Daniel

OOT Thread

1,106 posts in this topic

Capitals defensive coverage looks beyond pathetic. Carlsson and Alzner look like they're playing with a hangover.

I've wondered the same thing. The only thing somewhat resembling an explanation came from a Rangers fan on HF last spring saying the Garden faithful were all pitching in to buy Parise. I'm sure it was just a lame joke that he didn't realize encapsulated exactly why the Rangers are a pitiful franchise, but all the same, it's the only attempt I've ever seen to explain it.

Anyone else have any ideas?

For the unaware, you can see it in the background of this pic from last night:

Bruins_Rangers_Hockey_106462_team.jpg

And some from last spring:

11032287-standard.jpg

11032277-standard.jpg

Pretty sure they are 2 dollar bills, and they pit them around and behind the goals on both sides, since $2 bills are considered lucky, so they did it to pretty much bring luck to the team.

It didn't work, as shown in games 2 and 5

Edited by snartly

I just cheered for a Wayne Simmonds goal...what is wrong with me?

Pretty sure they are 2 dollar bills, and they pit them around and behind the goals on both sides, since $2 bills are considered lucky, so they did it to pretty much bring luck to the team.

It didn't work, as shown in games 2 and 5

That's probably the best answer I've heard so far. Thanks!

5-on-3 Rags for 2, nothing. 5-on-4 for 2, nothing. 2-1 Flyers it remains, 6:20 left.

Wait a minute... So the Rangers play the WORST and most tactically unsound Flyers in almost 10 years, an 0-2 team missing guys like Briere and Hartnell from the lineup, and lose 2-1?

If the Rags actually signed more good depth players like Taylor Pyatt instead of trying to create a super-duper line then they might be off to a better start.

Wait a minute... So the Rangers play the WORST and most tactically unsound Flyers in almost 10 years, an 0-2 team missing guys like Briere and Hartnell from the lineup, and lose 2-1?
Pretty hilarious huh? The only thing funnier is one of my friends who's a Phailures fan thinks this game will spark them. I love laughing at these two loser franchises.

Tarasenko again. That's his 4th. He was all alone on that one and Rinne had no chance.

The Flyers were way overdue for a win against the Rangers, the Rangers swept them all six games last year I think.

Capitals look god awful, absolutely no system.

thats what i saw too the other day, its horrible how its obvious that there's no structure to their play at all.

that being said i hope we don't lose tomorrow or we dont have excuses at all haha

Watching Yotes Sharks and they are talking to Gomez. He was talking about a game where he and I didn't hear who else were healthy scratches for a deal to San Jose for Selanne