GDT New Jersey Devils vs. The Lightning 7pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

I get what you are saying but I still don't like the way they call it and I don't think Clarkson was over the top theatrically. Either there was an infraction that would cause a player to lose his balance/momentum in some way or it was a dive. I'd much rather see it called one or the other. That reeked of a make up call for Tampa Bay taking dumb penalties in the 3rd.

Yea I agree. He was hooked up high, lost his balance as he was pulled and fell backwards. I didn't see any embellishment other than that Clarkson didn't get up right away which would make it seem as though he was a little too presumptuous that the call would certainly be made. 

Kovy isnt doing his typical really excited goal celebrations, he barely smiled, reading too much into it?

He wasn't last year either for the most part. He's toned that down since coming to NJ. It seems like if its a big deal he will celebrate but a goal like tonight where it only puts them up by 1 with alot of time left he doesn't make a big deal about it.

Great win tonight. Marty played very well and I'm really liking the Elias-henrique-clarkson line. Great to see kovy get one and hopefully this will open up the flood gates. Hope to see Zajac get going as well.

Love, love, love the things the Greene and larsson pairing is doing. Nothing really to complain about tonight.

Kovalchuk was in a bit of a slump, so he was just relieved to be free of it - it almost seemed like he was still upset about the last play where he didn't score.

Solid game, 19 shots against is pretty darn good, 4 of them coming after the game was basically out of reach.  Matteau still almost looks like an NHLer but he's playing with Kovalchuk and Zajac so he should look pretty good.

ok there's three of you that may be overreacting to Kovy not celebrating as his normal self... sure, maybe he didn't tonight but all you have to do is flashback to his last goal this year, where he won it in overtime and reacted as enthusiastic as i've seen him.

haha probably reading too much into it guys, probably just a sigh of relief that he finally got one.

Just wanted to say that the Devils have at least a point in every game I've been to...I've been to every home game so far. I don't want to look too far into things here but clearly I can never miss a game again.

Marty needs a pair of the kings shoulder pads, with the 12" clavical guards.  needs to cover a few more inches top shelf

Greenes getting more comfortable at the point

hedman looks huge is he 6'7" 300 lbs now lol

bolts can score in bunches, thanks for the 5 on 3s

has anyone inquired about tallinder yet???