Anaheim, would you do that?

If I was controlling the Devils in NHL 13 and had trade override enabled, yep.

Gomez has never been about scoring goals. His game is assisting. He had one fluke year here where he hit 30. Most of his goal #'s his whole career are in the teens.

Frankly, I'd rather take a shot with Gomez as 3rd or 4th line center compared what we have now.

Worst case scenario we waive him.

I'm just amazed that there are so many teams interested in this guy...

gomez-milk-carton.jpg?w=480

2566574_460s.jpg

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Think I'd just like to mention to ALWAYS INCLUDE LINKS IN POSTS

Free talent is hard to get, and every team thinks they can turn around a former All-Star. Remember the Habs traded for him because centers are so hard to find to begin with.

I'm just amazed that there are so many teams interested in this guy...

I'm not surprised. Lots of teams need help down the middle. Yes, he disappeared in Montreal. It's Montreal though. That's the pressure cooker of the NHL. The Blues, a cup contender, gave Wade Redden a shot. Gomez is 33 and could very well find his game. He could be a steal on the cheap if he can find the right fit.

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchukindunkin

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

Gomez-Josefson-Tedenby

Bernier-Gionta-Carter

Once Henrique is back. I dig, it.

hahaha "gomez sweepstakes"

It is telling that everyone and their grandmother is rushing to sign Gomez and there hasn't been one peep on the Sykora front, after all the kvetching over our not signing him.

It is telling that everyone and their grandmother is rushing to sign Gomez and there hasn't been one peep on the Sykora front, after all the kvetching over our not signing him.

Good point. No one knows what the status on Sykora is. Haven't even heard or seen his name for over a week it seems. Since the day his agent came out and said Petr will be playing in the NHL this season.

Oh well, there goes that idea.

Edit: Or not? Thanks for lying, OP. No such post on ANA twitter feed. TG confirms that Devils are interested in Gomez still.

The OP didn't lie, he just handled this post incredibly sloppily. My guess is that he read the article on Yahoo sports that has this link in it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealKyper/status/292673809763401728#!/RealKyper/status/292673809763401728

Apparently the Ducks and Sharks have or had expressed interested in Gomez. I'd suggest the OP be more careful in both reading, repeating, and posting in the future, but I doubt there was any malicious intent here bud.

The OP says confirmed by team twitter. Some guy created a tweet saying Gomez was signed and Ana team twitter confirmed it but people didn't actually check the teams twitter to verify the guys tweet was real.

You know i wonder if the players (gomez & redden) have a handshake agreement with their prior teams that they would buy them out as long as they went out west