GDT: Devils vs Islanders (7PM 1/31)

Onddeck

I'll take the one point - still some ugliness that needs to be worked out (and good god, I'm afraid that Salvador is going to be Jack Johnson esque from now forward). Larsson needs to play. Some real good forechecking shifts though, hadn't seen much of that all year, I hope the Devils can keep it going against teams that use 6 NHL defensemen instead of 4.

And whats more shocking is the Islanders seem to be real..

I always thought the Isles had the pieces, at least offensively, to make some noise. They just needed time to grow and develop. Imagine if they were gifted 1st overall picks during their rebuild like Pittsburgh and Edmonton..yikes

And I avoid hfboards at all costs after a loss. These boards occasionally get sorta bad after rival losses...on hf you'd think the Devils were a lottery team after a loss to an insignificant western conference team.

I can't decide if Marty drank three bottles of NyQuil before the game or if he was playing with a field hockey stick all night. Perhaps someone who was at the game can enlighten me. God that game was frustrating.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

He was except for that tip in our own net...

Larsson was great tonight.

If Salvador is going to be Jack Johnson, perhaps we can trade him for Jeff Carter.

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

Just got back from the Rock. Great crowd, okay game, but we didn't deserve to win that and were lucky to get the one point. If the Isles were at least halfway decent on D we would have gotten blown out. The Devs seemed to be just going through the motions, and weren't great tonight. Patty was off, Marty was way off and Kovy.. Well.. meh. Gotta bounce back Saturday. Please get rid of Tallinder. Package him in a deal with Teddy and get a goal scorer.

The game was fun, kudos to the devils for setting up the picture on the ice after the game for season ticket holders. It was well organized and went a lot faster then I thought it was going to.

No kidding, I was really scared I'd be stuck there over an hour and the parking lot would close. As it was, I was the next to last car out of my lot though I made it with twenty minutes to spare. But yeah the Devils moved it along well and also let you take other personal pictures from ice level without shooing you off after the net picture.

I was impressed there were that many people there really, with all of two days' notice, plus I figured most people would have the picture done next Saturday.

I thought they were fine, maybe even good, 5 on 5. Alot of people don't remember how they played last season. They do not play D well, especially when the other team can hold on to the puck and win faceoffs.

PK killed them dead. It was really bad, open guys (alot down low) all over the place. The one they killed off was brutal, 8-10 shots. Didn't win any faceoffs either. They had no chance of killing off a 4 on 3 with the lineup they had out there anyway.

Just got back from the Rock. Great crowd, okay game, but we didn't deserve to win that and were lucky to get the one point. If the Isles were at least halfway decent on D we would have gotten blown out. The Devs seemed to be just going through the motions, and weren't great tonight. Patty was off, Marty was way off and Kovy.. Well.. meh. Gotta bounce back Saturday. Please get rid of Tallinder. Package him in a deal with Teddy and get a goal scorer.

The only thing I would add is Barch is a solid hockey player. Volchenkov looks like he is skating in mud. Edited by hystyk28

Barch is okay. For what he does. He was playing with Anderson and Anderson was a nervous wreck, it made him look better. I would rather not have that type of player play at all, but their roster is so damn thin right now that I guess he has to.

He just looks so much better than our previous tough guys. Janssen Boutlon PL3 Peters.