GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins

NJCroMag

Tonight, the Devils will engage the Boston Bruins in a match of "iced hockey." Ever hear of it? Neither have I. Therefore, I have turned to the good people of Wikipedia for assistance:

Ice hockey is a team sport played on ice, in which skaters use wooden or composite sticks to shoot a hard rubber hockey puck into their opponent's net to score points. In the United States and Canada, where the sport is very popular, it is known simply as "hockey"; however, the name ice hockey is used by their own governing body (IIHF) and in most other countries. There the word hockey is generally reserved for another form of the sport, such as field hockey or roller hockey. The game is played between two teams with six players (five skaters and a goalie) on the ice. A team usually consists of four lines of three forwards, three pairs of defensemen, and two goalies. Five members of each team skate up and down the ice trying to take the puck and score a goal against the opposing team. Each team has a goaltender who tries to stop the puck from going into the goal or "net."

A fast-paced physical sport, hockey is most popular in areas of North America (particularly in Canada and northern parts of the United States) and Europe that are sufficiently cold for natural reliable seasonal ice cover. With the advent of indoor artificial ice rinks hockey has become a year-round pastime in some areas. In North America, the National Hockey League (NHL) is the highest level for men, and the most popular. It is the official national winter sport of Canada,[1] where the game enjoys immense popularity. The first organized game was played on March 3, 1875, in Montreal, Canada.

There's more, but in the interest of space, I have chosen not to paste it here. I humbly ask for your forgiveness.

It's tough to envision exactly what we should expect to see tonight, but I imagine it's something like this:

Good_old_days_of_ice_hockey.png

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna put this here instead of making a new thread, thoughts on this type of pic for each player as a way of making line combo's in future GDT's.

clarkson.jpgclarkson.jpgclarkson.jpg

Obviously would be different players, maybe a bit smaller too now that I'm looking at it. Let me know. Also I'm not sure I can host them all on imageshack and use them in every GDT. Meaning, IDK if imageshack will start to say bandwidth has been exceeded. I will obviously make anything I create available to whoever is making the GDT.

A little twist, not all caps and stats are centered.

henriquej.jpg

Also used different font.

I'm open to all suggestions. Font etc....only thing I wouldn't want to do would be putting Goals, assists, points type stats in because then it would have to be changed after every game. I kind of like just the basic stats.

Again, IDK if you post it a certain amount of times if imageshack will start not allowing it to be displayed.

A little twist, not all caps and stats are centered.

henriquej.jpg

Also used different font.

I'm open to all suggestions. Font etc....only thing I wouldn't want to do would be putting Goals, assists, points type stats in because then it would have to be changed after every game. I kind of like just the basic stats.

Again, IDK if you post it a certain amount of times if imageshack will start not allowing it to be displayed.

I like this idea.

My suggestion would be to maybe cut down the opacity of the Devils logo background to maybe 50-70% and use a black font.