OOT Thread

Daniel

Marty St. Louis has been my favorite non-Devils player for a very long time. Dude's a first ballot HOF'er.

Don't know if he's a first-ballot guy, but if you throw out his first four NHL seasons (200 GP, 38 G, 57 A, 95 Pts), he put up some impressive offensive numbers for the Dead Puck Era (777 GP, 301 G, 514 A, 815 Pts), and in the last 9 seasons, the guy played in all 82 games seven times, 80 another season, and 77 in the other.  He hasn't missed a game this season, so he's played in 777 out of 784 regular season games since the '02-'03 season, and been productive to boot.  Hard not to be impressed by that...don't know if it's HOF-worthy, but he's had a terrific career.

Marty St. Louis has been my favorite non-Devils player for a very long time. Dude's a first ballot HOF'er.

Don't know if he's a first-ballot guy, but if you throw out his first four NHL seasons (200 GP, 38 G, 57 A, 95 Pts), he put up some impressive offensive numbers for the Dead Puck Era (777 GP, 301 G, 514 A, 815 Pts), and in the last 9 seasons, the guy played in all 82 games seven times, 80 another season, and 77 in the other.  He hasn't missed a game this season, so he's played in 777 out of 784 regular season games since the '02-'03 season, and been productive to boot.  Hard not to be impressed by that...don't know if it's HOF-worthy, but he's had a terrific career.

You're right, maybe first ballot is a little strong- but he's a HOF'er. And a HOF'er is a HOF'er to me. He's had a hell of a career and it 'aint over.

You're right, maybe first ballot is a little strong- but he's a HOF'er. And a HOF'er is a HOF'er to me. He's had a hell of a career and it 'aint over.

He probably needs to do it a bit longer...put up over 1000 points...but like you say, he's still going.  His career is a little weird, in that he didn't hit his stride until relatively late...not until he was 27.  Hurts him from the compiling/points milestones standpoint.  And his overall numbers are less impressive when you don't start with the 2002-03 season...that's why I took those first four seasons out.  Averaging better than a PPG over the last decade is no small feat...not too many players do that.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Too bad Khabi isn't getting the shutout...that would have been sweet.

CBJ

6-0 Edmonton lmfao.  At least worst-case they face Chicago if Detroit wins tomorrow, but they could still choke it away entirely with another loss at Colorado and a Columbus win against Nashville.

I'm praying for the latter.  Go CBJ and Avs!

Mr. 98 million is a minus 3 through two periods with the playoffs on the line...how shocking.

Zach Parise

47 GP, 17 G, 20 A, 37 P, +2 -- contract 2012-13: $12M

Patrik Elias

47 GP, 14 G, 22 A, 36 P, +6 -- contract 2012-13: $5M

Not that anyone's comparing

Zach Parise

47 GP, 17 G, 20 A, 37 P, +2 -- contract 2012-13: $12M

Patrik Elias

47 GP, 14 G, 22 A, 36 P, +6 -- contract 2012-13: $5M

Not that anyone's comparing

we all knew that contract would be an albatross eventually, looks like it might be happening early  :whistling:

A lot of people were wrong about Parenteau, but apparently Lou did go after him according to Sterio in the Elias thread, he just couldn't wait around for Parise :P

well Lou obviously kicked the tires asking what he was looking for, I dont know how much interest there was really and everything. It's a GMs job to at least know who's asking what. But i wish he would have signed in NJ. I see him every summer his brother plays for the university team in Moncton and PM lives hereduring summer usually, at some point this winter he was playing in a beer league around here lol can you imagine.

Edited by SterioDesign

godamnit... if Zach would have twitter he'd have fun getting back to all those "have fun watching us during the playoffs from your couch" he got when he signed in minny.

eh they'll just get 4 extra games congrats to them. I just feel bad for #Lumbus :( 

eh they'll just get 4 extra games congrats to them. I just feel bad for #Lumbus :( 

How could you feel bad for a team on the verge of making the playoffs... Getting 3 first round pick this year i a deep draft and joining our division next season.... ? They might crush us and bump us out of the playoffs for years

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, the Rangers have 9 guys on the ice, and the Caps get a penalty?

Because the Rangers played the puck, according to Pierre. Would that not make the Rangers the guilty party?

This league lol. Just a joke.

i was so confused by this, and it was never explained was it?? wtf