Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZeroGravityFat

GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers 7PM MSG+

174 posts in this topic

Unexpected short-side shots always go past Marty, I can remember quite a few in the past. Score again to take the momentum back, alright?

Maybe but I'm not sure about that. I've seen a bunch of goals scored on other goalies like that. Though I figured Marty would get those more often because he plays more of a stand-up/ hybrid style than butterfly.

Could you PM me that?

managed to figure it out :)

"Cult of Personality" during the timeout.

Look in my eyyyyyyyes, what do you see...the cult of Maaaaaaaaaaarty!

5-1-3, win #660 for Marty, further proof of ownership of the Rangers, yesssssss.

Damn I really wanted clarkson to get the hat trick. Oh we'll we won:)

Three stars:

1a - brodeur

1b - clarkson

2 - Elias

3 - larsson

I'm also sure every rags fan on the train home will bring up 1994, messier, and matteau and somehow think that's a good comeback for how the rags lost today.

Martyisth3b3st...would it kill you to post SOMETHING positive?  Oh, you just did, FINALLY, lol. 

Anyway, two things that are REALLY helping to take the heat off Ilya and Zajac not putting up the points:  the Devils being 5-1-3, and David Clarkson.  7 goals in 9 GP?!  Unbelievable.

Really wanted to see Clarkson get the Hatty but nice win. The only thing I noticed that I didn't like was forcing passes on the odd man rush. Would really like to see Elias shoot more.

Martyisth3b3st...would it kill you to post SOMETHING positive?  Oh, you just did, FINALLY, lol. 

Anyway, two things that are REALLY helping to take the heat off Ilya and Zajac not putting up the points:  the Devils being 5-1-3, and David Clarkson.  7 goals in 9 GP?!  Unbelievable.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of my favorite group of guys the Devils have ever played with. But on a team that is 5-1-3, there isn't a lot of negativity, for good reason too! I was just annoyed beyond words at how poorly they executed on the rush. I've seen too many leads blown, and a blown 3-goal-lead game against the Rangers would have had this place in meltdown central.

I'm thrilled with the win, sorry bub :)

Also, Kovalchuk is quietly having an awful start to the season. If the Devils are 3-5-3 or something, there is a thread named "Kovalchuk Distracted with KHL?" with 250 replies giving definitive proof of the fact.

He'll pick it up, but eek.

Another productive night for Elias and he just makes everybody around him producing even he turns 37 in couple months. Maybe shifting Elias to Kovalchuk might bring him out of the slump.

And it looks like Kovy as a Devil will ALWAYS have those frustrating streaks where we all wonder what the hell is going on, until he goes on one of his rampages that makes us all forget the latest frustrating streak.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of my favorite group of guys the Devils have ever played with. But on a team that is 5-1-3, there isn't a lot of negativity, for good reason too! I was just annoyed beyond words at how poorly they executed on the rush. I've seen too many leads blown, and a blown 3-goal-lead game against the Rangers would have had this place in meltdown central.

I'm thrilled with the win, sorry bub :)

It's all good, I understand where you're coming from.  I just get so giddy when they beat the Rangers, I tend not to see the bad things as much.

Also, not for nothing, but if Josefson had Clarkson's luck he'd be a 40 goal scorer.

1 person likes this

I actually thought kovy looked like he was turning the corner tonight. Not great by any standards but I noticed him alot more than previous games, and in a good way.

I don't think Kovy is really playing a bad game it's just, like the rest of the team, has a case of pass-itis