Daniel

OOT Thread

1,106 posts in this topic

So much for the "for real" Islanders.  Three losses in a row (outscored 11-3), 0-17 on the power play in those games, 5-for-8 on the penalty kill.  They're averaging 3.4 GAPG on the season.   

I would rather see the Isles have success compared to the Rags.

Anyone watching the islanders game? There is no one at the game

Mark Fraser is a league leading +11...wow.

...and as Triumph predicted the Islanders could not sustain their special teams play and now have fallen back down to earth. They are awful 5 on 5.

Edited by Zubie#8

...and as Triumph predicted the Islanders could not sustain their special teams play and now have fallen back down to earth. They are awful 5 on 5.

Or more like they sustained their special teams play but fell back to earth anyway. :lol:

islanders 4 for 5 on the power play tonight. dp looked horrible

Well except for tonight! Haha their powerplay was bad since they played us...up until tonight.

Is Jack Capuano getting ready to audition for Flock of Seagulls?  What's going on with that hairdo?  

Is Jack Capuano getting ready to audition for Flock of Seagulls?  What's going on with that hairdo?  

Gotta love the accent.

Flyers got wiped up again tonight, this time by Toronto.  Lost 2-5. Awesome

. Ya know what, good for Mark Fraser. I was one of his biggest critics, I bagged on him all the time when he was here. But he was a really good dude, and its always good to see good people who work hard succeed. Maybe he's found a home in Toronto. He's playing good hockey.

Btw, who had David Clarkson getting mentioned in the Hart conversation and Mark Fraser leading the league in +/- through 11 games? Anyone? Anyone? :P

. Ya know what, good for Mark Fraser. I was one of his biggest critics, I bagged on him all the time when he was here. But he was a really good dude, and its always good to see good people who work hard succeed. Maybe he's found a home in Toronto. He's playing good hockey.

I never had a problem with him, kept quiet, played good hockey for us even though he wasnt anything special, and stuck up for his teammates. So you are correct, it is good to see a guy like that have a nice run.

Poor Parise has one point in his last seven games with the Wild struggling to put up points. Good thing they have good goaltending. Imagine if Suter continues this bad stretch and the Wild buy him out in the future, I bet Parise wont be happy about that. :giggle:

Suter's contract is one of the worst signed in any sport.

Edited by Zubie#8

I never had a problem with him, kept quiet, played good hockey for us even though he wasnt anything special, and stuck up for his teammates. So you are correct, it is good to see a guy like that have a nice run.

Poor Parise has one point in his last seven games with the Wild struggling to put up points. Good thing they have good goaltending. Imagine if Suter continues this bad stretch and the Wild buy him out in the future, I bet Parise wont be happy about that. :giggle:

An awful contract, but rare in sports that you see such a bad deal that so many teams were willing to do...with some offering a lot more.

I'm chuckling too, but it's only been 12 games, and they're 6-5-1.  Could be a lot worse, though they are having a hell of a time scoring goals lately (7 in their last 6 games, when phantom shootout goals are eliminated). 

Strange the Blue Jackets would let Howson trade Nash,their franchise player, if he was only one bad start away from being fired. Hopefully whoever comes in can make some progress there. Sucks to see that franchise do so poorly for so long.

And of course Boston comes all the way back to tie the Rangers only to lose in a shootout so both teams get points. Thanks Boston you useless fvcksticks.

literally the worst-case scenario between these two teams.damn

flyers too fvck

Part of Suter's contract was the tax for getting Parise, since he actually syphoned some of the $100 million plus the Wild initially offered so they could each get the same amount.

literally the worst-case scenario between these two teams.damn

flyers too fvck

Yeah tonight was the hockey equivalent of a steaming pile of sh!t.