GDT: Devils vs Islanders (7PM 1/31)

Onddeck

I'm not getting on Brodeur, everyone is allowed an off night here and there but did anyone else think he seemed a bit uncomfortable tonight? Seemed to be constantly fighting off shots rather than stopping them with confidence. No big deal, he'll be fine, it happens to everyone during the year.

I thought the refs were pretty sh!tty towards both teams tonight. I hate when they call penalties in overtime, put the whistles away and let the players decide it.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Sorry, sh!tty give away, but what are the chances the Devils kill that penalty off anyway. The Isles had abused them all game anyway. I don't think Brodeur was good, but not many goals I'd pin on him.

He fought the puck all night. It was obvious he was off his game. The last 3 isles goals were uncharacteristic.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Their fourth goal was on larsson not marty and he didn't play after that either. He wasn't his best no but that wasn't om him no. Offense did what they had to..

Crazy game. Gotta give the Isles credit, they took the lead four (!) times. Marty clearly wasn't at his best, especially with the puck, the defense was shaky too... And am I the only one who immediately thought of Henrique's "The Goal" after the Isles scored in OT?

Guys gotta get their sh!t together, the weekend is gonna be intense. Games like this one happen from time to time, I'm sure they're gonna be more disciplined next time. I'm kind of pissed with all the OT losses, though on the flip side, at least we're still getting a point each time, still undefeated in regulation...

NJ lost a lot of faceoffs and I don't think Elias was all there tonight either. One positive is at least Clarkson and the 3rd line along with Barch showed up.

Faceoffs: Gionta 5-14, Josefson 2-7, and Elias 3-9. At least Zajac was 12-21.

I also liked Barch's game tonight. He showed he can actually be competent with the puck in the offensive zone and helped lead to a goal.