GDT: Devils vs Islanders (7PM 1/31)

Onddeck

Peters was just the worst. The man was terrible at everything.

Good God. I can't believe they ever let Peters on the ice at all. My grandma could skate faster and she would probably be better at fights too. They could literally take any tall, overweight guy from the stands and have him gear up with Peters' equipment and nobody would notice the difference.

Good God. I can't believe they ever let Peters on the ice at all. My grandma could skate faster and she would probably be better at fights too. They could literally take any tall, overweight guy from the stands and have him gear up with Peters' equipment and nobody would notice the difference.

I apologize for bringing back awful memories. :thumbsup:

I'm going to wait until game 10 until I start freaking out.

For now Im just going to say this was another disappointment.

Stay out of the friggin box.

Sorry, the Devils should have beaten Boston & the Isles tonight.

You're going to freak out over a record of 3-0-3 with the team only leading the division and being two points out of first in the conference with a game in hand? They could have been 6-0 if not for two overtime penalties (one of which was a bad call on Greene) and a shootout that can always go either way. Your ridiculous post and username show how spoiled some of our fanbase really is. Thank you for reminding me why I never bother reading gameday threads after a loss.

I remember this guy. He is going to reply to everyone tomorrow in his weird paragraph format about how he is always frustrated after a loss and how he takes everything personally and how the team must be perfect every game. Get ready, :e-drama:

Edited by Zubie#8

Losing in OT sucks, but it brings two positive things though:

1) pissing other Eastern teams off

2) better than losing in regulation

The better part is this team is capable of fighting back despite trailing. Once Kovy gets super hot and we will be able to fight back and finish them off (hopefully).

As frustrating as last night was, for a variety of reasons, I think this is one of those times where you step back and say "Things really aren't so bad."

No regulation losses.

A 3-0-3 start despite 1) not having Henrique in the lineup (until last night), 2) having to recover from Zach (and Poni) leaving, 3) Kovy not in one of his hot streaks, and 4) Tedenby falling flat on his face, and quite possibly out of the Devils' plans.

And last night, four new goal scorers, Henrique included.

Not saying everything is rosy, but it's far from gloom-and-doom. If they get a split this weekend, I'll take it.

Islanders are now 8-for-10 on their last 10 power plays...damn!

SMT3 was annoying last year. He'll be annoying this year. Kinda know what you're getting with him.

EDIT: one other downer...I know it's not all his fault, and I don't want to read TOO much into +/- this early, but with the exception of Janssen (-1 in three games), and Clarkson (-1), Josefson is the only other - player on the team, and he's a -4 to boot. It was one thing for Teddy to fail...sadly, I think we all knew he wasn't going to last for long, but it was worth giving him a shot. If Josefson struggles long-term, man, the Devils' forward situation gets that much dicier in a hurry.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

props to bernier on a sollid game and his linemates

the tavares line got the better of play this game, took some energy out of our top guys

patty looked off

cant be more happy with larrson, the backward crossovers into the grabner 1 on 1 was NHL-like and although he was a little chattery on his skates in the escape turn infront of his net. at least he attempted a nice speed move. PLAY THIS KID

and greenes defense on a full speed grabner is why I dont want to trade him, and he's slowly getting it on the PP

zid is crazy to watch, but you need skaters like that, he takes chances and the only other slap shot worth pairing w kovy

I for one am very impressed at the resilience of this team to come back. They never seem to give up when they are down and always get a point, even though they need to cut down on stupid passes causing penalties to have to be drawn. I'm more interested in how the team reacts to being down 2-0 then a 5 goal blow out. These types of character games will determine how far we will head in the playoffs.

Also, holy sh!t CBGB line!

Edited by ZeroGravityFat

Like everyone is saying, last night showed both positives and negatives. I find myself at fault as well with saying about how Marty made some not-so-smart plays to say the least, but it wasn’t all his fault that we lost the game. We had our chances. We just couldn’t capitalize on our shots. No puck luck as I like to say. But I love how resilient this team is. We were always behind, but we came back to tie each time. That has to give the team confidence.

