ZeroGravityFat

GDT New Jersey Devils vs. The Lightning 7pm MSG+

134 posts in this topic

Ya I think even with the short schedule we are going to see Pete stick with the style that worked last year. Matteau will probably be around and get time because they will be mixing and matching till they think they have 4 lines that can create energy and pressue. I do wish they would stop the double shifting of Kovy on man up as I like him on the PK along with carter, Gionta, Elias and Henirque. I think it forces teams to be more careful because of our counter attack....Anyway LETS GO DEVILS!

I really don't think Matteau will be playing tonight. Not only will it "waste" a year of the ELC, it'll make the Loktionov move seem pointless if Matteau is going to be on the roster.

Anway, LGD! Let's see a breakout game from Kovy tonight!

Matteau is playing tonight, the only way around it is dressing Harrold and screwing up the lines.

Burning his ELC doesn't matter - is he really going to get paid a ton coming off this contract?  No.  If the Devils leave him the roster all year is when I'll be upset - if he stays on the roster half the year, he'll be a year closer to free agency.  If they send him back to junior by, I dunno, the end of the month, that'll be fine.  They could even save money by doing that.

I'm excited about Matteau being back honestly.

He has some real skill. He needs to bury one.

Anyone think the Zubrus injury is serious?

LGD SMT3!

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Matteau is playing tonight, the only way around it is dressing Harrold and screwing up the lines.

Burning his ELC doesn't matter - is he really going to get paid a ton coming off this contract?  No.  If the Devils leave him the roster all year is when I'll be upset - if he stays on the roster half the year, he'll be a year closer to free agency.  If they send him back to junior by, I dunno, the end of the month, that'll be fine.  They could even save money by doing that.

You mean there's 'another' deadline?  I just assumed once the ELC year got burned off he was a year closer to FA.

Kovy has to have his TOI reduced he is hurting the team IMO I don't care what DeBoer says about he is doing everything else right. He isn't doing what he is paid to do... SCORE.

Go Devils

You mean there's 'another' deadline?  I just assumed once the ELC year got burned off he was a year closer to FA.

That's because teams very rarely do one without doing the other.  Most players whose ELC would be burned are high draft picks with star potential, and burning a year of those can really hurt.

game dosent look sold out tonight

Maybe we'll see a line shake up? I want to see Zajac between Kovy and Butler as the first line. Then

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Gionta Carter Bernier

Matteau JJ Barch

St. Louis is one of my favorite players and, I think, usually does well against NJ. Really hope he doesn't tonight, LGD.

ive got nhl center ice why dont they ever show the games in hd?

Maybe we'll see a line shake up? I want to see Zajac between Kovy and Butler as the first line. Then

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Gionta Carter Bernier

Matteau JJ Barch

Zuuuuuuuuuubie?!

if they cant stay out of the box tonight theyre in trouble.

Pretty sure we can pin greene and zid with a penalty each at the very least

Pretty sure we can pin greene and zid with a penalty each at the very least

yeah actually you can give zidlicky 4-6 minutes already