GDT New Jersey Devils vs. The Lightning 7pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

I never understood how there can be a penalty and a dive. It's an either or scenario. I think the refs just didn't want to make Tampa Bay look too bad.

I kind of see the point, the intent is to prevent guys from trying to draw a call. clarkson was over the top theatrically. that was adam west/william Shatner bad acting. you can embellish AND be fouled. they are not mutually exclusive

I kind of see the point, the intent is to prevent guys from trying to draw a call. clarkson was over the top theatrically. that was adam west/william Shatner bad acting. you can embellish AND be fouled. they are not mutually exclusive

I get what you are saying but I still don't like the way they call it and I don't think Clarkson was over the top theatrically. Either there was an infraction that would cause a player to lose his balance/momentum in some way or it was a dive. I'd much rather see it called one or the other. That reeked of a make up call for Tampa Bay taking dumb penalties in the 3rd.