Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coorslight

GDT: New Jersey Gionta @ Montreal Gionta

216 posts in this topic

With Henrique almost back, Matteau probably going back to Blainville-Boisbriand, I wouldn't mind seeing Darche signed and Butler called up and trying something like this:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson

Darche-Josefson-Bernier/Butler

Carter-Gionta-Butler/Bernier

Keep Tedenby, Barch, and Janssen off the ice as much as possible. I'd like to see the Zuburs-Elias-Clarkson line get some more time together and Henrique should slot in nicely with Zajac and Kovalchuk.

Sterio -- you misunderstand.

We're bitching about a bad call. I think everyone agrees the loss falls soundly on the team itself.

it was the right call, he had his arm around him and was holding him, maybe Cole embelished it but it was still a penalty.

take the loss like men and deal with it. The team played horrible and thats it.

I think you're overreacting a bit. No one is pinning this loss solely on that, we know the Devils didn't play that well for the most part tonight. The bottom line is Cole grabbed Greene's arm and dove and it ended up helping Montreal win in a bitter way. It's not like he isn't a well known diver. People should be able to get upset at that without being accused of having blinders. Obviously, the Devils should have played better to avoid being in that situation but it is what it is. In a way both teams walked away with a point that neither of them deserved tonight so I'll take it.

When Henrique comes back I don't see Elias staying at center. We'll probably see

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

CGBG

Butler-JJ-Darche

it was the right call, he had his arm around him and was holding him, maybe Cole embelished it but it was still a penalty.

take the loss like men and deal with it. The team played horrible and thats it.

Sure you are just pissed because the crap you are it will be getting from your Canadians fans friends?

With Henrique almost back, Matteau probably going back to Blainville-Boisbriand, I wouldn't mind seeing Darche signed and Butler called up and trying something like this:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson

Darche-Josefson-Bernier/Butler

Carter-Gionta-Butler/Bernier

Keep Tedenby, Barch, and Janssen off the ice as much as possible. I'd like to see the Zuburs-Elias-Clarkson line get some more time together and Henrique should slot in nicely with Zajac and Kovalchuk.

That's cute. And by the way that makes way too much sense, but we are seeing one of Janssen and Barch all year like last season with Janssen/Boulton. And if we are lucky, we might even get both of them in the lineup together for double the fake fights. There is a reason Lou signed Barch to a two-year deal after how awful the Peters/Boulton multi-year deals went. That reason is unknown to us. These guys are playing sadly. End of story.

In camp DeBoer commented on moving Elias back to the wing and keeping Henrique at center when he comes back but I felt that the Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson line showed enough to let them work together for a run of games. We'll see what happens. I really prefer Elias at center and Henrique on the wing - I just don't see Henrique being a center for the majority of his career.

Regardless, something has to happen in addition to getting Henrique and Darche in there. I love the fourth line when they aren't the third line and it's a waste to have Josefson on the current fourth line.

Sure you are just pissed because the crap you are it will be getting from your Canadians fans friends?

no im just not hypocrite, it's so typical and i hate when people whine after a bad call but don't say a word or laugh about it when it goes your way (like against Washington)

i'm not even sure it was a bad call, green really got his arm around him, if Cole grabbed him or wtv his arm was still there at first.

Was an horrible game and im just glad we somehow got a point out of it

That's cute. And by the way that makes way too much sense, but we are seeing one of Janssen and Barch all year like last season with Janssen/Boulton. And if we are lucky, we might even get both of them in the lineup together for double the fake fights. There is a reason Lou signed Barch to a two-year deal after how awful the Peters/Boulton multi-year deals went. That reason is unknown to us. These guys are playing sadly. End of story.

Sadly I agree, I just wanted to throw out my utopian view. At least when it comes time for Lou to buy out his annual enforcer that he signed to a 2 year deal, he can use an amnesty buyout on Barch so they won't carry the cap hit. Then he can go and sign another enforcer to a 2 year deal.

I criticized Sam Rosen on the Rags HFBoards and an admin deleted my post. Two sentences...no curses or anything.

jesus christ this is such a bad night. trying to get over that game and all im hearing is all my habs friends fans giving me sh!t and my Wild fan buddy telling me how awesome parise is...

i need a drink

Penalty was crap just like their effort in the first period.

It caught up with them.

Montreal looks a bit better than last year but whatever we made them look a lot sweeter than they are.

Take the point and move on.

God please let us beat Boston for once on Tuesday! :pray:

Sterio you are willing to call it right. NJD didn't reallyearned the right to the benefit of the doubt on the late calls

I am happy with 1 point, now if we can get at least another point in Boston I will be thrilled.

jesus christ this is such a bad night. trying to get over that game and all im hearing is all my habs friends fans giving me sh!t and my Wild fan buddy telling me how awesome parise is...

i need a drink

Ugh, he has two more tonight? fvck. /:

I am happy with 1 point, now if we can get at least another point in Boston I will be thrilled.

No way. I want a rout of Boston. Marty posts a shutout and we tag Rask for at least 5. Also, unrelated,when do we see Moose? Not until a back to back?

No way. I want a rout of Boston. Marty posts a shutout and we tag Rask for at least 5. Also, unrelated,when do we see Moose? Not until a back to back?

They pretty much toyed with us last year, I would love a win but I am not nearly as optimistic as you. I would want Moose in this game though.

I don't give us much chance against Boston especially if we come out like we did tonight.

I don't give us much chance against Boston especially if we come out like we did tonight.

playing like tonight we couldnt even win a peewee game. God was it ever awful

who the fvck gave that perfect passe tape to tape to Bourque for a breakaway ? that was the worst of the game, thank god he didnt score

really glad i didnt make a 10 hrs trip to montreal and got a super expensive ticket... if i would have went through all that trouble and that they would have gave that performance in front of me live... i would have never forgive them hahaha

Edited by SterioDesign

BRUTAL CALL

That was gold. Absolute gold. One of the biggest highlights of the regular season last year.

im absolutely not all doom and gloom right now. But after tonight watching how slow our D was and how we struggle to get offence or anything. It's still early but we simply CANT afford to keep 8 dmen and sit 2 each game. Especially not 2 with way fresher legs than anyone else on D.

It's simple one loss in OT im not panicking but we need to address a few problem and fast. A bad streak this year and its over.

I am concerned that teams are going to start becoming used to playing pretty soon and I don't want to have the first two games be representative of the Devils at their highest level.

jesus christ am i ever paying the price for my troll-ness right now

Good luck this week, Sterio.

Good luck this week, Sterio.

lol meh it sucks but i simply have to send a few facts and stats their way and they have nothing to add other than dumb comments.