Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coorslight

GDT: New Jersey Gionta @ Montreal Gionta

216 posts in this topic

Today despite the whole team playing bad I think that the lack of scoring forwards was very clear. Kovy didn't have a good game and it immediately looked like half of our attack was not there. Elias, Zajac, Zubrus and Clarkson were all decent, but it wasn't enough.

We need a top 6 forward. Even with Henrique in the lineup we will need one.

Other than that, the whole team was sloppy especially in our end. I can't put a number on how many times we gave the puck to Montreal.

Now I'm going to have to take sh!t from all the HABS fan for a week or so. :glare: Still we played so bad and they played the best they've played in a while IMO and we still got the point our of them.

Edited by SS-SS

This whole season it seems like the refs are calling EVERYTHING. Since the flyers game it seems there is nothing but a steady march to the penalty box for both teams.

Bettman and Co totally are sold on the idea that more penalties means more offense, therefore more viewership. Like I've said before, penalties were down to their lowest point in like a decade or something. Take a look at NHL.com. They have an article talking about how penalties are up now. I'm sure the Refs have a directive to play everything close in the interest of "making the game more exciting." Plus, they keep adding more stupid penalties every off-season. This season if you put your hand over the puck anywhere it's a penalty.

I could have sworn the bad clear at the beginning of the third was Josefson?

You could be right. Wasn't sure who blindly backhanded it.

This whole season it seems like the refs are calling EVERYTHING. Since the flyers game it seems there is nothing but a steady march to the penalty box for both teams.

Everything...except diving :P It's especially galling when it's a guy who's a known diver.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Everything...except diving :P It's especially galling when it's a guy who's a known diver.

All the hockey guys on my twitter are evn saying that was a brutal call.

Speaking of brutal calls, please someone post the video of al trautwig brutal call freak out from last year. I think it is very appropriate now.

Erik Cole: diver, cheap shot artist, spoiled millionaire. For a guy who came back from a broken neck he is really unlikeable.

he's been doing that sh!t since Carolina. Huge diver and a dirty player

Another reason I hate that organization. They breed divers like no other team.

Was happy with getting one point UNTIL that dive by cole. Did not want to lose off of a bullsh!t play like that. The refs have been absolutely brutal these past two games.

Same here, I would've been fine walking away with 1 point if the game didn't end because of a horrible call.

All the hockey guys on my twitter are evn saying that was a brutal call.

Speaking of brutal calls, please someone post the video of al trautwig brutal call freak out from last year. I think it is very appropriate now.

jesus christ am i ever paying the price for my troll-ness right now

oops :giggle: that'll learn ya

:unsure: I've sammied again....

Edited by Pepperkorn

Gary Bettman is doing to the NHL what David Stern did to the NBA. Add all these penalties, take out the physicality. Players are now strategizing on hwo to draw calls instead of playing the game. Hence you have Cole with the dive. BTW, diving, despite the warnings, rarely ever gets called.

Brutal call cost us. Not happy about it, but I am happy we gutted out a point in a game we twice trailed by 2 goals. On to Boston. We owe them one or two for last year.

Brutal call cost us. Not happy about it, but I am happy we gutted out a point in a game we twice trailed by 2 goals. On to Boston. We owe them one or two for last year.

BRUTAL CALL

I dont see it as a dive -- Andy stopped him - stopped him fair and square not tripped with a stick - he hussled his ass and got there and because some stupid fvck thought it couldn't be done and stopped watching he gets a BS penalty. Dive who gives a fvck but someone doing their job right and getting dicked over for it by the ref is what's BS to me. Embellishing is part of the game - but this even if embellished what brought Cole down was fair.

Am I wrong? or am I being too detail oriented or -- it's just a game who cares? ^_^ Seriously though -- did I not see it right?

I always expect an answer... :rolleyes:

Edited by Pepperkorn

That was not a 3 on 1 - Markov came back and was gaining on Zidlicky, passing it to him could've gone wrong for sure. I like the shot attempt by Kovalchuk. If he passed it and something went wrong, we'd hear about how he passes it too much.

Josefson had a bad game - the awful clear that led to goal #3 and a lot of other mistakes

Bad call at the end but whatever, Devils were only 55% chance to win the game at that point, can't get too upset. Should've been able to kill it off, I was surprised they used Elias and not Zajac for the final kill.

Lucky to get a point here, Brodeur was very good, defense struggled all night - looks like the lack of forechecking is exposing the defense a bit, something that has to concern Lou and DeBoer a great deal.

Still think it was a 3-on-1. I like Kovy shooting more on 2-on-1s, but, I also want to see the goalie having to move a bit in that situation. On another note, would really like to see Larsson get in there soon.

are you guys seriously daring blaming that loss on bad calls? The guys played like sh!t they softly threw the puck to montreal ALL GAME LONG.

wow lol take off those blinders guys. Even Elias said we didnt deserve that win. was a disgrace on the ice

Still think it was a 3-on-1. I like Kovy shooting more on 2-on-1s, but, I also want to see the goalie having to move a bit in that situation. On another note, would really like to see Larsson get in there soon.

If they put in Larsson Tuesday it better be for Volchenkov. The guy's literally been on the ice for every single goal against this year.

Question: Why Cam Janssen? Why not Butler or Darche?

Darche'll be playing soon enough when Matteau gets sent back down in the next few days (and he is getting sent down, they aren't keeping him up here to play >10 minutes a night). Of course we'll still have to deal with Cam/Barch for a while because of our one-dimensional goon fetish.

If they put in Larsson Tuesday it better be for Volchenkov. The guy's literally been on the ice for every single goal against this year.

Agreed, and let Tallinder take Volchenkov's spot on the PK.

are you guys seriously daring blaming that loss on bad calls? The guys played like sh!t they softly threw the puck to montreal ALL GAME LONG.

wow lol take off those blinders guys. Even Elias said we didnt deserve that win. was a disgrace on the ice

Who cares? What Blinders? Guess what? It was 3-3 with 1 minute to go in OT. The Devils didn't benefit from BS calls or sh!tty goaltending. It's easy for Elias to say that because the team didn't play well, and their goalie bailed them out at times, but they still had it 3-3 before Cole dove (used a veteran move to bate the ref or whatever you want to call it). So everyone here has a right to be pissed off at how it ended.

It isn't like we are blaming Brodeur for letting in a bad goal or Kovy for hitting the post.

Question: Why Cam Janssen? Why not Butler or Darche?

Good point. Our goons haven't even fought this year. I would rather see Butler come up and Matteau go down. As for Darche, still up in the air, he has to be doing awfully mediocre to be hanging in no mans land for this long.

Oh I agree. The team was totally balls all night. That's why I said in the chat that it looked like they finally stopped playing like they were in the playoffs. No forecheck, no physical play, botched assignments.

However, that doesn't negate the fact that that was a bad call. However, the bad call didn't cause us to lose, the poor play caused us to lose.

Who cares? What Blinders? Guess what? It was 3-3 with 1 minute to go in OT. The Devils didn't benefit from BS calls or sh!tty goaltending. It's easy for Elias to say that because the team didn't play well, and their goalie bailed them out at times, but they still had it 3-3 before Cole dove (used a veteran move to bate the ref or whatever you want to call it). So everyone here has a right to be pissed off at how it ended.

It isn't like we are blaming Brodeur for letting in a bad goal or Kovy for hitting the post.

it was the right call, he had his arm around him and was holding him, maybe Cole embelished it but it was still a penalty.

take the loss like men and deal with it. The team played horrible and thats it.