I thought Henrique did splendid for his first game. He did provide more offense, I believe this was the first time we scored 4 goals. Didn’t expect him to be on the PP or PK. His appearance must have boosted the locker room in the some way, because it definitely boosted the crowd.

But as our offense is starting to get to together in some way, our defense was off a beat. I felt like Fayne’s disappearance kind of hindered that. Larsson did fine for his first game in a few weeks, but everyone is still getting the feel of things.

We got 9 out of 12 points. Tied for first in the Atlantic division. The Islanders are a force to be reckon with in the upcoming future. We just have to capitalize our chances, especially on the PP, and I think we will be fine. Saturday should be interesting.

Kinda knew after the first 5 minutes that this would be a game I'd be disappointed about afterwards. It started sloppy and continued that way for the rest of the game. An unusual poor night for Salvador, but I liked what Larsson did. I am pretty sure the Pens-game on Saturday will be much better, simply because it's the Penguins and we will always be "more ready" for them than for the Islanders. I believe the Islanders are not taken 100% seriously and there is a general sense that you can beat them without a full effort. Takes a few losses to realize this isn't so any more. But for Crosby and Malkin you always play your hardest game.

I remember this guy. He is going to reply to everyone tomorrow in his weird paragraph format about how he is always frustrated after a loss and how he takes everything personally and how the team must be perfect every game. Get ready, :e-drama:

Yep. One of those people should really watch something they actually enjoy, because hockey sure isn't it.

EDIT: one other downer...I know it's not all his fault, and I don't want to read TOO much into +/- this early, but with the exception of Janssen (-1 in three games), and Clarkson (-1), Josefson is the only other - player on the team, and he's a -4 to boot. It was one thing for Teddy to fail...sadly, I think we all knew he wasn't going to last for long, but it was worth giving him a shot. If Josefson struggles long-term, man, the Devils' forward situation gets that much dicier in a hurry.

The Islanders called time out before their power play in overtime. The Devils put one forward out on the ice to kill the penalty, even though, as a result of the timeout, all their players should have been rested. Who do you think that forward was?

The Islanders called time out before their power play in overtime. The Devils put one forward out on the ice to kill the penalty, even though, as a result of the timeout, all their players should have been rested. Who do you think that forward was?

Gee Tri, let me guess...

Hence, the reason I said I didn't want to read too much into his -4 rating to date. Like I said, clearly he's going to get as much of a chance as possible to stick up here, due to lack of forward depth (basically out of necessity). I don't blame the Devils for doing that, given the situation they're in. But like I said, IF he struggles long-term, not good for the Devils. They are clearly asking him (fairly or unfairly) to grow up in a hurry here.

Gee Tri, let me guess...

Hence, the reason I said I didn't want to read too much into his -4 rating to date. Like I said, clearly he's going to get as much of a chance as possible to stick up here, due to lack of forward depth (basically out of necessity). I don't blame the Devils for doing that, given the situation they're in. But like I said, IF he struggles long-term, not good for the Devils. They are clearly asking him (fairly or unfairly) to grow up in a hurry here.

You shouldn't be reading anything at all into his -4 rate. Anyone -4 after 6 games is having a bad run of luck.

When Henrique is healthy, assuming no injuries, Josefson'll probably be taken off the power play, but he'll be used on the shift right after like he was last season.

Edited by Triumph

You shouldn't be reading anything at all into his -4 rate. Anyone -4 after 6 games is having a bad run of luck.

When Henrique is healthy, assuming no injuries, Josefson'll probably be taken off the power play, but he'll be used on the shift right after like he was last season.

Anyone? C'mon, I'm sure there's been players who very much sucked their way to -4 ratings after 6 games, where their -4s weren't a result of bad luck. Not saying that Josefson is one of them.

Regardless, I see one guy who's +/- is considerably worse than everyone else's on the team, it raises a minor red flag, though a six-game sample isn't nearly enough to make a big deal out of it. The Devils need to know sooner than later what roles Josefson can fill for them, and due to a lot of circumstances, this is the time to find that out.